Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,085 REPLIES 2,085

@z10user4 wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk: We all like a good ol' DIY solution but they all cost money in this case.

It you are in a precarious position of not having your SIM available or be in Canada then if there is a no cost way to achieve receiving More the Merrier then by means, do so. I was only suggesting other ways that you could do yourself. It really seems to me that are very tight with money😀, similar to a Virgo. ️ And nothing wrong with that. And my options still showed a gain....but not the full gain😀.  Perhaps there should have been two options to collect and I do believe that PM saw a better option to give MORE to help retention but did not think out the “what ifs”. And the prepaid group may have different “what ifs”.  

@ottawa wrote:

I assume the previous "go to our site and 'buy' a specific $0 add-on" was too challenging for a lot of customers. Either because it was complicated, or because their only device was a smartphone and PM's site is woefully inadequate for mobile viewing. So "just reply to the text" is going to be easier for 99% of the customers (including my referrees discussed upthread, if they were on PM network in December, and including me for that matter, as all those friends I had to talk through the old method should need no handholding other than being assured to reply to the text).

Koodos [ 😉 ] to PM for finding as always an alternative method for some customers who aren't able to use their method.

“Some” may have found the directions difficult to understand or to actually do. But I still feel the text option will allow PM to give MORE than in other years as customers would only l know about the offer if they came to the Community. And the My Account, more than usual logins may have slowed down the system for new activations. Either way is not perfect. 

Lehaha
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My friend is on $15, but he already got gifts without any problems 

Lehaha

That’s right 

@ottawa wrote:

I assume the previous "go to our site and 'buy' a specific $0 add-on" was too challenging for a lot of customers. Either because it was complicated, or because their only device was a smartphone and PM's site is woefully inadequate for mobile viewing. So "just reply to the text" is going to be easier for 99% of the customers (including my referrees discussed upthread, if they were on PM network in December, and including me for that matter, as all those friends I had to talk through the old method should need no handholding other than being assured to reply to the text).

Koodos [ 😉 ] to PM for finding as always an alternative method for some customers who aren't able to use their method.

Agree... plus most users don't check My Account often and missed the deal.

I think SMS is a good move.  

and for those who cannot reply for whatever reason, Jade already mentioned .. Messaging CS Agent and they will gladly help

Lehaha

Thanks 

Lehaha

I agree with this way too 

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

“Some” may have found the directions difficult to understand or to actually do. But I still feel the text option will allow PM to give MORE than in other years as customers would only l know about the offer if they came to the Community. And the My Account, more than usual logins may have slowed down the system for new activations. Either way is not perfect. 

To be clear, I think replying YES to a text is a much better solution than having to go and "buy" a pair of $0 add-ons. They just needed to accommodate those unable to reply YES (at any cost; those in US can pay $8 for access, those outside NA can't). It sounds like they have, by saying to contact Mods after Dec 15 if unable to send a text.

That said, they could have sent an SMS to everyone, saying "go to  website and buy $0 add-on", and informed just as many customers, but this is better.

3s_Plenty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Great news! i also like the simplified method of obtaining it. Pretty sure, i still have last years leftover lol.

Thanks PM, nice to have companies recognize existing customers with extras for the holidays. 

AndrewVegas
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I am currently out of the country and therefore can't receive text messages, how can I add these promo on.  Unfortunately I won't be back by the end of Dec.

Thanks!