cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At a total loss.

Wyniss
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Been a happy customer with Public 6 years or so. Took a 4G offer last month that included 20 times my previous data which I didn’t really need but the package was less then my previous monthly cost. About the same time the rewards program was changed. My rewards were applied to the first month of my new package but now they are just collecting and not even the amount I was previously earning. I went online and can’t see anywhere that allows me to apply them to my account. I feel deceived. 

Any feedback/direction appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8

@Wyniss 

this is also available (For New Activations) but has no data included in the package..

cheep.png

edited

@Wyniss wrote:

Yes, you nailed it. I was on a 1 gig plan. Although with rewards it came to about $28 a month and had local calling only. You say $19 now? 

All the plans have Canada wide calling.  Also the slowest data speed plan is 4G speed (100 mbits/s).  This is what I am seeing as available plan options in my account.  You should see a similar lineup in your account.  The $19 plan is what you should look at getting.

Untitled.png

Wyniss

Yah, snookered seems appropriate. I don’t even need the upgrade to Canada wide calling. 

Wyniss

Yes, you nailed it. I was on a 1 gig plan. Although with rewards it came to about $28 a month and had local calling only. You say $19 now? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Wyniss 

FYI...the old Rewards program was retired and now we just get a few points which can eventually be redeemed for plan renewal, add-on and some contests in future. Now, you pay full plan costs every 30 days but get 5% of those costs in points. Once you have accumulated enough for plan renewal, you must redeem them yourself.

Many customers were snookered into buying larger than necessary plans only to have the Rewards rug pulled out in May...and ...they eliminated many of the "poverty plans" that were popular with us light data users. Here's some info on the new points program...it's not near as good as the Rewards were...but they're something anyhow...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Wyniss  you can use this link to redeem 15 points for $15 if you have the required amount of points.

Yes, it is a little confusing and will need to get used to. You will be paying more each month and the points will take awhile to accumulate. 😒

https://myrewards.publicmobile.ca/en/on/catalogue

@Wyniss , you need to go to the rewards portal from the online account to convert points into account funds.  The conversion rate is 1 point = $1.  However, you can only convert points in batches of 15.  As for plan costs, I am assuming that you were on the $25/1GB plan previously.  You can get that plan back at $19.  Go to the subscription and add-ons tab and check out the available plans.  You will see it there.  The savings in plan cost will offset any rewards reduction.  

slusagm
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

just wrong timing. 

What plan you have now? what level or price you are looking for?

Need Help? Let's chat.