cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15 monthly plan previously 100 mb now still 100 mb, supposing 250MB?

bethgreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all:

Been with public mobile for 3 years. When I first join, it's 100 mb. Just realized now it's 250 mb.

Seems like good news but actually not because now I cannot access any data at all starting May 16, 2023.

Previously at least 100 mb every month without any problems.

Now with mobile data turned on, try to go online and got error message as "No internet connection".

restart my phone and now back to 100 mb and can access internet now.

But where is 250 mb? on my phone still shows 100 mb.

10 REPLIES 10

self solutiion removed

@bethgreen - ah the data limit setting on your phone? So, did you turn that off or adjust it?

Install an app to track your ‘live’ usage so you can keep track. Public Mobile are 30 day plans (not monthly).

If you are android, try this one:

Data Witness app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iwik.datawitnesspm&hl=en_CA&gl=US

I use this one myself and it gives me what I need from it.

You could also check out Data counter widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.roysolberg.android.datacounter&hl=en_CA&gl=US

If you are an Apple user, I am sure there is a 30-day app that is available as well.

Managing Your Data Usage:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/managing-your-data-usage

bethgreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

asked the representative. it's my data limit set up on the phone.

always thought 100 mb but actually it's always 250 mb. see the trap i set up in my mind for myself.

well not big deal. previously always use wifi so almost always 0 mb usage.

thanks everyone.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@bethgreen 

Public Mobile introduced the limited-calling limited-texting $10 and $15 plans together in early 2019.

Within a year, they stopped offering the $10 plan and changed the $15 plan to unlimited incoming, 100 minutes outgoing, unlimited texting, 250MB data.

The "new" $15 plan is equal or better to the "original" $15 plan in every way. If you still have the original (legacy) $15 plan then you should login Self-Serve and "Change plan on next renewal" to the (current) $15 plan.

now I wonder if  OP saw 100 incoming minutes on plan details and got mixed up with Mb of data..🤔

@bethgreen 

Public Mobile has never had a plan that only included 100MB of data.  Also, plans don't automatically change to include more data or features.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bethgreen 

Try logging into your account.  All the details should be there for you to see.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@bethgreen wrote:

Hi all:

Been with public mobile for 3 years. When I first join, it's 100 mb. Just realized now it's 250 mb.

Seems like good news but actually not because now I cannot access any data at all starting May 16, 2023.

Previously at least 100 mb every month without any problems.

Now with mobile data turned on, try to go online and got error message as "No internet connection".

restart my phone and now back to 100 mb and can access internet now.

But where is 250 mb? on my phone still shows 100 mb.

@bethgreen , I’ve been here since 2019 & my plan is the $15 250mb data at 3g speed! I don’t remember seeing the one you have!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@bethgreen 

Are referring to the data app on your phone for the 250mb of data?

Your data usage and on your plan will be up to date on your account.

PM plans always have 250mb of data with or without AutoPay from what I recall.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bethgreen if you login My Account using Incognito mode, does it show 250 Mb as plan details?

Honest, I am not sure if PM ever offer  a 100Mb plan for $15,  but if yours is not 250Mb, you can go to Plan & add-on page, click Change my plan and select the $15-250Mb plan and select Change plan on renewal date to schedule a plan change 

Need Help? Let's chat.