Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on support

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

I want to give you an update on where we are at right now, since the last time I did so was last week. 

First, I want to start off by thanking you all for the continued patience and support you have demonstrated over the last two weeks. We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this. I can assure you that our entire team is working tirelessly to get through the backlog as fast as possible and as effectively as possible.

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

Our system pools all Community posts, private messages to the MODS, and social media messages into one feed, and we are working through each of these in chronological order – first in, first out. This way we address the issues that have been going on the longest. Again, we appreciate your patience.

The high level of interest in our promotional plan also brought to light some fractures in our systems and opportunities to improve our support. We will be doing an in-depth review of lessons learned once we’re done going through customer support requests, but in the meantime, I wanted to share some of the most obvious opportunities we have identified:

• A ticketing system for customer support inquiries that acknowledges receipt of your issue, provides a ticket number upon receipt, lets you know where you are in queue and when you can expect to hear back from a moderator
  • A cleaner way to organize tickets by type of issue so we can better prioritize
  • Activating and porting simultaneously failed for a greater percentage of customers than we had seen before so a group of colleagues from our technology team are investigating quick fixes for these

Unfortunately, these lessons learned won’t be fixed overnight and won’t be implemented quick enough to improve support for those in the queue right now. But, you do have our commitment that we will focus on improving this process.

Finally, to help us manage our volume of requests, we have a couple of asks for our customers who were with us before the Fall promotion:

• If you future dated your plan to change to the Fall promotion and you see in Self Serve that the plan change failed, please give us 72 hours from your plan renewal date before you contact us. We’ve identified an issue that is delaying this change, but the change will happen.
  • If there is an inaccuracy in your rewards, we would ask you to please message us after December 5th to get those fixed. We will make sure you get all the rewards you are entitled to, but we want to make sure we are prioritizing customers with no service in the short term.

Once again, I want to thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through what has been a busy and challenging time. We are grateful to have you all in our Community and look forward to building a bright future together.

Sincerely,

Dave

305 REPLIES 305

Krista5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

28*************4

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Krista5

I'm sorry to hear about this, 

Can you please send me a private message with your Public Mobile phone number? 

I will be glad to help you out! 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
@Shazia_K could you please take a look at this.

Does the balance show up in your account?

Krista5
I need help now please. Payment voucher said it worked but still suspended.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @estynnej,

Please send me a private message including your phone number, your 4 digit PIN as well as a description of the issue. I will be able to help you 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

crazycolby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think everything is back to normal, thanks

int19

@kav2001c wrote:

@Jonavin wrote:

Safe to port my second line now?

I ported in a referal just other day and trust me man I was making up excuses if it didn't work

My confidence is low right now but it seems to work fine

FWIW, my father signed up and ported over last week. Everything went fine, including the referral. He did it in two steps after I warned him repeatedly - first the account and confirmed service works, then port his existing number.

@Jonavin wrote:

I ported in a referal just other day and trust me man I was making up excuses if it didn't work

My confidence is low right now but it seems to work fine

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@666 wrote:

@Rockdaddy22, can you please give me an example how plan changes have been much better lately?  

Better = working now

Before it was guarenteed failure

Now most seem to go through no issues

Rockdaddy22

Yes we had huge problems last month and prior with plan changes. They seem to have mostly fixed the plan change bug a couple weeks ago. 

Before the fix, I had never seen a successful plan change, since the fix, it's hard to find any that don't work. So, from my observation, it's fixed.

@Rockdaddy22, can you please give me an example how plan changes have been much better lately?  

to me, recently, we have experienced this HUGE issues with everyone regarding the fall promotion and this bug affected me 3 months ago when i changed my plan 3 months ago.  and it happened again this time with the fall promotion.   so which means this bug AT LEAST exists 3 months ago til now, and PM does not bother to even take care of it for 3months.  they waited until this huge fall promotion issues that affected a lot of customers and overwhelm their mods and customers.

now i hope they will really take care of it.  we will see......

Jonavin

@666 Hopefully the Jan 5th maintenance will fix these bugs. They have gone on for too long. PM can't handle another promo with these bugs still not fixed.

Rockdaddy22
Plan changes have been MUCH better lately.

"a group of colleagues from our technology team are investigating quick fixes for these"

what PM should do is talk to your group of tech team to fix all the bugs!

1)  the plan never changed as dated.  i have two incidents future dated my plan and it never changed as planned.  once was the fall promotion and once was 3 months ago.   each time i have to private message the mods to got it fixed.  it took long time to be fixed and it was so frustuated.  

