Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We want to hear from you: technical concerns, glitches, or bugs

A_CX_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: Thread Closed

We appreciate all your valuable feedback, in helping us identify crucial updates for our portals. The team is committed to addressing remaining issues. We ask you to contribute future feedback under our Get Support board to ensure posts are seen and responded to by our support members. Thank you!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Community Members, 

As you embrace the new way to experience mobility with Public Mobile, we want to know how your experience is, and if there are any issues you’ve encountered along the way. While we aim high, we know there’s room to grow. With your valuable feedback, we’ll keep innovating to deliver an even better experience. 

Use this thread to share any technical concerns, glitches, or bugs you've come across. Your valuable feedback will help our team identify and resolve issues effectively. 

Note: We will do our best to provide answers and updates to your questions. The team is working hard to share your feedback with our product teams to help resolve on-going issues. For support-related inquiries, please connect with our Oracles and Community experts for assistance. 

We'll be posting workarounds, updates and troubleshooting tips along the way.

Thank you,
Public Mobile Team

Please note: I am not a CS Agent and can't provide 1:1 support.
I do not monitor my direct messages.
398 REPLIES 398

MRxx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I see double charge on my credit card statement as posted.

Public Mobile account payment history does not show acctual transaction between Public Mobile and Credit Card registered for auto payment.

MRxx_0-1689360558576.png

@MRxx wrote:

I am getting double charged for service. Not good. People check your credit card statements for charges from Public Mobile.

Where you see the double payments?  Were they on the credit card or were they on the Payment History on My Acocunt (https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/payment/payment-history ) ? 

If you see them on your credit card, check if one of the charge is just a pending charge while only one of them is the posted charge

If they are on Payment history on My Account,  please note that each renewal will show at least two transactions on payment history on My account.  Only one entry shows actual PM charge, show how much PM charged your card and applied the amount to your Available Fund in My Account.  The other entry, likely couple hours later on the same day, will be showing how PM uses the money from your Available fund in My Account for plan renewal.

Post us a screenshot of you have questions 

MRxx

I am getting double charged for service. Not good. People check your credit card statements for charges from Public Mobile.

hayl5892
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’ve had a few issues that have led to my frustration but my personal problems shouldn’t effect the access to “my account” all I’m asking is to correct the email address and it’s taking since July 4th to get it resolved. The last message received from a cs agent asked what was the last number I txted or called well this is a question that would have me think back to June 30th I’m I don’t frigging know it’s just maddening 

celinem5121

@hayl5892  I have had no luck tying to get into my account. I've now had 5 different CS agents asking the same questions and nothing gets fixed. I'm lucky that I can at least use my phone. I have also thought about switching providers but will stay as long as my phone works. If it didn't, I would be gone in a heartbeat.

hayl5892

It’s totally out of control now, yes my account was frauded it’s all little things that are adding to this frustrations.. but fraud on my bank account should render “my account” useless and unable to log in or have any access to my information… seeing as my account was frauded  maybe I now need to change plans to a more affordable one for the time being and without access it’s not easy!

@hayl5892- Reviewing one of your threads I see that a primary problem is that your bank did a chargeback for the charges from here. You will need to use vouchers for the next while. Like maybe even up to a year. I don't recall if the effect also limits account access.

hayl5892

I can’t even log into my account I only have access to the community I’ve opened 3 tickets trying to resolve the issue at hand and have spent countless days hours mins on this all while I have no current phone service. It’s beyond frustrating and sad that you have to completely go through the whole story every time you get a no cs agent. Instead of them taking the moment to read the previous notes you get a useless response and have to start all over! Pm should be compensating it’s loyal customers for this unforeseen problem, that could have been prevented if they took the time to slowly merge Telus with pm instead of opening a app to both companies and heads colliding and everything going out of control. Ppl having zero access to there accounts unable to pay their plans resulting in not having a valid phone line or mobile data has made it impossible for ppl to be in contact with there employers employees or even just personal use non the less it’s a big problem that should have never happened 

hayl5892

I don’t even have a phone working this whole month because of issues with the new switch it’s extremely frustrating can’t use ur phone for work or personal use it’s extremely annoying and has me contemplating switching providers when I’ve been a loyal customer for over 6 years, why couldn’t pm just insure there customers accounts stayed active during this merge to insure us loyal customers the problem is temporary and will be resolved… who knows how long till this will be fixed and are we all supposed to sit here with no service while they fix there problems… it’s not something we’ve done and should be liable or held accountable for its a issue within there creation where the time wasn’t taken to insure all bugs were fixed and resolved before putting the app out for use! Disappointed to say the least! 

celinem5121

@will13am  I was thinking the same thing. I don't know why companies have to change something that worked well in the past. I'm getting very frustrated with not being able to get into my account.

