cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1800 number not working

Chrisannad
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi folks!  I tried calling a 1800 number today and got an odd message "8-U-M-1 your call cannot be completed as dialed" 
Why can't i call FedEx?  my plan is active.

14 REPLIES 14

Chrisannad

It worked, thanks!

@Chrisannad wrote:

I was trying 180046339.  I'm in Nova Scotia and wonder if that's the issue

HI @Chrisannad   No, Nova Scotia would not be any difference in terms of Fedex 1-800

Reboot the phone once and try calling 1-800-463-3339 again

I hope that's just a typo. The number is in fact 18004633339. I get the cheery Public lady when I dial your number.

The proper number works for me though.

Chrisannad

180046339 was the number on the return label of the parcel I was trying to send.  it was a Canadian return label.

@dabr wrote:

@not-trust-anyon   OP mentions 1800 in his post, so I'd assume he's already dialed with a 1 in front of the number. 

HI @dabr   so, no need to 11800 ??/ 🤔

Chrisannad

I was trying 180046339.  I'm in Nova Scotia and wonder if that's the issue

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Chrisannad   is there a real 1800 Fedex number?  I received many Fedex calls all the time, but many of those are from fake number

if the 1800 is a fake one and from US , you might not be able to call

What's the number so others can try?

Chrisannad

I tried without the 1, and got a beep-beep-beep tone that disconnected. I don't have roaming on. 

Chrisannad

the + before the toll free number gets me to a message from Public mobile saying my call cannot be completed as dialed...

@not-trust-anyon- The + is unnecessary in this case. That's only needed for calling to outside of the country you're in. I also tried dialing the gofedex number without the one and it went through. I also turned off the roaming assistance option in the dialer.

@not-trust-anyon   OP mentions 1800 in his post, so I'd assume he's already dialed with a 1 in front of the number. 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I have had this problem with some toll frees. Can you share this one? We can try it too.

Need Help? Let's chat.