Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET

@adil-5aar wrote:

Me I'm on the plan for 15$ but when I send sms it told.me I'm not eligible..so for those who are on 15$ plan are not eligible ? 

Why they say all customers ?

@adil-5aar   Everyone is eligible.  Did you  receive the text from PM and you are replying?

or you have not got the text yet but you just message YES to the short code 4911?  if you have not receive the text from PM yet, it won't work when you just sent YES over there

jeffnick
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the heads up, on receiving gifts..

adil-5aar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Me I'm on the plan for 15$ but when I send sms it told.me I'm not eligible..so for those who are on 15$ plan are not eligible ? 

Why they say all customers ?

Dog_groomer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It could be it has to be added on the add-on menu. Last year that's what happened to mine. 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I was one of the lucky ones who got it immediately on the first day when the text came, but the system has since begun to lag for others.

@Lehaha wrote:

My sister she sent “yes” back to the text message but she didn’t get the gifts yet, who knows what’s wrong?

Thanks 

Some reported they see it on My Account immediately but some said not.  Wait 24 hour check again.

Lehaha

That’s happened to my sister too:(

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you PM for the awesome holiday gifts!

For the text, I never really paid attention to this, but do short code numbers even show up in usage history? I just checked and my recent renewal reminder, "rewards applied" and renewal confirmation texts are not in usage history 🤔 

edit: I didn't get the text from 4911 yet, will report back if it does show up in history. 

Lehaha

My sister she sent “yes” back to the text message but she didn’t get the gifts yet, who knows what’s wrong?

Thanks 

sultan25

Great! I appreciate the clarification! Happy holidays!

@sultan25 wrote:

So since my account will have both, the 250 MB AutoPay bonus addon and the 2 GB gift addon, does anyone know which addon the data will be used from first?

Also, I'm assuming the 2 GB gift will remain on the account until used, while the 250 MB is a monthly addon which expires at the end of the billing cycle (and doesn't roll over)? If that is indeed the case, then I'd imagine data to be used from 250 MB first, and then 2 GB after 250 has been used up.

@sultan25  Yes, the 250MB bonus will be used first.  This 250MB data will reset itself every cycle and cannot be rolled over (PM is running on 30 days and not monthly)

the bonus 2 GB will kick in if the 250Mb of the current cycle are all used up.  This 2GB has no expiry,  so, at the end of the cycle, whatever left will be roll over to the next cycle until all used up.  

Hope this helps..

and Enjoy the service!!

sultan25

Great to hear! I signed up yesterday and had a quick question regarding the data bonus.

I'm enrolled in the 15$ plan with AutoPay, so I get a 250 MB bonus addon. 

So since my account will have both, the 250 MB AutoPay bonus addon and the 2 GB gift addon, does anyone know which addon the data will be used from first?

Also, I'm assuming the 2 GB gift will remain on the account until used, while the 250 MB is a monthly addon which expires at the end of the billing cycle (and doesn't roll over)? If that is indeed the case, then I'd imagine data to be used from 250 MB first, and then 2 GB after 250 has been used up.

If anyone can clarify please, that would be great. Thank you!

@adil-5aar Do nothing. It always says plan expired during the renewal. You're good as long as your service works.

adil-5aar

Thanks just did it and got message that my account in suspended and plan expired....i m on automatic payment and due date is today and payment already has been taken from my credit card.. si what should I do now...? 

Gromick

The gift can come anytime between now and the 15 to do just let an eye out it

Bigmac

Thanks for sharing this amazing gift.

what if I dont get the message for some reason, how can I claim the gift? Thanks

Zyl

@pnquilter 

You have until December 31 to receive it.  So there should be plenty of time for you to receive them.  

Zyl

You get this gift every single year???!!!  Wow!!!  So by the 5th year, you would've accumulated 10GB of data if you never used them?  

Gromick

Thanks for the update I will keep my eye out 

@Gromick 

The system is backed up we imagine as they were getting added instantly and then it seemed to slow down.....you should recieve a text confirming when they are added.

@ottawa 

Yes that would be the case. Before reactivating it would be prudent to double check that the scheduled plan change is showing in the account just in case.

But there seems as though pm will address this issue as per this thread. I have submitted a question to confirm this new development with the CSA's. I should be able to confirm if it's true tomorrow.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Holiday-gift/m-p/752442#U752442

Gromick

So what do we do if we replied YES and didn't get a response back?

Gromick

The text did indicate it would be applied instantly...

Gromick

I replied YES and the message said it would be instantly applied, but I didn't receive any confirmation nor do I see the gifts in my account.

ottawa

@darlicious they would need to reactivate on $15, immediately schedule a change to $25 on next renewal, wait for the text to appear in Usage History, pay $8 for US texting add-on and reply (or get a CSR to do it for $0, if that's an option), then re-suspend the account after the bonuses appear. Would PM honour that and reactivate on the $25 plan (assuming the 2nd unsuspension is >30 days from now)?

@z10user4 , they have the SIM and it's in a handset, but there's no US roaming currently active and they haven't received a text. I assume they (i.e. I) will have to monitor their account, or just check on Dec 16, and if there's a text in the Usage History, pay $8 and send YES (or write to CSR).

Gromick

I had the same question, nothing showing for me easier an no confirmation back.

AlvinW

@CountyDownIeUk 

@Anonymous 

@darlicious 

Thanks all for your efforts here!

Just hope PM will open up an option like previous years, we can add those holiday rewards for $0 under plan add on; or someone from PM can apply those rewards to my account. 

Thank you very much!

@Anonymous 

I just called the National Gallery of Ireland....from the new list with only the More is Merrier add ons on my account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ottawa : Your friend with the active account but no roaming...is the SIM with them and in a phone and on and enabled? Did they get the text?

@ottawa 

That ill fated change in plans last spring is very unlikely to happen again and the $25/1gb plan isn't going anywhere. If anything was going to change that plan might get a boost in plan data. The simple workaround is reactivate on the $15 plan and immediately schedule a plan change on next renewal back to the $25 plan. Pm honours all prescheduled plan changes even after the plan has disappeared from your self serve account. 

Need Help? Let's chat.