cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has Public Mobile support always been this bad? 19 DAYS - ACCOUNT STILL NOT WORKING!

inthevoid
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had an issue where my account was suspended on Nov 18th because the credit card on file was invalid. On Nov 19th I made a payment to the account to reactivate it. The payment came off my card, but my account balance was still $0 and I couldn't reactivate.

I opened up a ticket on Nov 19th regarding this. I got an email back saying someone would "get back" to me in 24 to 48 hours.

I didn't get an email back until Nov 26th! 8 days later! And the agent just replied that they needed my "account number" to do anything, even though I opened the ticket through my account and listed my phone number. They could have just resolved the issue then, but they chose to deflect it even longer.

So I replied with my account number. I haven't heard back since! It's now 17 DAYS later!

I haven't had any phone service for 17 DAYS!

This is really ridiculous.

I wonder if since Telus bought Public mobile, if they have been slowly letting it die, as a strategy to kill off competitors? Or was it always this bad?

This has been such a massive inconvenience. Now I see the fault of "web support only" service VS a phone call. No one is taking any responsibilty or a sense of urgency.

17 REPLIES 17

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @inthevoid

Can you please reply to the private message I just sent you 😉 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

inthevoid

Day 19 - still not working.

I got an email back from my ticket yesterday (Wednesday) saying they finally unsuspended my account and sorted it out. They said I needed to restart my phone in order for it to take effect. I did that. When I call out it says I do not have a long distance plan active.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rsbaher wrote:
I Left because one rep said that my issue isnt his problem and ignored my messages of me trying to explain. 

Umm... None of the mods (those who provide help to customers directly, any way) are male.  I'm curious who you were actually talking to.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@rsbaher

I understand completely. 

But the refund has already been requested and approved, you can contact your credit card issuer if you wish as I cannot speed up things, the payment department will fulfill your request shortly. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

rsbaher
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Shazia_K there is plenty to Complain about, if there was a way i could contact your manager i would have done do weeks ago. I have been told by a supposed 'supervisor' that my problem wasnt his issue to solve and then he continued to ignore me. and its no excuse to give poor customer service since ur prices are 'low' which they are not.

rsbaher
  • @Shazia_K
  • I have waited OVER 7 Business Days. I tried sending Facebook messages and haven't heard anything back. The decent thing to do is to respond, but since no one responded I had to resort to other methods to be heard. Just to inform you, if my money isnt returned by tomorrow I will be contacting my bank and credit card company.

rsbaher

Right! and i tried to explain that i already checked the community and they suggest i contact a moderator! he read the message and didnt respond! ive never been treat so bad by a service provider before.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @rsbaher

I'm really sorry that it's taking time to fulfill your request, 

The refund request has already been requested and will be refunded anytime soon. I will request for you to please wait a few days for the refund to reflect on your credit card account.

Please do not make multiple posts for the same thing, your request has been submitted and approved there is nothing to complain about. 

Thank you,

Shazia

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@rsbaher Who said it wasn't their problem? That's crazy.

rsbaher
@inthevoid
My problems were never solved even asking for a simple refund didnt happen. My best advice is to leave and find a better company. For example, Virgin has the exact same plan as the promo for the same price and they have great coverage and great customer service.
And just so you know the promo is originally 82 a month, so you have to ask your self if PM is worth 82 a month, in my experience they arent even worth 40 a month

rsbaher
I Left because one rep said that my issue isnt his problem and ignored my messages of me trying to explain. This company us Horrible, the absolute WORST, i came from wind and i prefer them over this. HOW CAN YOU IGNORE YOUR CUSTOMERS! if you cannot handle the work then you shouldn't be open.

@Shazia_K i have been waiting more than 7 business days for my money back. If i do not hear someone by tomorrow morning, i will be contacting my credit card company.

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yeah, it wasn't this bad before the thousands upon thousands of new customers flooding in during the promo month in November.  And it'll be back to normal once they get around to clearing up the backlog of issues.  I agree that they should have updated their messaging to reflect that service times are slow right now (even though it's ALL OVER the forums, some people only visit their own threads) but I think they've been too busy scrambling trying to fix all the issues to get around to updating the messaging in the various places that it exists.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @inthevoid

I'm sorry for the long wait, 

I will definitely get back to you shortly, please wait for my reply. 

Thanks,

Shazia

@Shazia_K Can you help our friend pls...

I know service was not this bad, it was great before the promo.  Unfortunately now they are catching up and it has been much longer, 17 days is not cool.  But once everything quiets down im sure it will be back to great custoemr s ervice again.

inthevoid

Their first email stated 24-48 hours response time. If they couldn't meet that, they could at least send out a note out of courtesy. Their ticket system seems very inadequate to meet SLAs.

Even otherwise - 17 days later and they still haven't fixed it. It's a joke.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It got worst after that 12GB promo. They are trying their best to resolve issues and catching up with the backlog. 

Instead of creating a ticket, get in touch with one of the mod with required info posted here: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Need Help? Let's chat.