cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$34 for 50gb - is unlimited data included?

Mhutu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

For the $34 for 50gb plan, is unlimited data included after the 50gb limit is reached? I don't see any language specifically in the fine print about unlimited data for this plan but want to double check before switching.

10 REPLIES 10

Floatplanes

Thank you for the clarification. I found similar here. https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Data-Overage/m-p/1132540

I am surprised at the knowledgebase in the community here. I am quite happy!

hi @Floatplanes 

PM is a prepaid provider, so, they will not charge extra.  You have to buy before you use any service

So, if you have a plan without unlimited data, once you reached the max, data will just stop working

of course if you have a plan with unlimited data (like the $35 5G Canada-only plan), data will run at 512kbps if you reached the limit

Floatplanes

I saw this too, but the one that says unlimited also has the superscript 1. I guess basically it boils down to, if it says unlimited, it's unlimited. If it doesn't say it, it's not. So then my only question is, do the let you go over and charge you for it or do they do a person a favor and cut it off at your cap and leave you alone?

@hairbag1 It's really not that confusing. Those are standard T&C's where you match the term number to the numbers noted in the plan description. This is not unique to PM.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It doesn't say unlimited anywhere in the plan description, and it's been clarified here. The answer is no. Once your data is used up it stops altogether. Plans that included unlimited throttled data will say that in the plan description.

Along with all the other un-nessessarily confusing "fine print". 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Mhutu 

I guess you're right. It's not very clear to people new to Public Mobile. Let me show you how we as regulars here determine it.

As you can see by this screen shot, I've circled the 1. 

Chalupa_Batman_0-1709479844757.png

Right beside it is this. Offer Details.

Chalupa_Batman_1-1709479871280.png

Now, here's a screen shot of a plan that offers unlimited throttled speeds. Noticed the circled 2. 

Chalupa_Batman_2-1709479920033.png

Under "Offer Details"....  2 states unlimited throttled speeds.

Once again, I see how it can be confusing. But this is your answer.

Mhutu

I am trying to clarify if with this plan I will be able to continue using data after 50gb limit is reqched but with a lower speed.  I also have a support ticket in and they have indicated that with this plan i will be able to continue using data but in a lower speed.  Not clear right now

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mhutu 

All of the Public mobile US-Canada cell plans do not have unlimited throttled data after the regular plan data is used up.  

Markaps
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Simple answer, no.

Need Help? Let's chat.