Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to our New Community!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Happy New Year Community, 

We are delighted to launch our newly redesigned Community. 

We hope you like the fresh new look, and that the new design will allow you to find information you need quickly and easily. Curious about our new upgrades? We’ve highlighted a few of our favourites:

New Layout:

• The modern interface makes it easy to ask a question to our Community and receive quick responses from a Community expert 
  • No desktop? No problem. We made this platform mobile friendly! Making it easy to search or post a question while your on the go.  

Boards & Forums

Announcements:

The Public Mobile team uses this board to feature new business updates and to keep our customers informed about new promotions and programs. 

Get Support:

Looking for help with your Public Mobile service? This is the place to post all support questions. Our Oracles and support members answer topics posted under this board.

The Lounge:

Just for fun. Want to share your interests, hobbies and anything that’s not related to phone-stuff? The Lounge is the place to be.  

Label your questions:   

• Each question posted on the “Get Support” board will require a minimum of 1 label attached. Try to attach the label that fits best with your question.

Example: Why is my data not working, I changed my new plan to increase my data amount? Best label to attach: [Plans].

This will help keep all those great questions organized in our Community. 

Jade_S_3-1641313324003.png

If you’re searching for a specific topic, try clicking our labels filter to find exactly what you’re looking for.    

Jade_S_2-1641313294512.png

Private Messaging 

• We’ve also refreshed the look and layout of the private messaging inbox. We’ve made it easy to find your threads and communicate with agents or staff. 
  • To access your private messaging inbox, click the envelope icon in the top right corner.
  • Conversations are now threaded! If you need to leave and return to a message at a later time, your thread will save exactly where you left off.  

Jade_S_1-1641313271194.png

For more information on Community visit these Help Article links:

How to send a private message 

How to ask a question 

Helpful Community tips

Like most new things, it will take some getting used to. Remember we have our Oracle and Public Mobile teams to assist with any questions you have. Let us know your thoughts & happy asking & supporting! 

-  Public Mobile Team 

199 REPLIES 199

Crdnwb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

nice!

Public506
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a good primer for those who are new to this business. Straight forward and simple. 

afterglow007

Great information, thank you! It's a pleasure being a part of the Public mobile community 

Thanks @lovelyrachel  @Nezgar 

lovelyrachel

What Nezgar says next.

You will see statistics for

Total Page Views
Total Messages Read
Topics Started
Replies
Blog Articles Posted
Blog Comments Posted
Ideas Posted
Idea Comments Posted
Contest Entries Posted
Contest Comments Posted
Reviews Posted
Review Comments Posted
Bravos Given
Total Board Views
Total Signins

@hTideGnowClick your avatar/icon in the top right of the site, then click "My Profile".

On that page, scroll down to the bottom for all your personal statistics...

Hi @lovelyrachel what statistics??

lovelyrachel

Is this a blog post? My statistics say there are also blog posts to read

_markymark

Let's go

hughdyment9

Agreed! I am a new community member and I must say, I find the new layout much easier to use! It’s simpler and more convenient to use on a small screen. With the old layout, I had to use a laptop to view my usage because everything was so small. It’s so much easier. While it may take a bit to get used to, I think it’s a great step that Public Mobile made!!

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

OK not being able to search is not at all good. One of many whole points of the internet when it comes to text & forums is to be able to search for precisely what you want through yottabytes upon yottabytes of data. And the PM forum is just a nanofraction of the entire internet so they should be able to restore / fix that.

@darlicious wrote:

@bluejaywpg 

Lol....the lounge sucks a lemon now!

