Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on support

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

I want to give you an update on where we are at right now, since the last time I did so was last week. 

First, I want to start off by thanking you all for the continued patience and support you have demonstrated over the last two weeks. We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this. I can assure you that our entire team is working tirelessly to get through the backlog as fast as possible and as effectively as possible.

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

Our system pools all Community posts, private messages to the MODS, and social media messages into one feed, and we are working through each of these in chronological order – first in, first out. This way we address the issues that have been going on the longest. Again, we appreciate your patience.

The high level of interest in our promotional plan also brought to light some fractures in our systems and opportunities to improve our support. We will be doing an in-depth review of lessons learned once we’re done going through customer support requests, but in the meantime, I wanted to share some of the most obvious opportunities we have identified:

• A ticketing system for customer support inquiries that acknowledges receipt of your issue, provides a ticket number upon receipt, lets you know where you are in queue and when you can expect to hear back from a moderator
  • A cleaner way to organize tickets by type of issue so we can better prioritize
  • Activating and porting simultaneously failed for a greater percentage of customers than we had seen before so a group of colleagues from our technology team are investigating quick fixes for these

Unfortunately, these lessons learned won’t be fixed overnight and won’t be implemented quick enough to improve support for those in the queue right now. But, you do have our commitment that we will focus on improving this process.

Finally, to help us manage our volume of requests, we have a couple of asks for our customers who were with us before the Fall promotion:

• If you future dated your plan to change to the Fall promotion and you see in Self Serve that the plan change failed, please give us 72 hours from your plan renewal date before you contact us. We’ve identified an issue that is delaying this change, but the change will happen.
  • If there is an inaccuracy in your rewards, we would ask you to please message us after December 5th to get those fixed. We will make sure you get all the rewards you are entitled to, but we want to make sure we are prioritizing customers with no service in the short term.

Once again, I want to thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through what has been a busy and challenging time. We are grateful to have you all in our Community and look forward to building a bright future together.

Sincerely,

Dave

305 REPLIES 305

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
What's your issue @frogger72

frogger72
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are messages sent to the support email late last month part of the queue?  Should I send an additional message to a mod or create a new thread to complain that the promotional plan was not applied to my account, despite making the requested change in my account ahead of time?

I'm not clear on what should be done.. wait for my ticket to be addressed, or attempt to jump a queue by complaining again...there are posts where people complain about not hearing back for a few weeks, and then they complain again on the forum and then get a response.  So people in a queue that may or may not exist lose priority over people who complain multiple times. 

Nspire

The mod Caroline_D that asked me to confirm my address with doesn't even accept PMs anymore. I successfully messaged her my correct address on Dec 5th and haven't got a reply yet.  I try to send another message today and she does not accept PMs.   I did send it to Shazia_K and Danny_M however.  Come on PM I just need my two sim cards.

imagesoft
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got my porting issued fixed today.  Thanks for everyone's help and @Mary_M.

Rockdaddy22
They can read them via email instead of in the community. We can also do that.

imagesoft

I don't think the Messaging "Read: Not Yet Read" is working properly.  The first two message that I sent to @Shazia_K were definately read as she used the information to setup my account and assigned a temporary number as I am still having porting issues.  All of my sent messages say "Read: Not Yet Read".

I am waiting for my porting issue to get resolved.

newline
Thank you @Shazia_K - that resolved my issues. My account still shows that there is a future date plan change on Jan 3rd. Is this still needed now that I'm on the 12GB plan?

@trshtup wrote:

Appreciate the honest assessment.  For what it's worth, for those having difficulty, I've been with PM for about 3 months and they've been as good as Bell, my previous provider.  If you can hang in there you'll probably be happy in the long run that you did.

Totally agree.  My entire family is being switched to PM.  There have been a few small setbacks along the way and through no fault of the dedicated staff working through the undoubtedly large pile of support requests.  Don't lose hope, all issues will eventually be dealt with.  My last issue just got looked into recently.  The resolution has always been satisfactory.  Once the service is up and running, it is every bit as good as anything out there and at a much more affordable price.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @newline

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you as you might already know we are currently receiving a higher volume of requests than our usual.

Can you please reboot your phone? the plan has been updated to the 12GB promo one and your account is no longer suspended. 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
I'll tag @Mary_M to see if she can help you. You've obviously been waiting to long.

newline
I sent a private message to a mod December 6th and have not heard back. I made a post here about my issue. Basically, US add-on caused my account to be suspended and set to expire on the 27th. When can I expect to hear back?

