Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

sunflowergarden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just managed to get into my second line.

Happy to report it just all worked. Saw the text, sent the "yes" message back.

Got a reply instantly that it had been credited.

Logged in and it's right there.

It is possible to have it all work.

Just a shame my personal account was so hard and such a problem to fix..

😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@megancms : If you still haven't received it by the 15th then you could ask. There's no one to call though.

Hi @megancms   No worry.  It will come  before Dec 15

and Yes, after replying YES, it might take couple days for the bonus to load onto your account.  

megancms
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello!

I haven't received the text message. My partner and I are both on the $25 plan (on separate accounts) and he received the text a few days ago, replied YES and now has the rewards.

I still haven't received the offer and haven't blocked the public mobile number or opted out of their texts. I received it last year with no problem. What do I do?

Thanks!

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@xfx12 wrote:

No, when you stop and think about it, something else comes to mind: it was supposed to be instantly applied, and it wasn't.  If you phone customer support, they could fix it instantly, but we don't have that option.  Instead, we have to wait hours for the people who read our help message to fix the issue.

I agree that in the text message someone blundered and used the word instantly rather than automatically like it says in the announcement .  Do you really need the gifts immediately ? In this particular situation I don't understand the impatience ! If your service has been cut off or any one of a number of other glitches had arisen then I could understand the the wish  for a phone call that would have a significant chance of dealing with the issue faster than the online CSR responses.... but this is a gift with several disclaimers in the main announcement that indicate you need to be patient and giving the impression  it is not necessarily immediate  . 

So it's one word that is in error ... have you never been misled by a telecom company before ... you have been EXTREMELY fortunate . 

@endrew_delgado 

After Dec 15 you can contact the Customer Service Agents here through the Community and they will set you up. Your account and service may need to be active to receive the gifts though.

AE_Collector

endrew_delgado

Hi I would like to participate in this event however I am currently out of the country and will only be returning after the new year. 

Would it be possible to sign up online?

Thanks

Joycelyn

Hi!

I received the free minutes but I have received the 2GB, is there a delay to this gift?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @J_PM . I was musing whether it is the 300 minute set of countries compounded with whether added manually by request or by the automatic method.

sunflowergarden
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have to say this, but what a total cluster disaster of a promo this seems to be.

Text replies from customer's, some get the promo added some don't.

Some get confirmation texts of processing of the offer back, some don't.

Some don't or have not got the text yet.

Long distance minutes for some don't seem to be working.

Mass confusion, CSR's giving contradictory promo information to customers.

Boy oh boy..

I love the free gifts don't get me wrong, but at the same time how about automatically upgrading the customers on current in market plans to match the recent "BlackFriday" promo offers with bonus GB's added for perpetually.

We really should not have to loose our built up loyalty credits over having to sign up again to a new plan to access the bonus reoccurring monthly promo data bonuses. That or just improve the base plan GB to be more compelling and market competitive. Or hey how about a overall 4G network upgrade to speed.

Ok enough of my Santa's 🎅 wish list.

Happy holidays everyone 🎄☃️

@LiLan wrote:

Great, but how would you know which customers are having problems with making international calls using the bonus LD?

@LiLan 

Public mobile technical teams are looking at the issue.  Not sure whether systemic issue or just isolated.  

LiLan

Great, but how would you know which customers are having problems with making international calls using the bonus LD?

@Anonymous 

The offer is indeed 500 as stated. We're looking into customers having troubles using their LD add-on. I'll return with an update shortly. 

Thanks, 

Jade 

Tahiti
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@softech Thank u very much!

@Tahiti   Only the one who refer friend get the extra referral bonus ON TOP of the $1/month.

the $30 extra will be broken down to $5 for 6 months starts in Jan 2021

the one who got referred (newly joined) will only get the usual $10 bonus

hope this helps

Tahiti

Sorry, I tried but cannot go through 132 pages of conversion to find answer to my question:

"Customer" (= referrer =me) will receive $5x6=$30 referral bonus.  How about new customer referred to PM?  $10 or one-time $30 or $5x6=$30?

Thanks in advance!

@keizerdan Texts are still being sent out 

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 

If after the 15th if you have received it to submit a ticket to a CSA.

chch518

AWESOME

keizerdan

Another family member received their text Dec. 5 but I had things off and didn't get one. Have I missed out? Thanks.

