Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update on support

Dave_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello Community,

I want to give you an update on where we are at right now, since the last time I did so was last week. 

First, I want to start off by thanking you all for the continued patience and support you have demonstrated over the last two weeks. We realize many of you have had no service or incomplete service for days now and I apologize for this. I can assure you that our entire team is working tirelessly to get through the backlog as fast as possible and as effectively as possible.

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

Our system pools all Community posts, private messages to the MODS, and social media messages into one feed, and we are working through each of these in chronological order – first in, first out. This way we address the issues that have been going on the longest. Again, we appreciate your patience.

The high level of interest in our promotional plan also brought to light some fractures in our systems and opportunities to improve our support. We will be doing an in-depth review of lessons learned once we’re done going through customer support requests, but in the meantime, I wanted to share some of the most obvious opportunities we have identified:

• A ticketing system for customer support inquiries that acknowledges receipt of your issue, provides a ticket number upon receipt, lets you know where you are in queue and when you can expect to hear back from a moderator
  • A cleaner way to organize tickets by type of issue so we can better prioritize
  • Activating and porting simultaneously failed for a greater percentage of customers than we had seen before so a group of colleagues from our technology team are investigating quick fixes for these

Unfortunately, these lessons learned won’t be fixed overnight and won’t be implemented quick enough to improve support for those in the queue right now. But, you do have our commitment that we will focus on improving this process.

Finally, to help us manage our volume of requests, we have a couple of asks for our customers who were with us before the Fall promotion:

• If you future dated your plan to change to the Fall promotion and you see in Self Serve that the plan change failed, please give us 72 hours from your plan renewal date before you contact us. We’ve identified an issue that is delaying this change, but the change will happen.
  • If there is an inaccuracy in your rewards, we would ask you to please message us after December 5th to get those fixed. We will make sure you get all the rewards you are entitled to, but we want to make sure we are prioritizing customers with no service in the short term.

Once again, I want to thank you for your patience and for sticking with us through what has been a busy and challenging time. We are grateful to have you all in our Community and look forward to building a bright future together.

Sincerely,

Dave

305 REPLIES 305

Canis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
If u ported. Once the port is finished the old service is cancelled. The was ported. Check the phone I'd. If not changed Restart the cellphone phone.

I signed up . Got new number. Everything worked. Port failed waited over a week. Continuedusing old Rogers until it went dead. Plugged in PM SIM.
Still PM number . Restated cell. Alll is good.

Canis
If you got a message saying your telephone # was transferred. If u have the PM SIM installed or put it in.
Let it connect . Check the phone number is correct. If not do a Restart on the cellphone. The ported number should then have replaced the old number.

Android - settings - about - phone id

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
I recommend starting your own thread detailing the problems. Then send me the link via private message. We'll hopefully get this solved in the morning. @aalapati

aalapati

Hi @Dave_M,

@Mary_M tried to port 2(both my wife's and mine) of my numbers on 18th. As luck goes, port failed and both numbers are non operatipnal till date. I have sent few messages and have not heard back from her.

I understand, PM is doing everything customers. It has been 20 days and I have no access to my phone and text. I have been paying to 2 different providers and not have access to phone and text. A small brigh spot in this is I have got new numbers from PM during sign up process. but the problem is no one knows my new numbers hence they cannot reach us.

Initially, it used to take a week to get an email response. now this nearly 3 weeks and no response. If PM is not able to port my numbers, pleaes let me know. As a customer I can only have so much patience, Now I'm frustrated. I really appreciate any update from you.

Now, you are not accepting private messages. so, this is the only way to reach you PM.

Thank you in advance

Atchuta

aalapati

Hi Dave_M,

Mary_M tried to port 2(both my wife's and mine) of my numbers on 18th. As luck goes, port failed and both numbers are non operatipnal till date. I have sent few messages and have not heard back from her.

I understand, PM is doing everything customers. It has been 20 days and I have no access to my phone and text. I have been paying to 2 different providers and not have access to phone and text. A small brigh spot in this is I have got new numbers from PM during sign up process. but the problem is no one knows my new numbers hence they cannot reach us.

Initially, it used to take a week to get an email response. now this nearly 3 weeks and no response. If PM is not able to port my numbers, pleaes let me know. As a customer I can only have so much patience, Now I'm frustrated. I really appreciate any update from you.

Now, you are not accepting private messages. so, this is the only way to reach you PM.

Thank you in advance

Atchuta

@BlueTruck, I would think if you've taken the time to read all the various tips, and follow the recommendations, you should have no problems.

Saying this, make sure you have a backup in case something wrong happens.  Have another form of communication available, and if you need to, let your important contacts know what that backup is.

My best tip which helped me on my second activation was use the temporary number to get all services activated d confirmed working.  Only when it's confirmed, would I suggest trying to change phone number via self serve --> change number, port.

i hope your sign up goes well for you, and welcome to the PM community.

Rockdaddy22
Also, did your payment end up going through? Did you pick a plan?

