Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@nmora wrote:

Hello!

How can I claim and use my gifts if I am not in Canada and the US until early January?

The Public SIM is not active outside of these two countries. Hence, I cannot receive sms while away.

last year, no sms was needed and I could simply add the gifts by using my account and add-ons.

Any other options? Many thanks!

nmora

@nmora  - yeah I agree with @hairbag1 . If I was in your situation I would request these added as an exception to your account by CSA's (contact as hairbag1 provided).

EDIT - removed CSA contact methods.

@sunflowergarden 

So you still had the issue after they fixed it yesterday?

@dabr 

I recieved the offer text a little while ago on the account I reactivated on December 5th. But did not get the confirmation reply as of yet.

Screenshot_20211209-122949.pngScreenshot_20211209-123101.png

@nmora wrote:

Hello!

How can I claim and use my gifts if I am not in Canada and the US until early January?

The Public SIM is not active outside of these two countries. Hence, I cannot receive sms while away.

last year, no sms was needed and I could simply add the gifts by using my account and add-ons.

nmora

If you ask the CSA to look into it, they may apply them to your account as long as you have an active PM account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

nmora
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

nmora

sunflowergarden

@darlicious 

Yes I had to contact customer support to fix the $40.00 plan. Yes it was from the start of the promo as soon as I got the text and replied. No confirmation text, no gifts added instantly and yes was sent to 4911 multiple times over many hours and days.

There were no problems with the $10.00 plan.

For context I'm in Ontario. So not just a Western Canada problem.

@hgervais453 wrote:

my wife and i have accepted by saying yes . but still waiting for xmas 🎄 bonus . ÙDenise is x  henri x

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

Please allow a few days after replying YES. It took 6 days for mine to show up in my account. She'll get a confirmation text...then it'll be in her account.

@hgervais453    Please use the 3 dots top right of your post and then edit/delete your phone numbers from your post as this is an open public forum.

You can retry texting YES again to the 4911 number.

Edit:  I'll also tag @Dunkman to remove your personal information.  Or any other oracles available?

hgervais453

my wife and i have accepted by saying yes . but still waiting for xmas 🎄 bonus .

Edit by Dunkman: removed personal information

@CandD2685 

Thank you for sharing on the Community. The issue regarding LD offer is now resolved. 

Jade

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

@LiLan 

Thank you for sharing your experience in Community. The issue regarding LD offer is now resolved. 

Jade 

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Both there now . 👍

@darlicious  ..it seems both holes are smaller at least  ...

@softech 

I hope not....but that would mean eventually a decade or two from now I might need an add on and I would finally be able to spend my ever-growing credit!

@darlicious   I just worry there are too much troubles this year and we see the last "More is Merrier" ever.. Enjoy all the bonus we have ..  might be long winterS  ahead!!!

@barndoor 

There have been a couple of mentions of this....plugging one hole has just created another!

@J_PM 

Do we have a brand new glitch here? Maybe next time pm buys a life raft they should pony up a little more $$ and get the one with a lifetime warranty rather than the limited 5 year warranty. Saving a little up front usually costs much more in end!😁

@sunflowergarden 

This disaster you speak of getting the holiday gifts added to your $40 account is stemming from the start of the promotion and its troublesome roll out that had a glitch that affected mostly western Canada customers and then carried thru yesterday when the fix finally materialized and you still didn't get a confirmation text and the gifts added instantly after replying YES again to 4911? You then had to contact customer support for them to be added to your account?

@barndoor wrote:

In  Southern  Ontario  ...got text replied  YES ... received confirmation  shortly ... went and checked  and LD minutes were there , data was not  ... I assume it will  be along sometime .  

Thanks PM . 

that is new..LD there and Data not..   So, still not a perfect day so far

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

In  Southern  Ontario  ...got text, replied  YES ... received confirmation  shortly ... went and checked  and LD minutes were there , data was not  ... I assume it will  be along sometime .  

Thanks PM . 

@jwaal 

Good to hear that part of the promotion is working as stated....new activations will have the holiday gifts automatically added to their accounts within 7 days. No further action needs to be taken by a new customer.

jwaal

@Dinsdalej wrote:

Hello none of my accounts have received the text yet. I know we still have time. My question is I still have some of last years holiday offer on one of my cells will that prevent me from getting this years?

I sent the text "YES" to 4911 on Monday as an experiment even though I hadn't received the offer. I didn't receive any sort of reply when I sent my text. The holiday bonuses were nonetheless added this morning to my account (new 25$ account).

Edit: I opened my account in November.

@LiLan 

Pm wouldn't know each specific customer with the issue. Depending on the nature of the glitch it could be fixed "system wide" so all affected customers could get it fixed automatically and/or with a simple instruction like rebooting your phone. If the glitch is account specific then pm might update this thread or make a new announcement for affected customers to contact customer support to have a CSA to apply the fix to individual accounts.

@J_PM 

Thank you for acknowledging this new possible glitch with some customers being unable to use the holiday gift international minutes add on. Unfortunately since most of us regulars still have previous "More is Merrier" international calling add on gifts we cant test/troubleshoot the issue.

Looking forward to the fix....

@ddlucaciu wrote:

YES

Public Mobile will send you a text to let you know when to reply YES. Watch for a text from 4911 or 611. That's when you'll reply YES on the cell phone...not here in Community Forum. We're just PM network subscribers...just like you.

You might get that text anytime between now and Dec 15th...THEN you'll reply YES.

@Dinsdalej wrote:

Hello none of my accounts have received the text yet. I know we still have time. My question is I still have some of last years holiday offer on one of my cells will that prevent me from getting this years?

Nope. I still have freebies from last years and also got the More is Merrier SMS text last Thursday am. The freebies were just applied yesterday....so it's a slow process this season indeed.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dinsdalej: No.

Dinsdalej

ddlucaciu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

YES

sunflowergarden

No problem accessing my account for either lines.

My main line $40.00 was a disaster to get sorted. Got the text replied yes, but got no confirmation text back and no bonus posted. Had to finally contact PM customer service, after two messages back and forth they fixed it..

My second line $10.00 old grandfathered line. Got the text last Saturday. I just got access to the phone today as mum uses it. Sent a yes reply to the text and everything just worked. Instant text back. Logged in and all good.

It's just the randomness of it all 😢

They got their gifts finally and are happy so no ticket is / was necessary.   lol

Darkurio

I along with friends / family were in the boat where we got the text message pretty early on, replied, but got no response and nothing showed up in SelfServe. Replying multiple times and checking online every day, nothing changed until today.

It looks like CS are starting to manually add bonuses for cases like this as I checked this morning on mine and family accounts and all the bonuses are now there!

@sunflowergarden   You meant access to My Account for your primary account with issue?  you have opened a ticket with PM already ?  Was it they haven't get back to you yet or they are working on it but still with issues?

Need Help? Let's chat.