Agreed! But I say this whole forum now sucks.... I mostly gave up on it as a result. Sad!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

Lol....the lounge sucks a lemon now! It's filled with pm related post markers from being moved out of the lounge because so many pm related posts get moved in there you can't tell the difference between the two forums. Somewhere along the way we lost the ability to search for threads in the lounge and unlike before when active threads would remain on the first or second page cycling to the top when a new post was added to a thread now they just get buried deeper and deeper into the abyss.....never to see the light of day again. I used to update my threads at least once a week. I can't be bothered to scroll thru a hundred or more pages looking for my threads.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Only now I realized that the forums have been reduced & simplified to just 3 topics, with 2 to choose from for posting new things (1 for real-world issues using PM, 1 for everything else). I suppose that's a good thing, as many would not understand which topic to use, & hopefully that reduces the moving of posts. Also, I hope that "The Lounge" is no longer seen & treated as somewhat of a "backwater" forum for the occasional miscellaneous posts.

lllb

Do not like the new bells and whistles, not an improvement just more cumbersome and confusing

Charlie_Edgar

Yeah it works well for me on my phone and laptop!

dyardeni

Thank you!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

I don't consider it an improvement when you fix one problem but create several more problems in the process. It doesn't matter how much💄you put on a 🐖💋🐽 its still a 🐖!

@hTideGnow- There is no other hand. Time and time again they roll out a bug-riddled system that seems to have not been tested and just throw it out to the customers in real time with real money and real service downtimes. That is not how to roll out systems. It's laughingly appalling.

Greg_R844

That's my hope and the reason for my original comment. Just a couple of bullet points that I hope they add to their list of broken features that need to be addressed. 

HI @Greg_R844   Yes, I agree.  But on the other hand, we see them start fixing many of the problem on the site.  Let's hope the usage page will be fixed soon

Greg_R844

Thanks, but I don't want a specific date, I want a specific transaction type for a date range. I've lived without it for this many years, I'll just hope they actually figure out it's a problem as some point. As an IT/Systems professional for over 30 years.. if I pushed out updates that were broken like this, I wouldn't have made it to over 30 years!  😉

HI @Greg_R844 

Until the issue is fixed, there is a trick to make the filter work

when the filter is 90 days, ALL usage type, you click Next or jump pages , keep doing until it shows the day you want or 90 day (again, this is with ALL type)

Then once you  hit the date you want or once 90 days is there, you filter back to the usage type you want, for example Talk, and you will see the Talk really showing 90 days or showing up to where you stopped earlier when it was all Usage type

Greg_R844

Yes, I clicked the filter and tried all of the different date selections including custom for the start day of my plan until the current day for talk type transactions. All of the selections returned the same result, I just gave the 15 days as an example so that I could point out that the download has all of the transactions I was expecting to see. I have been wishing for a way to filter by data, text, talk etc. since I joined Public so it's going to be a welcome addition when they get it working.  🙂

HI @Greg_R844 

did you click the filter, change to what you want and apply filters?  

hTideGnow_0-1657910792839.png

For me, if i change the Usage type to ALL , it works

but if i change to specific one , it only gives me 3 weeks or 4 week evenI picked 90 days

Greg_R844

May have already been mentioned but I'm not reading through the huge amount of replies.. Talk usage filter isn't working correctly, I'm only seeing one page of transactions for 15 days filter but using the download link I can see the missing ones.  Also, showing the 100% consumed free one time give-away information under the Add-on usage is just not necessary in my opinion. 

fatfrog

thanks!

@fatfrog    Clear your browser cache/cookies and use incognito/privacy mode or even another browser before retrying to submit a ticket or private message.  Unfortunately, there's been more than the normal glitches since PM updated their self serve account yesterday, so you might need to be patient.

Here's the links to both (if you need them):  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@fatfrog  Give it one more chance, this time will work.  Use this link to direct message PM Support:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

fatfrog

WHAT A NIGHTMARE !

no matter how many times i try to get help or submit a ticket, i just go in a loop, i can't submit a ticket and i am directed to send a private message and when i go to send a private message i am directed to back to my account page I HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING WORKS ... i have not received credit for autopay or loyalty

can someone help ?

how can i contact support ? i just go in an endless loop and trying for half and hour or more !