Rockdaddy22
Good morning Shaz 🙂
It's the weirdest thing starting work at 11pm and having everyone saying good morning to each other lol

Rockdaddy22
Try to send it to her immediately
Old account number
Phone number that you wanted to port
Sim number
Full name

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @Rockdaddy22 Smiley LOL

@HNGUYEN

I'm sorry for the long wait, can you send me a private message with the account info? I can't seem to find any message from you anywhere 😞

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@HNGUYEN we'll need to get a mod to help you. @Shazia_K if you're still around today, could you help our friend get service.

HNGUYEN
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I have sent my support request #1913-1109 as of Nov 20th... I tried to get the Fall promo but the website just keep erroring on me and even cutting me out. I managed to fill out all the way to payment but once submitted I got errored out of the site(stating website is down). I have received no text or anything stating my activation code to my cell to create my account so I came to a conclusion that I'd send out a support request and wait since my cell was still working. I've had my phone number (with Fido) working still since then. But as of 2 days ago... I have been cut off. No service or anything I though my phone was broken. I called Fido to verify that I wasnt going crazy and they said My number has been ported over to another provider. Can someone explain to me what the hell I can do. Im assuming that my application went through at this point but I cant even create an account.

Thanks in advance,

BlueTruck

I piggybacked onto others' threads before sending an email on the 21st to customerservice@publicmobile.ca to get my issues sorted out (minor - my port-in was successful w/no issues). I'd be interested in knowing where they are in the queue - as the 20th was likely the busiest day.

Any advice as to whether I should keep waiting, or start my own thread?

@Michael6 be very curious what Freedom says next since most people seem to have come from that side.

Could be a very aggressive boxing day promo Cat Wink

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Same here..

If the rumors of over 100000 sign-ups is true, that wouldn't be that bad.

Judging from how much fewer problem threads are being started + lack of updates (starting to get boring on community again Cat LOL ) it seems like the issues are becoming fewer

Be curious how close to caught up they are now

Rockdaddy22
Very interesting. I know they share a computer system. That's why it can be a hassle porting from Koodo.

Interesting bit of trivia

It seems like Public does not have their own executive office

Koodo executive handles their complaints

Just surprised me, I would have expected Telus to be in charge

Rockdaddy22
@heybobby I always recommend people start their own threads.

Michael6
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
For those hoping to get news back on current delays, I sent a private message on November 21 and had a ticket opened today.

So still quite a backlog but hopefully everyone gets their problems resolved soon.

pssst

Thanks for the update!

heybobby

@Dave_M wrote:

To manage your expectations, you should know that our current average time to first response is 12 days. That means that as I write this, we are answering customer messages that were submitted on Friday, Nov 19th, 2016.

At the onset of the issues, we were asked to not start new threads but rather send PMs to the mods. As such, I sent my first PM on Nov 13th to Caroline_D, a follow-up PM to Shazia_K on Nov 16th. As of Dave_M's post, my issue has not been addressed. I apprecaite the update @Dave_M, but clearly your method of tracking is not accurate if you believe you are caught up to Nov 19th tickets. 

As of Dec 5th I sent another PM to Shazia_K, as clearly my original tickets are lost. Let's see how long this takes to resolve now. 

homer
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good to know that "our current average time to first response is 12 days"...

This explains why some customers were frustrated... 

Keep up the hard work PM! 

Eli

I dont understand how a provider can continue to take peoplesmoney and NOT provide a service ,NOT get a reply back for 12DAYS?   And  Im out $70.00 and still not phone ....  Public needs to go back to the way they were before  the SELLOUT to TELUS ...

So what , in the meantime I have to go pickup service with another phone from Virgin?

This is pathetic...   WTFis "AS IS" service anyway???

bluerage

Seeing that they're still back logged I'd wait so a) it doesn't create more of a back log b) doesn't get dismissed as there are higher priority issues they need to deal with.

I'm in the same boat and since it won't be another 80ish days before I renew it's not that important to resolve ATM.

p2kart

Missing Referals, it says to message after December 5th, so that they can sort out all the porting issues first which is ok I agree missing referals is low priority.

My question is if I have already messaged a mod about it do i have to do it again? The time the message was posted, they said they were working on messages sent on the 19th. I sent mine on the 21st and have yet to hear back.

I dont want to back log them with duplicate requests.

andrew123

Guys this really isn't good enough, I have been waiting for 3 weeks for any sort of response now. And 1-2 weeks with other accounts I help family with. 

After you finally catch up on support requests, you will need to provide multiple months free to compensate, and to have any hope of recovering the rather large amount of goodwill you had before this debacle.

I have submitted a complaint to the CRTC, whatever good that will do. 

Rockdaddy22
Have you created a thread about your issues? What do you mean your number changed on its own.

bigtone7676
hi dave and shaz,since no one is replying to me,thought i'd give you my two cents,first off...last my number changes on its own.then the 6 gn plan don't change to 12 gb plan.then i was supposed to receive 9$ in loyalty rewards(got 6$)have emails to prove .been here over three years,can't believe you let long standing customers sit out in the cold or new fir that matter.please rectify this situation !

jolly1202

I am getting frusted for not being able to use my phone. I joimned PM last week. I tried to port my old number. I made a mistake in entring my old account number to port my old number. i sent at lease two emails to Contcat Us but got no reply. My service so far uis usless. Please somebody help.

Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.