Rockdaddy22
I would definitely send a new message

Magicite

Do we have a status on the backlog? I understand that my referral bonus and inquiry about missing tax on my payment is low priority. I got an initial reply from a mod, and sent a response, but it has remained unread in my sent box since November 10th.

I will continue to wait patiently for now...

trshtup

Appreciate the honest assessment.  For what it's worth, for those having difficulty, I've been with PM for about 3 months and they've been as good as Bell, my previous provider.  If you can hang in there you'll probably be happy in the long run that you did.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

This is indeed getting better now.

Thank you Shazia

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Brownton

I'm very sorry to hear about this, 

I don't find any message that you might have sent us, were you communicating via emails? 

Please send me a PM with the following info for each accounts: 

-Public Mobile SIM card #

-The phone # you are porting

-Account # with your old provider

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

@Brownton wrote:

Hi,

My wife and I signed up on November 18 (me) and November 20 (my wife) and the ports still have not been done.

My wife received an email on December 8th saying

"Please note that there is an issue on your account making the port-in fail. We have sent a ticket to the department in charge; it would take up to 2 business days to have the issue solved. I apologise for inconveniences and want to assure you that we'll do our best to give you the service you subscribed for.

Beside, I'm able to see that your husband's account is already active and the port was successful; a colleague was able to help him out.  "

I'm concerned because neither port has been done yet and this is the only communication we have received. We are still using and paying for our Bell plans in addition to PM.

Should I make my own thread about this? If so what information should I include?

@Shazia_K  if you are around today are you able to take a look at this.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Rockdaddy22
What's the issue you're having?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Is the queue still wrapped around the building a few times?  I have a few PMs from a while back that remain unanswered.  Another update on support is long overdue.

BlueTruck

Hi Brownton,

I think if you received a response to your email you might be best served to use that as your primary form of correspondence, rather than creating an additional forum thread or PM.

I tried a couple of methods to get my issue resolved - posting on another person's thread (with a mod tagged), and an email to customerservice@publicmobile.ca, initially sent on November 21. I bumped my email on November 30, and again on December 10 (this time I tweaked the email subject clarifying why I was writing). I received a response today and all problems solved.

Good luck, hopefully you receive a satisfactory resolution soon.

Brownton

Hi,

My wife and I signed up on November 18 (me) and November 20 (my wife) and the ports still have not been done.

My wife received an email on December 8th saying

"Please note that there is an issue on your account making the port-in fail. We have sent a ticket to the department in charge; it would take up to 2 business days to have the issue solved. I apologise for inconveniences and want to assure you that we'll do our best to give you the service you subscribed for.

Beside, I'm able to see that your husband's account is already active and the port was successful; a colleague was able to help him out.  "

I'm concerned because neither port has been done yet and this is the only communication we have received. We are still using and paying for our Bell plans in addition to PM.

Should I make my own thread about this? If so what information should I include?

I never trust the BBB ratings. Your rating can be bought!! I think there are other better avenues for checking out a business.

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Did you check the BBB before you joined PM, just curious.

@Rockdaddy22  I just looked at PM on BBB they are an A+!!!  There were some complaints but I think all but 1 were resolved

willph
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks @Shazia_K.  I await your pm.

Like I said, I am being patient.  My service works fine, just hoping that my referrals will not be lost.  I dont mind waiting until you guys are caught up on the more important issues.  but Just want to get a timeline.

But if can be fixed today, I'll be a happy camper 🙂

Thanks.

and thank you @Rockdaddy22

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @willph

I'm sorry for the delay in responding back to you as you might already know we are currently receiving a higher volume of requests than our usual.

I will look into this for you and reply right back, please keep an eye on your PMs. 

Thanks,

Shazia

Rockdaddy22
I would maybe send a new message to a mod

willph
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Dave_M

can you give us an update on your backlog of tickets situation?

I sent a PM to the mods on Nov 9th about my rewards situation.  (new signups cannot enter me as a referrer).  I understand that you guys are swamped and ports are taking priority, just want to figure out if I should re-sent the message?  May have gotten lost, or is the backlog still on-going?

I am hoping there is a way to capture all my referrals.  They also sent messages, but the initial problem is not fixed to begin with.  

Again, I am being patient, no rush, just want a quick update on backlog situation and what i should do.

-William

Rockdaddy22
Things have gotten a lot better around.

cotemat

@Rockdaddy22

I don't remember to be onest, but it is usually a good reference for any kind of buisiness. 

New customers will, it is important to give feedback of the experience, so that new customers will be aware of the potential issues

Need Help? Let's chat.