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Time to make a bot that repeats the same answers every hour LOL.

"Read the OP."

"If you haven't received the text yet, wait for the text from Dec. 1-15, reply YES when you get it, enjoy the 2 bonus packs."

"If you don't receive the texts by Dec. 16, contact customer support via SIMon."

"If you replied YES to the texts & still haven't received the 2 bonuses, reply YES again."

"If you deleted the text from PM, send YES to 4911."

"If you still haven't received the 2 bonuses after replying YES at least twice by Dec. 16, contact customer support via SIMon."

"If none of the above works, keep posting the same posts saying "It doesn't work" on this thread in the community; you'll probably get a buck or 2 off come January for community rewards." 😉

"If worst comes to worst, just scream & shout - maybe your neighbours will hear you & you can get them to switch to PM so you collect more referral rewards." 😉

If only people took the time to read... but that would be a lot of effort...

In fact, they still might not get it because they will not take the time to read your summary!

😜

@Carlm1 

As the original post explained. The international LD freebie includes Canada and USA. While a purchased international LD add on will NOT. So if you are on $15 plan with no Canada Wide add on.....once your 100 minutes are consumed it will move on to this add on. You will receive a text from PM when you have only 10 minutes left of your 100. There will be no disturbance to your call when you move over to the add on....but you may hear an alert of the warning text. When your new cycle starts you will go back to your newly assigned 100 minutes. The add on lasts until fully consumed. 

E53304F8-140B-43D9-B8F4-8123C180C199.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlm1 : If you're on a limited minute plan and you use up your plan minutes then...yes.

Carlm1

Can the More is merrier free international minutes be used for local calling?

@aip0401 wrote:

I got the text, but the holiday bonuses didn’t seem to get applied when I replied back with YES. Does anybody know what I can do?

Third repost....  @aip0401 

CountyDownIeUk_0-1639028042466.gif

I have 3 accounts. 

2 I received text, answered YES, no freebies, just answered YES again. 

1 no text, SIM is in ZTE box, took a chance today, put SIM in phone, texted YES to 4911

🎉🎄ALL 3 ACCOUNTS NOW HAVE THE  2 FREE ADD ONS. 🎄🎉

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Time to make a bot that repeats the same answers every hour LOL.

"Read the OP."

"If you haven't received the text yet, wait for the text from Dec. 1-15, reply YES when you get it, enjoy the 2 bonus packs."

"If you don't receive the texts by Dec. 16, contact customer support via SIMon."

"If you replied YES to the texts & still haven't received the 2 bonuses, reply YES again."

"If you deleted the text from PM, send YES to 4911."

"If you still haven't received the 2 bonuses after replying YES at least twice by Dec. 16, contact customer support via SIMon."

"If none of the above works, keep posting the same posts saying "It doesn't work" on this thread in the community; you'll probably get a buck or 2 off come January for community rewards." 😉

"If worst comes to worst, just scream & shout - maybe your neighbours will hear you & you can get them to switch to PM so you collect more referral rewards." 😉

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@aip0401 wrote:

I got the text, but the holiday bonuses didn’t seem to get applied when I replied back with YES. Does anybody know what I can do?

Just wait. You should get the promos into your account within a few days.

@aip0401 wrote:

How long ago did you do the YES reply?

aip0401

@dawna 

At least you now know that you are still expecting to see a text. 

I received the text, replied, and waited for days and no update text and account not given the freebies. 

Today Dec 8 2021 it looked like a fix was in place so I answered for the second time and received the text and my account was updated immediately. 

Obviously the process was originally programmed incorrectly. And there must NOW be triggers in it that knows you received the text and the "YES" WILL trigger the update to your account. But they must also have a save guard built in to only accept ONE YES (after the invite). And another safe guard to do nothing except an error message if you reply with YES and you have not received the official  invite to apply for them. So for some of us that answered YES and were in limbo the SECOND YES worked!!

EDIT...if you are sure you had the text.....you can initiate a text to 4911 with YES. You should get an immediate approval text. 

And perhaps they will only use 4911 for freebies?? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dawna : Then you're not yet eligible. You would need to have already received that text be able to reply to it.

It might be that something will happen on another front shortly or you can wait until after the 15th to ask about it if you still hadn't got it.

Need Help? Let's chat.