Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on support

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

I want to give you an update on where we are at right now, since the last time I did so was last week. 

First, I want to start off by thanking you all for the continued patience and support you have demonstrated over the last two weeks. We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this. I can assure you that our entire team is working tirelessly to get through the backlog as fast as possible and as effectively as possible.

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

Our system pools all Community posts, private messages to the MODS, and social media messages into one feed, and we are working through each of these in chronological order – first in, first out. This way we address the issues that have been going on the longest. Again, we appreciate your patience.

The high level of interest in our promotional plan also brought to light some fractures in our systems and opportunities to improve our support. We will be doing an in-depth review of lessons learned once we’re done going through customer support requests, but in the meantime, I wanted to share some of the most obvious opportunities we have identified:

• A ticketing system for customer support inquiries that acknowledges receipt of your issue, provides a ticket number upon receipt, lets you know where you are in queue and when you can expect to hear back from a moderator
  • A cleaner way to organize tickets by type of issue so we can better prioritize
  • Activating and porting simultaneously failed for a greater percentage of customers than we had seen before so a group of colleagues from our technology team are investigating quick fixes for these

Unfortunately, these lessons learned won’t be fixed overnight and won’t be implemented quick enough to improve support for those in the queue right now. But, you do have our commitment that we will focus on improving this process.

Finally, to help us manage our volume of requests, we have a couple of asks for our customers who were with us before the Fall promotion:

• If you future dated your plan to change to the Fall promotion and you see in Self Serve that the plan change failed, please give us 72 hours from your plan renewal date before you contact us. We’ve identified an issue that is delaying this change, but the change will happen.
  • If there is an inaccuracy in your rewards, we would ask you to please message us after December 5th to get those fixed. We will make sure you get all the rewards you are entitled to, but we want to make sure we are prioritizing customers with no service in the short term.

Once again, I want to thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through what has been a busy and challenging time. We are grateful to have you all in our Community and look forward to building a bright future together.

Sincerely,

Dave

305 REPLIES 305

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Man oh man.

Things have gotten so incredibly depressing around here lately. 

durrrrr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I will do that Rock...thanks for the heads up

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Did you check the BBB before you joined PM, just curious.

Rockdaddy22
Start a new thread we might be able to get it solved today. @cotemat

cotemat

I have a new suggestion to speed things up: Everybody should file a complain on the BBB (Better Business Bureau) 

http://www.bbb.org/

I just filed a complaint (1347990), This is one that they can't ignore, and it will be for ever recorded.

If you just send them email and file support tickets is stays on their internal reccord, not to the public.

I would also suggest to file a complain with the credit card company if you just got billed.

I've been out of service for more than 5days now, and I run out of patience. If the BBB get a thousand complain in the same day, I bet you things will move faster!!!

Rockdaddy22
I would start my own thread in the morning.

cotemat

Hi Dave,

this is getting extremely frustrating, my plan was renewed on December 7th, (while I was on vacation)

I didn't have access to a computer, so tried to file a service request thru my phone. You have a bug on your website; when I typed my information, I got this error "your email does not match".

So I wasn't able to file a ticket until 2 days later when I got back home. I entered the exact same info on my computer and finally able to file a ticket.

It's been over 50h since I filed it, and I still didn't get an answer from your support team.

Request #3155-5947

Note: the auto-pay was successfully charged to my credit card on Dec 7th, my account says active, but I got no services at all.

I’ve been without service for over 4 days now, and I run out of patience. Is there something that I can do to speed this up, or at least get a F...ING answer from you’re team!!!!!!!!!!

mpfc75

@MHS I also received this message when I tried to port my Rogers number. I used the account number as shown on my bill and that was the error.  

On the bill, the account number contained hyphens like 1-2345-6789.  I checked the account number online and the numbers were the same but the hyphens were absent.  

I retried my port with just the digits (123456789)  and it worked like a charm!

Rockdaddy22
@durrrrr I'd start your own thread detailing your issues.

durrrrr

Hi...

I switched my dad over from Wind mobile a few weeks back just prior to the promotion going away. At the time it said the transfer went through however there was an error but we later received a confirmation email nonetheless stating that Public Mobile charged the credit and what not.

Fast forward to three weeks later and neither the Wind sim card nor the Public Mobile sim works. It states that the sim is not register on the network.

My credit card has been charged the full amount yet I have no service. Can anyone help please.

airfriend
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Dave,

I have been locked out of my self-serve account for over a month. I don't udnerstand why. Please help!

mikefradette
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @MHS, did you enter the correct name on your TELUS account that's authorized to transfer the number? Are you sure you have a PIN set on your TELUS account?

bobby007

what paln do you have with public mobile?  i am at Toronto

MHS

Hi! 

I am located in Edmonton, AB. What is your phone #?

Thanks!

Mohammad

bobby007

Hello Mohammad  - where are you located ? in TORONTO?  any possible you can call me so i can talk to you about your public mobile. Thanks 

MHS

Hi!

