Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@JingXu wrote:

The regular SMS works just fine, just can't reply to PM's text. Last year, there was no need to do the reply thing. The free gift was automatically added to my account. Why it is different this year?

@JingXu   Last year Holiday bonus wasn't automatic.  You have to login to My Account and "Purchase" the $0 add-ons  🙂

This year, they are trying something new but caused more confusion

Try to reply tomorrow.  You have until Dec 31.  There is no rush to claim the bonus

Brwilson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Are you a service rep? Are you capable of correcting my account?

If not, why are you even commenting?

JingXu

Did you what you said, turned on the data and replied, still not working. 😞

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@JingXu wrote:

what is CSA? I am new to PM. Thanks.

Customer Service Agent.

To contact them you have to open a ticket. If you need guidance how to open a ticket, let me know or do simple search in forum.

They are Customer Support Agents, @JingXu 

They are employed with Public Mobile to perform online assistance with account matters.

JingXu

what is CSA? I am new to PM. Thanks.

@JingXu 

For the heck of it, try turning on Mobile Data, then try replying again.

@rossputin   The only confirmation would be when bonus is applied onto your account.  So,  likely the bonus are not there, yet. Did you login to My Account and confirm?

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So what part of sending "YES" did I do wrong.  Is my spelling correct?

Should I not at least get a confirmation response?

Screenshot_20211207-153508.png

JingXu

The regular SMS works just fine, just can't reply to PM's text. Last year, there was no need to do the reply thing. The free gift was automatically added to my account. Why it is different this year?

rossputin

Has the delete option been removed?

@Anonymous wrote:

@@

You did not understand question... Jing cannot reply YES to SMS. SMS is not sent...

Posting generic answer covering ALL possible situations does not help other people...

JingXu

I rebooted, still not working. 😞

Check if regular SMS sending works.

Try to reply YES next day.

If everything fails, contact CSA. As per Jade, if gifts do not work properly, CSA will add them manually. No need to worry!

At least you got your gift SMS. I did not... As they do that in batches I will get min last day, most likely!!! Nail biting continues!

@JingXu   you rebooted already? can you send text to friends without issue?

Maybe wait till tomorrow.  

JingXu

I can send text messages to my friends but just can't reply to PM's messages. So wierd. 

JingXu_0-1638919812135.jpeg

JingXu

JingXu_0-1638919737197.jpeg

@dabr 

Are you activating or reactivating? My concern stems from the announcement stating you will recieve the offer text between December 1st and 15th.

@softech @walker1 

I pushed it last year activating on New Years eve stacking promos with the London Drugs offer and then having trouble logging in because it would recognize my password or email! I recieved a password reset from a CSA with about 5 minutes to spare to "purchase" the holiday gifts!

Hi @JingXu,   Try to reboot your phone once and try again.

If still fails, try to send a regular text to a friend and see if it works

Worst case, you are in no rush to reply, you have till Dec 31.  So, you can try again tomorrow.  The server are obviously overloaded with all these replies  🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JingXu 

somtime is take 1 to 3 days to you will see in your account, and keep one more time Reply YES

for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

for more info visit here link,

by public mobile manager say

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

Re: More is Merrier is back! Community (publicmobile.ca)

for now you have to be patience if don't receive until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck..

JingXu

Hi - I was so happy to receive a message of "2G free data and 500 international minutes" sent by 4911 last Friday, and I immediately typed "YES" and hit the send button. However, the reply failed to send. It says "Not sent, tap to try again". I tried at least four times, but none of the "YES" replies was successfully sent. I don't have any issue sending and receiving text messages to my husband's cell phone. Don't know why I was NOT able to reply to the text message from PM? Please help me, I really don't want to lose such a great GIFT. 

Sure, leave it to the last minute.. If you're feeling lucky.   I wouldn't.   lol 

Zyl

@PubQuestion wrote:

Hey, I replied “YES” after I received the holiday gift message but didn’t get the confirmation that it’s added to my account like my partner. A day later I replied with “Yes” still no confirmation back from public mobile.

Anyone experiencing the same situation and how should I get the gift?

Thanks!

You won't get a reply until the add-on is added to your account.  It might not be spontaneous.  Sometimes it might take a few days as I have heard as there are many add-on's to be added to accounts and the server is getting overwhelmed a bit.   

@darlicious   I guess you can push it a bit...reactivate on the Dec 28.. wait a day.. and send PM ticket on Dec 29 if you don't receive anything still

@Jeanne22 

If you are looking for the promocode 2GBBONUS for activations $35+ that gives customers 2gb of bonus recurring plan data for as long as you dont change your rate plan then use the link in the middle of @Anonymous 's post to register your email and recieve the promocode in an email. Use the same email to activate your account.

If you are looking for the holiday gift promotion the links have already been supplied above.

@darlicious    You don't need to activate your other account in order to receive the text and respond back, but I'm assuming it will need to be active in order to get the gifts added.  I'm waiting to see if they get added before then however, as I will be activating that account anyways, around the 19th of this month. 

@Jb456 

I'm with you on this one.....before I could stagger account reactivations to the beginning and the end of the month and load the holiday gifts. Now I'm playing with fire trying to decide when to reactivate my data account in order to recieve the text.

@dabr 

The August 19th 2019 automatically added 1GB bonus add on stipulated that you had to have an active account on that date. Since there was no warning about the thank you gift if you were unlucky enough to not have an active account on that date you were plain out of luck.

This could of been much easier....send a text and an email about the offer and how to redeem it. If you can't log into your account to "purchase" the $0 holiday gifts then contact customer support.

Keep it simple stupid.....pm not anyone here!! Lol.....

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@J_PM wrote:

Not to worry. You will receive another SMS, with the same holiday offer. Be sure to respond "YES" next time. 

Thanks, 

Jade

Thank you.  Short term pain for the long term gain.  If PM gets this process working, it will be better for the future free add-ons from PM.  Yes.  I am looking forward for the next "More is Merrier" promo... LOL.

@Jb456 wrote:

Should have left it as it was. Sign into account and claim gifts manually. It worked!!. 

But noooo PM tries to get all fancy and now look🤣🤣

But I recall that virtually crashing the web site for several days as everyone anxiously logged in to claim the gifts. Even new activations were stuck in the middle of the web site problems.

AE_Collector

@Jeanne22   this is the current promotion offer

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/holiday

and if you are current user, you can refer your friend to take advantage of the $30 extra friend referral bonus

Need Help? Let's chat.