cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messages from european bank not coming through

zyga70
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

My bank from Poland is sending text messages with code for transaction. In the past I was receiving these messages without problem. Now they cannot rich me. I spoke with bank - they have message status "delivered".

They said, lately they received similar calls from the US, Canadian users about the text messages not coming through. 

Do you have any idea, how to fix it?

Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5

zyga70

Yes, all services works. Android. Bank sent different test message and it went through. They have my correct ph#.

Only these automated transaction code messages don't go.

zyga70

Bank was able to send these SMS transaction passwords to Canada before for many years. It worked. Last was sent on August 30th. Than I went for a vacation and removed Public Mobile SIM card from my phone to use local pre-paid cell SIM card (no PM roaming in Poland).

When I come back (yesterday), I put PM SIM card back and all services (calls, text messages, data) works, but I cannot receive these text messages from the bank. Bank employee sent me a different text message (kind of advertising) and it went through to my phone. So they have correct phone #. Only these automated, transaction code messages are not going through...

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you call in and out? Text out and normal in or even other codes in? Mobile data (not wifi)?

Android or iOS?

zyga70

My line is few years old, but I just come back from vacation in Poland and re-installed Public Mobile SIM card back in my phone. Maybe this is treated as a new installation and will take these 5-8 days?

Bank cannot change to e-mail notifications (only SMS).

Bank see status of the message as "delivered" to my phone. This number is not going to spam folder and/or it's not blocked also.

Thx for your help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@zyga70 don't want to give you the false hope of 5 to 8 days

Many system generated text, like 2GA text from banks , won't come through to Canada.  It really depends on the sender.  If the sender system has set up to send to Canadaian phone number,  then you might get it.  In such case it will then take the 5 to 8 days after you activated.  Buy many non Canadian system are not set up to send to Canadian numbers, usually they are set up to send within their country 

Need Help? Let's chat.