I tried to transfer my cell number from Telus and I received the following message:

Your Old Service Provider rejected your transfer request. Common mistakes:
• Account Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
• Equipment Serial Number doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
• Security PIN doesn’t match Old Service Provider records
• Alternate Contact Number format (should be 10-digits, no spaces, no dashes)
• Did not check the “I am authorized…” checkbox

Please review and correct your entries, and click “Submit”

I don't know what is wrong with the system. I entered my account number from Telus. I entered my PIN, I entered Alternate Contact #, and I checked the Authorized checkbox. Please advise what else should I do. I sent a message on last Saturday and Tuesday for Mary_M, but received no response. I am paying for these both phone lines. If you need any further information, I could send them for you when I receive a response from you or any other moderator. Thanks!

Mohammad

P.S: It may seem irelevent to send you this message, but consider it at a desperate measure to find an answer to a simple question. As I start to consider leaving PM, I also appreciate it if you let me know how I will be able to cancel my account and get refund for my money. Have a nice day.

@bobby007 the old garndfather plan? Oh that hurts... that was a great plan...

No I do not think mods can even help here

You can ask but that plan is no longer in system as far as I know

bobby007

I had the $25 plan - unlimited talk and text and i never knew that by porting the number would completely cancel my plan and everything, now ther is no way i can get my old plan with a new number?

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately porting out closes the account. Was it a specific plan you're looking for?

bobby007

I had public mobile for long time and recently I have switch to Fido and ported my public moible number to fido and i didn't know that this will make my public mobile account to be inactive. Can you please help me what should i do.  I want to keep my public moible active with my same plan that i had with public mobile.

Now when i log into my public moible account its telling me "plan expired" , so if i pay the bill now, will it automatically turn it to active  or still inactive because i ported my number to another company. 

@aalapati oh don't get me wrong, I think Telus (Public) is the best

But no network is perfect

If in GTA two places I will show you signal rots on Telus

Mississauga - Prologis + Hurontario

Vaughan - Steeles + 427

Worst spot I ever found for Rogers

Vaughan - Major Mackenzie + 27

I am sure many more but these 3 areas I know well from experiance

aalapati
@kav2001c I live and work in GTA. I used to get voice mails on my own house and at my own desk with Rogers. It never happened with Bell and PM. That is good enough for me. With my little experience I would say coverage is better than Rogers.

@aalapati Public runs on the Telus/Bell networks so coverage should be identical

The only place of value where Rogers can beat them is the northern Ontario areas

Otherwise coverage is very similar to Rogers & better in many areas

aalapati

I have been a Bell and Rogers customer in the past. With my experience with these 3 carriers, I can say PM's coverage is better than Rogers in the areas I live and work and on par with Bell's coverage.

Rockdaddy22
I think it worth it even without the promo. I was happy getting 6GB for that price, 12GB is just a bonus 🙂

Tommyd
I think some people are unsure of the unkown, how our lives revolve around our phones. I mean I just bought an iphone 7 plus and never thought I would spend $1300 on a phone or need the larger screen. Now having made it through a couple hoops to get onto Public Mobile, I can honestly say the service is at par with Bell/Rogers and I dont understand how anybody is ok paying $100+ for a plan and doesn't jump to Public Mobile the next time they have a promo. I do think Public Mobile should clearly state or now allow a direct port, that the porting is only done after plan is activated.

Thank you again @Shazia_K @Dave_M

Rockdaddy22
I agree @kav2001c this is an all new one. Its amazing how many people could've gotten the promo but then changed their mind 😞

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is time for another update so that those who remain stuck in the queue know how far they are from the front of the line. 

@rinkoedo to be quite honest, NONE of us has ever heard of this issue before. I have been with Public for over 6 years

Yet this last month is the FIRST time I have ever heard of anyone buying a SIM card, starting to activate/port then getting cold feet and randomly closing the browser window

I can understand how this mistake would happen but it still seems odd how many people jumped through hoops to get promo plan then changed their minds mid-activation

rinkoedo

@Dave_M

While I applaud you for an honest and transparent assessment on the situation, asking customers and non-customers to tolerate a 12-day wait to first response is simply not good enough. 

(Actual is 19 days)

Your team needs to be more effective in prioritizing issues like a triage nurse in hospital ER. Your top priorities should be

1a) customers who have paid but have received no service.

1b) people who abandoned registration process but had their phone numbers ported out of their carriers without authorization. I'm in that group. Even Telus was unable to locate my phone number. This is unacceptable. 

Parent company Telus needs to have visbility into this mess.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/WHAT-IS-THIS-BS/m-p/117770#U117770

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Unauthorized-porting-of-phone-number-out-o...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/HELP-PLEASE-My-ported-in-from-Rogers-No-Se...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/No-account-with-PM-but-disabled-old-provid...

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Number-Ported-and-No-Account-Details/m-p/1...

Need Help? Let's chat.