Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

Lehaha
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It’s happened to lots of people so far I know, so just wait till 15th Dec, if still didn’t got it, contact with agents 

I even did not get text message yet LoL 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Glad to hear that it also includes existing customers, unlike other providers that seem to only target prospective new customers and the heck with the ones they already have.

Thank you PM.

Interesting... I just got the text as well. Replied "YES" but no confirmation (Yet). Also normally when I send a text, even to shortcodes, I can see a "delivered" status - I did not see it here. Bonuses not yet on my account either.

Also interestingly, there's no trace of the incoming or outgoing texts to/from 4911 in my selfserve usage log. I tested texting my BMO notifications shortcode, and both directions of that showed up in the usage log...

Curious if anyone else who recieved a 4911 text see's evidence of it in their selfservice usage log.

Also, back of my mind wonders if my number having been ported in (albeit 2 years ago) may be a factor... or maybe their server is just overloaded...

Citizen_G_34
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Existing customer.

Just got the text and bonus was added instantly on both my lines!

Thanks PM!

Merry Christmas!

drs62

....Existing customer here...just got the text and bonus was added instantly...

some people are getting it much quicker than others

@reidt 

We're 48 pages into this topic, where you should see "Yes" others are experiencing the same. Have patience until after at least December 15th...

reidt

Replied "YES" last Thursday when I received the text.    I am an existing customer and have not seen either gift added to my account yet.    Does it take a while?  I read for new customers it may take up to a week but my text said it would be immediate for me, being a an existing client.     

Anyone else experiencing the same??   Just want to make sure PM is aware.   

Meow
Mayor / Maire

$1 off for each referral will stay forever on your account until Public Mobile (PM) does not change or remove that perk.

Any promo ($5) will last as long as per promo offer.

JuniorJunior

I'm requesting Pub Mobile to re-design this kind of campaign so as to make it more secure for people receiving such kinds of messages.  This 'Holiday rewards...' text message could very well be a very malicious spam - and asking people to click on the "Yes" - is exactly how people's phone/device can get malicious codes downloaded/installed.  

One way to make it a bit more secure, is to require people to log into their account and activate the 'Rewards' or get some unique individualized code to claim the rewards...    

Please help Pub Mobile users feel PM is always safe to use!    Thanks

dmehandi

yeah

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cokana : You will continue with the $1. The $5 will deposit as a credit. The $1 will do its normal thing as a reward at renewal. It will be a total of $6 for those 6 months.

At least that's how I understand it.

Edit: speedy up there. Me with my one thumb typing on mobile.

Cokana
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

That’s awesome! 
thank you so much for the quick feedback too!

@Cokana 

You will immediately get the $1 showing on your self-serve referrals. Then an additional $5/mo for 6 month - so $6 per month for 6 months total I would think.... But we won't know for sure until January according to the terms.

The $1/mo will stay as long as your referral stays a customer for sure though.

I was lucky to close a referral that was in the wings for many months on December 1, so I am happy they chose now to do it, and will see how this bonus plays out.

Cokana

I have a question for the referral bonus. 
once the 6 months is up and we no longer get 5$ off for referring a friend. Does it go back to 1$ off a month for a friend referral or we just don’t get anything off anymore? 
thanks.

jerjon

friday

before voucher payment system stopped working

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaD 

If you have not received the text by Dec 15, contact Customer support to have the bonus added to your account.

@VictorTO 

If you still have not recieved your holiday gifts by mid month you can contact customer support to have the holiday gifts added to your account.

@Shelly4 

After December 15th and before December 31st as long as you have an active account you can contact customer support and have a CSA add the holiday gifts to your account.

A post from one of the PM employees

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

If you still didn't get the text then  in mid-December then contact a CSA by submitting a ticket.

nhawk

Ok, thank you

Shelly4

I am out of the country during this time and don’t have access to my messages and cannot reply with the ‘yes’.   How can I take advantage of the holiday give aways? 

DonnaD

Thank you for that information.  I worry because I may have gotten it and deleted it mistakenly.  I will however, wait until the 15th and hopefully I will get it.

@nhawk wrote:

I didn't  get a text to say yes too

@nhawk 

Be patient.  PM has not send the texts to everyone yet.  Officially, by December 15, the texts should be sent.  

@nhawk wrote:

Not everyone has received fhe text message. As per the firsf message in this thead, this will be done by December 15th.

@VictorTO 

It may take 24 hours for bonuses to appear on account.

@VictorTO 

Looks like a potential glitch with the Holiday give-away promo.  I have similar problem with all three of my lines.  

Some customers have received the text, but when they texted back YES, the promos have not been added instantly.  Public mobile is aware of this potential issues also.  Just be patient and hopefully, you will receive soon.  If not by December 15, contact customer service agent.  

nhawk

VictorTO

I have received the text message about Holiday Rewards and replied YES. I checked my account and did not see them. How do I claim Holiday Rewards?

TIA

@DonnaD 

Not all customers have received the text yet.  Several customers have received though.  Be patient and you should receive the text by December 15.  

There is a potential glitch even if you receive the text.  Some customers have received the text, but when they texted back YES, the promos have not been added instantly.  Public mobile is aware of this potential issues also.

DonnaD

I received an email saying I should receive a text between December 1-15 regarding 2gb free data until end of December.  Has anyone received this   I just wonder if I had missed the text or if I should wait until the 15th.  Any comments would be appreciated.

Need Help? Let's chat.