Actually it can become an eventual barrier to using the service.  

@will13am wrote:

When will the VoLTE blacklist be looked into and eliminated.  I have a fully capable VoLTE device, it was working the first month of the rollout.  Out of the blue, it got blacklisted, Telus site now says it's not compatible which of course is untrue.  VoLTE works on the dog brand on this phone as well.  

Carriers used to do stuff like this to encourage customers to by phones form the carrier, but since Pubic Mobile doesn't sell devices, all this practice does is upset customers.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

When will the VoLTE blacklist be looked into and eliminated.  I have a fully capable VoLTE device, it was working the first month of the rollout.  Out of the blue, it got blacklisted, Telus site now says it's not compatible which of course is untrue.  VoLTE works on the dog brand on this phone as well.  

@Grinch wrote:

4. My ZTE723 is using data...how's that possible?

The ZTE723 supports VoLTE, and with Public Mobile's recent introduction of VoLTE service in March 2023, this may trigger miniscule data usage when data sessions are connected to facilitate VoLTE calling...

Similarly, this seems to be a frequent cause of roaming cost confusion for users on other postpaid carriers when they roam to USA or internationally and don't know why they were charged when they made no calls and had data roaming disabled.

I expect this would amount to no more than a few KB per month on your ZTE723 - are you seeing an amount along those lines?

Interesting @Anonymous , perhaps one of the reasons Telus started this update with public?

Anonymous
Not applicable

One positive I really like about the Eversafe ID is that it displays a separate log in name for PM than for my Telus TV and Internet account!  Used to be confusing  when both showed as “Telus” passwords when logging on. Eversafe ID makes it easy to decipher passwords between my two accounts now. 

cody_painter

Can you please tell the dev team to fix the performance issues for the self-serve website. The problem seems to stem from the getSessionItem function in src/platform/apps/Session.js. The function is wrapped in a useEffect hook all over the app so it is being called by react every time various components are re-rendered. Inside the function there is another function called getSessionItemDecryptedForm that takes like an entire second to resolve because it is performing some intense encryption using the jscrypto package. This is resulting in the main thread being blocked for like 99% of the time. Surely there is no reason to access encrypted browser cache every time components are updated. It even gets called when simply hovering your mouse over the navigation dropdown menu. Why are you even encrypting cached data in the first place? If the point of caching is to improve user experience by decreasing page load, why use a convoluted encrypted local cache if it is just going to be slower that pulling data from the server every time it is used anyway? This is truly the slowest website I've ever used, and I feel like it could be fixed in a single day if you really wanted to.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes thanks, he has requested the Eversafe code id several times. But he says it’s being sent to a number he no longer has and not to the new pm number he was assigned. He’s pretty adept, so assuming if email was possible he would have taken that option.  I gave cs his name and new pm phone number, but they do not want to do anything without hearing from him directly…which is the problem! He can’t contact them unless the Community sign up suggestion is possible without his account being confirmed?

@Anonymous- Did he try the resend code? Do you have any other identifying information that you'd be able to give? Maybe argue that your son is a minir (if he is).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prompt reply saying understandably, that for security reasons he needs to reach out directly by creating a Community id.  But is that possible when he cannot receive an Eversafe ID code?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent in a ticket for my Grandson who cannot sign in.  He used my referral code to sign up, which was acknowledged on my account and he has phone service.  But he cannot sign into his new account to pay for next month as his Eversafe code is not being sent to his new number.  He thinks it’s being sent to an old phone number to which he has no access. Hopefully someone can fix it for him.

Proxima
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

there’s a difference between hearing about some thing and doing something about it

@StillAngry- Are you meaning on the phone itself? Or in your usage logs in your account? Does this become visible upon your return? Or while you're away?

StillAngry
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Has anyone had calls logged to their phone when out of the country, particularly a country where our phones cannot make calls? I have and I am wondering how this happens.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kk8    Very strange that you're still unable to get into your account. 

The only other suggestion I can think of is to reboot your computer/device (if not done already) and retry but if still unable to login, then contact support for other suggestions via private message or chatbot (not always working as intended).

Here's a link to send private message to CS_Agent:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Chatbot can be accessed by clicking the Get Help link top of your screen.

kk8

yes

And are you trying with a non-mobile browser?

kk8

I have tried all of the above. Don't know what is going on. Thanks for the suggestions!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@kk8    Are you using incognito/private mode (recommended) to login or clearing cache/cookies as PM's website has caching problems?   You can also try a different browser as well.

kk8

Have tried both website and app. Can't even login on the app, it starts as if I am a new customer after clicking login and entering information. The website logs in, but the only thing I am able to access is community.

Need Help? Let's chat.