cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$15/month plan?

Alex861
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I can’t find the $15/month plan on Public mobile when I try to change subscription plan. It shows only in “Shop” (shop for plans) but not in the app or when you log in into your account and want to change subscription. The lowest it offers is $29/month.

please advise or help me change my plan to $15/month for the next billing period. How do I do that?

Thank you!

IMG_1052.jpeg

15 REPLIES 15

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Meow wrote:

@Alex861 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I’ll consider the $100/year Telus plan and keep an eye out for any new options. Appreciate your help!

Be aware that Telus $100/year unlimited calls/sms is PROMOTIONAL for 2 years. If you read small print they can cancel it at any time so you might get at least 1 year for $100...
Otherwise it is 400 minutes/year.

Plus, without the promo bonus you are limited to 400 SMS on that plan - incoming and outgoing. With the amount of spam texts these days that might as well be no SMS at all. Even PM's long since scrapped $10/$13 plan had unlimited incoming texts...

@Alex861 wrote:

Thanks for the info! I’ll consider the $100/year Telus plan and keep an eye out for any new options. Appreciate your help!

Be aware that Telus $100/year unlimited calls/sms is PROMOTIONAL for 2 years. If you read small print they can cancel it at any time so you might get at least 1 year for $100...
Otherwise it is 400 minutes/year.

Alex861

Thanks for the tip! I’ll try reaching out to PM and see if they can offer a cheaper plan.

Alex861

It’s a shame Public Mobile isn't as competitive now. Thanks for the heads-up on the BTS offers! I'll keep an eye on the best deals available.

Alex861

maurelle
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Alex861   I was hoping to switch to an affordable plan. Just to keep a number active

You can suspend your account for up to 90 days at a time to preserve a number if you don't need to actually use the phone (such as if you were leaving the country for a while), but if you want to keep the number active and still usable you could switch to the $100 a year Telus plan which is less than anything you can currently get here.  Although since most of the PM plans are said to expire today there may be something else coming up that could be of interest.  Hard to beat the Telus $100 a year though (it does not have data though if that's an issue).

Sad to say that Public Mobile is not competitive with minimal use / low cost plans anymore. First BTS offers have already been posted - making that $15 not accessible to existing customers will lose Public Mobile customers.(caveat: best deals depend on where you are, unfortunately.)

@Alex861   I was hoping to switch to an affordable plan. Just to keep a number active

You can suspend your account for up to 90 days at a time to preserve a number if you don't need to actually use the phone (such as if you were leaving the country for a while), but if you want to keep the number active and still usable you could switch to the $100 a year Telus plan which is less than anything you can currently get here.  Although since most of the PM plans are said to expire today there may be something else coming up that could be of interest.  Hard to beat the Telus $100 a year though (it does not have data though if that's an issue).

Wayworn
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Unfortunately ----at this point all you can do is contact Customer Support and ask for a favour. 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

try ask PM and see if they can change it to a cheaper plan for you.  Some people need to leave the country for some times and need the basic plan to keep the number

use the orange chatbot icon on the lower right, start by typing Submit ticket and choose Contact Us.  Follow the prompt to login and you can get to ticket open screen

Alex861

That’s a good suggestion. Will do. Thanks.

Alex861

Don’t think this is fair. I was hoping to switch to an affordable plan. Just to keep a number active.

Alex861

Wow! Interesting! I do not see this one on mine. Are you in BC? I assume PM might “tailor” plans based on individual. Could they?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

There is  no more $15 available to existing customers.

Lowest plan is $19 (what I can see on my account):

Meow_0-1721918363496.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Alex861 

the $15 plan is reserved for new accounts only now.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Alex861 

The $15 plan are for new activations and not for new members unfortunately.

I would suggest you check on your account again later as PM will be bring new plans out tomorrow.

Need Help? Let's chat.