cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHAT IS THIS BS???

krazy89
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was in the process of filling out all the porting number forms over... but never finalized it... never picked a plan... and just quit the process...

now this morning... my number is dead... i don't have an account with PM... wtf?

i need someone from PM to contact me right away....

this is some major malpractice...

47 REPLIES 47

krazy89

i'm not sure how the inner workings are for porting numbers....

but there needs to be a process where this kind of thing doesn't happen...

it's like me walking in a rogers store... give them my info to port over... and with finalizing anything... i walk out...

are they going to send the port request anyways?  it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense...

they need their system to hold the port request information... until an account is setup and a plan is chosen and attached to a PM account before they submit the port request

that sounds pretty logical no?

That's the problem (I think).  The because the new subscriber wants to port their number, the number must be transferred, and then the plan activation is next, otherwise, use the default number PM provides, and once everything is confirmed working, do the port from within self service.

This *has* to be the reason why other carriers do all the work for you.  They know the hiccups of data mistakes, they know to use a temp number first to increase the chance of a successful number port.

Ideally, remove the port-in option from the activation process.  Make the temp number manditory. 

Once services are confirmed working, port in number from previous carrier.

krazy89

seriously tho...

the steps are pretty logical... just the problem is ... every step needs to be filled in correctly... then a final summary screen before finalizing the order is what is needed...

how can they process the port request before the whole process is confirmed?

that part needs to be changed.... OR  put a disclaimer on the port number form stating that once you click next... the request is sent...  that will at least let the user know...

Honestly, reading this makes me think it is why all other service providers do the port after they sign you up on a temp number, and making sure the service is active.

Only Public Mobile lets you port your number during activation, and although members and mods recommend activating a temp number first, maybe it is time to remove the porting option from the activation process.

I also don't konw why someone would buy a sim card, start an activation with a port-in, and then say the heck with it.... you were that close to finishing, and getting a super deal!

krazy89

well.. Rogers has done nothing wrong...

they processed a port request... that is what they are required to do...

as for losing my Plan... not really Rogers fault as it does make sense that they can't leave every single plan on file... otherwise... anyone that works for Rogers can put people on super old plans...

so i really have no gripe with Rogers...

It's PM that really screwed things up...  how can they use a system that doesn't have a finalized summary with a confirm in order to put the order through??!!?  how does that even make sense?

i've sent private messages to like 5 MODS.... haven't heard anythign back.... no response on this thread...

outdoorsaddix
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yea, in your case you probably should. But you should also be escalating with Rogers and probably filing a complaint against them, this could be equally their fault and you need to fight them to reinstate your plan and not have you bear the cost of a new SIM. Public, when they get in touch with you can't do anything about that. 

Think about it, anyone who grabed your statement out of the trash has the neccessary information to attempt to port your number away from you. I would play that angle with them. 

krazy89

i have contacted Rogers...

and they said they can try to port the number back in...

but i need to go to a Rogers store and buy a new sim card....  and my favorite... the cherry on top of this pie... i won't be able to get my old plan back because it's no longer in their system...

so not only has PM left me with no service.... they actually destroyed my plan from Rogers...

and the very top cherry on top.... still no contact whatsoever from mods for over 2 weeks now...

I'm going to have to file a formal complaint with CRTC... this level of incompetence is really not acceptable.

outdoorsaddix

Have you been in contact with your current provider? I don't see any mention of it in your posts. This sounds like it could be somthing that is equally wrong with their end (ie. they received a port authorization inquiry and the port never happened, but they then accidently closed your account?) 

If you haven't allready you need to contact them, they should A) be able to reisinstate your service, with a temp number if neccessary and B) start the process of pulling the number back over or at least specifically tell you what you need to get from PM

krazy89

pfft.... solution...

i'll friggin be happy if anyone from PM even contacts me... or acknowledges something....

i don't believe i ever thought about switching over....

Nowaja

Please let me know if you get some solution, I'm exactly in the same situation. Thanks.

krazy89

as for Mod's contacting me.... i'm not going to hold my breath...

i've PM'd Jeremy like 2 weeks ago.... still nothing...

i just sent Shazia_k a PM... started this thread.... hopefully i can get some help... cuz i'm without a mobile phone now....

krazy89

yup... i completed the port form then thought about it... and thought that maybe i don't want to switch to a carrier that had no way of contacting by phone for service...

so just just closed the browser.. thinking... no way this will do anything since EVERY site has a final summary screen and confirm purchase

why the hell would you port a number over for someone that hasn't finalized their order?!?!?!

ajanda

I think @Shazia_K is online right now. Hopefully one of the mods can provide some help with this major issue.

rkreddyb4u

Ohh - How did this happen? did you close the browser session after portin step-2 in the activation ?

What I think is the below would have happen

At step-2 of the activation you agreed to portin your number and the portin was successfull

However you did not proceed to next steps and complete the activation

I hope mods can help to activate with the your number as long as it is not claimed by any other furhter new activations 

krazy89

seriously... that's the question???

how can the system port a number over without the user finalizing his plan... and activating his account

i don't even have a PM account...

porting the number over was the first step...  i changed my mind so i never went through after filling in the porting number part...

no confirmation screen to finalize everything ... like every other site does before they process anything...

UDP7

LOL. how did you not a pick a plan first?

Nowaja

Exactly the same situation happened to me.

Need Help? Let's chat.