Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

@wetcoaster  wrote:

@NDesai 

It's 4911.

It seems that the messages are going out in badges. I'm helping manage 5 accounts and so far only the most recently activated one got the text.

Uhmm, Family member activated today and no text message so far. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wetcoaster wrote:

@NDesai wrote:

@daveopg wrote:

Thanks!  Any idea if I will get this gift text now that I texted "Stop" to the last message Public Mobile sent me regarding Unresolved complaints and CCTS info.  After I sent "Stop" it said "As requested, you'll no longer be getting promotional text messages from Public Mobile"  Not sure how to restart it either.

Thanks,

Dave

Let's wait and see what number the text comes from. This is the first time they are offering gifts through text. They might use a new text number to send text messages for that specific reason you mentioned. 

@NDesai 

It's 4911.

It seems that the messages are going out in badges. I'm helping manage 5 accounts and so far only the most recently activated one got the text.

I got mine today, so the batch theory is correct.

@NDesai wrote:

@daveopg wrote:

Thanks!  Any idea if I will get this gift text now that I texted "Stop" to the last message Public Mobile sent me regarding Unresolved complaints and CCTS info.  After I sent "Stop" it said "As requested, you'll no longer be getting promotional text messages from Public Mobile"  Not sure how to restart it either.

Thanks,

Dave

Let's wait and see what number the text comes from. This is the first time they are offering gifts through text. They might use a new text number to send text messages for that specific reason you mentioned. 

@NDesai 

It's 4911.

Has anyone received the text yet?

EDIT - okay, I see some people have received it and answered yes...but 'some' still missing in Self Serve - hummm?

@daveopg wrote:

Thanks,

Dave

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Merry Christmas, may this tradition carry on for years to come 🎅🎄☃️

@darlicious wrote:

@lohasking 

Well you have 30 days to refer another! Make a new email account and register it for the promo today so it can be used to refer a friend and still get the promo when activating before December 17th. The email can be changed to their own after they recieve the promos in their account.

Happy referring!

Just to be clear the new email account that @darlicious  is suggesting....I believe....is an email address that only holds the PM registration email(s) and YOU will give  the email address and password to new user to take over and YOU will not have set up an association of that email to one of your other  email addresses. Once used the new user will contact a CSA and change the My Account email address. 

@lohasking 

Well you have 30 days to refer another! Make a new email account and register it for the promo today so it can be used to refer a friend and still get the promo when activating before December 17th. The email can be changed to their own after they recieve the promos in their account.

Happy referring!

lohasking
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

oh No...I just referred one friend who activated his SIM card on Nov 27th... 

Bye bye 30$...

@daveopg 

Are you regretting your decision to unsubscribe from promotional messaging? When you cannot unsubscribe from mandated messaging? Did we not warn you that this could happen?

But try texting SUBSCRIBE to both 5129 and 4911.

@DavidP51 wrote:

Hmm, so it does seem that these are added on instantly!  I have yet to receive a text acknowledgement from 4911 like that...

Of course not! It is getting cold here and electricity slows down.

People, just be patient! This is just first day of gift giving.

daveopg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks,

Dave

bigscottydawg

Yeah that's what I figured, just an overwhelmed system. We haven't got back confirmation texts yet either. I'm not worried about it. I'm sure it will show up. It's just not instant like it said, at least not on day one.

@bigscottydawg wrote:

I wondered the same thing. The text says it will be immdeidately applied to your account when you reply Yes. Neither my wife nor I have received the bonus yet. It's been a few hours for sure.

@bigscottydawg    Sounds like it's not instant then...probably the system is a bit overwhelmed, or just another glitch which should clear up later in the day. 

So keep checking your account and as suggested by @SD08, print off your overview page before these new gifts get added to your account to note any discrepancies if you already have other add-ons/gifts.

DavidP51

Same thing here...  I texted YES 3 hrs ago, but no acknowledgement text message & nothing yet listed in my account...  

Glider23

Nope.

Glider23_0-1638399936980.png

karllee

I received the message and replied YES.  Did not get a confirmation back.  No data or minutes were added to my account as bonus.

My wife received the same message.  She replied YES and got a confirmation back.  Data and minutes were added to her account as bonus.

@Glider23 wrote:

I did get the text message and replied Yes to the text but still do not see it added on my account.

I am just curios if i have to wait because SMS said it is instant.

@Glider23   So there's nothing new under your My Data & Add-ons in your overview page in the self serve account?

bigscottydawg

I wondered the same thing. The text says it will be immdeidately applied to your account when you reply Yes. Neither my wife nor I have received the bonus yet. It's been a few hours for sure.

Glider23

I did get the text message and replied Yes to the text but still do not see it added on my account.

I am just curios if i have to wait because SMS said it is instant.

@Glider23 wrote:

How would i know that the bonus call and data has been added to my account?

Thanks

You will receive a text notification from Public Mobile sometime between now and middle of Dec. You'll have to text YES in order to have the data and minutes applied to your account.

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

DavidP51

Hmm, so it does seem that these are added on instantly!  I have yet to receive a text acknowledgement from 4911 like that...

Glider23

How would i know that the bonus call and data has been added to my account?

Thanks

@yackinlyn wrote:

ANY PLAN? $15?

YUP...any plan.

Just wait for the text from Public Mobile with the offer.

@yackinlyn wrote:

ANY PLAN? $15?

@yackinlyn   Yes, any plan... 😊

yackinlyn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

ANY PLAN? $15?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

If you've been with PM since last December or earlier, your account may already have holiday add-ons from previous years.  In that case, it might not be a bad idea to take a snapshot of your add-on summary page before you reply to the text message, because add-ons from previous years may have similar labels and thus far they have no indication of the actual year they were added.  With a snapshot, you can easily tell if something new has appeared, and you'll have at least something of your account's previous state to show agents in case the addition of the holiday gifts goes awry.

Even before this year's giveaway, my account has already accumulated a bunch of add-ons and it could get confusing for anyone, possibly including CSAs, to determine which promo they originated from.  Seeing as this giveaway is becoming an annual tradition, plus the fact that this year's gifts have the same minutes/GBs as last year's, I hope PM will be giving this year's add-ons a distinctive label including the year (suggestion to @J_PM ).

PMAccountAddOnSummary_Nov2021.jpg

@computergeek541 wrote:

If anyone is wondering:

If you send a "YES" message to 4911 before receiving the text message about this offer, you'll receive a response that says "Looks like you're not eligible for this offer". 

so , they have to flag your account first before they will accept your YES reply.

thanks for letting us know.

If anyone is wondering:

If you send a "YES" message to 4911 before receiving the text message about this offer, you'll receive a response that says "Looks like you're not eligible for this offer". 

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

@Kristowhy wrote:

@softech wrote:

@Kristowhy  that was quick.. i just said to wait 24 to 72 hours.. lol

I am still waiting for my text.. waiting PATIENTLY .... 

Maybe I was the guinea pig!? 😂

Curious to see when others receive it and also if it comes from 4911 as well.

@Kristowhy   You were the first one in the Community to find out the deal last night.. so, you get the VIP service..  you got the express lane..  You deserve that.. 🤣

LOL - I am not done yet.  Still have a friend to get activated and moved from PC Mobile.

PS:  Maybe I can be the first to have VoLTE activated as well!? 😂 🤔

Need Help? Let's chat.