2) credit card cannot update properly in the autopay.  it is also a known bug that was admitted by one of the mod

3) the porting and activation bug

i don't know why public mobile has these bugs for such a long time and they still didn't fix them yet.  public mobile should be more proactive!!!  i expected a service provider (even it is a small one but growing) should had a better system and a better tech team.  and since public mobile is growing, i hope they can fix these bugs sooner than later.  otherwise, when the customers base is getting larger, it will more difficult to fix all those bugs and also discourage new customer that want to join us.

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No several people have noted this. If you are very near the river, you maybe picking up an Ontario tower.

So far I have not seen a response from PM on this subject. Maybe, they are hoping it goes away. I doublt it.

wonderingstars
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think much of the backlog of issues has been seettled since their responses are more timely. I sent a PM message on December 17, 2016 and received a response/issue settled on December 20, 2016. It was a nice early Christmas surprise as I was expecting a response after the new year.

If you haven't received a response I'd try and send another message to a moderator..

Netrunner

I am on the Province Wide plan in Ontario. However, when I am in Quebec(Gatineau/Aylmer), and phoning in Quebec, I seem to be using my long-distance minutes...

I have searched the forum and don't seem to be the only one having this issue. 

Rockdaddy22
I would definitely try again. What's the issue your having?

Netrunner

I sent an email to PM support on November 18th and I have yet to hear from them. So, better for some... not for me. 

Rockdaddy22
It's definitely much better 🙂

Jonavin

Looks like the backlog is largely cleaned up? I received very good responses today. Was very surprise someone was working Christmas Eve to get everything right. I got my long standing issue addresses and very happy with the outcome.

Rockdaddy22
This is just from my observation. If I know a mod is on live and helping with current issues plus it's a serious issue, I'll tag. I prefer when both the customer and mod are both on live, that way it avoids any lengthy back and forth. That being said, they might not have time to respond to the tag, so sending a message is a good idea.

I've noticed some mods going through old threads all day trying to wrap up old issues.

Rockdaddy22 wrote:
One mod helps live, many others are answering emails and private messages.

Hey @Rockdaddy22 is this the current protocol? One moderator responding to tags and the others responding to messages? The reason I ask is that I've been telling people to private message and haven't been tagging. Is the recommendation to tag again?

Rockdaddy22
@Shazia_K if you have a chance in the morning, could you take a look at this case.

Brownton

@Brownton wrote:

Hi,

My wife and I signed up on November 18 (me) and November 20 (my wife) and the ports still have not been done.

My wife received an email on December 8th saying

"Please note that there is an issue on your account making the port-in fail. We have sent a ticket to the department in charge; it would take up to 2 business days to have the issue solved. I apologise for inconveniences and want to assure you that we'll do our best to give you the service you subscribed for.

Beside, I'm able to see that your husband's account is already active and the port was successful; a colleague was able to help him out.  "

I'm concerned because neither port has been done yet and this is the only communication we have received. We are still using and paying for our Bell plans in addition to PM.

Should I make my own thread about this? If so what information should I include?

Hi,

Above is my original post (3 pages back in the thread).

I was assisted on that day by @Shazia_K and she was able to get my wife ported but she sent me a private message saying "I couldn't locate any accounts, can you give me more details?" about my acccount. I only saw the PM 2 days later (Friday) because I was expecting an notification about a PM by email.

I answered her pm with my account number, Client ID Number and PIN (all from Bell Mobility) that Friday (16th) and I still have not heard back. I contacted Bell Mobility and they say they have not had a request to port to another carrier. The status of my message still says "Not yet read".

I am hoping @Shazia_K will see this (i'm sure her inbox is filled) or maybe another mod that can help me with this.

Rockdaddy22
One mod helps live, many others are answering emails and private messages.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Unfortunetely they are still many days behind.... it appears the Mods jump between quickly answering forum posts and sometimes getting to new private messages.

It's too bad the whole "first in, first out" rule is never followed - but whatever, it's been many weeks for some people who are still waiting for responses.

Hopefully additional resources are being hired to handle the new, larger customer base.

V

KK
If it has been more than 12 days, I would message a moderator. The last update was they were 12 days behind. It was pretty crazy and it is possible you got lost in the mix.

frogger72

Apparently common, selected a plan change to the 12gb etc/$120 promo for 90 days back in early November, it did not take effect when my plan renewed.  Did the same thing again but I'm not exactly confident it will happen in February either.

Need Help? Let's chat.