Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] More is Merrier is back!

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update]

Thank you for your patience. We’ve received a lot more excitement than expected.

If you have responded “YES” and are waiting for your offers - hang tight, your gifts are on it’s way. Remember, you have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your holiday offers. 

Jade_S_1-1638369480710.png

Hey Community,

The season of giving has arrived and we’ve got some amazing things to give🎄.

Our holiday rewards are back and we’re giving away free data, free international long distance minutes and more, available until December 31st, 11:59PM EST

This holiday season we’re excited to share some awesome rewards:

• Connect more with 2GB of free data
  • Chat more with 500 free international minutes
  • Share more by referring a friend and receive a bonus one-time $30 credit

I’m an existing customer; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

I’m not a customer yet; how do I redeem my holiday gifts?

• No problem! All you have to do is buy a SIM card and activate before December 31st.  
  • These gifts will be automatically added to your account within a week, and we’ll send you a SMS to let you know.

What else you need to know:

• Add-on offers are available for all new and existing customers from December 1st 9:00AM ET to December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET
  • Limit of one 2GB data add-on and one 500 min international calling add-on per customer. Add-ons are one-time only and will remain on your account until fully used 
  • $30 referral bonus is redeemable only once per customer. 
    • Customer must refer a friend between Dec 1-31st using their unique referral code
    • Friend must activate before Dec 31st 11:59PM EST
    • Customer will receive a $5 bill credit/month for 6 months, for a total of $30 as long as the referred friend stays with us
  • International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

For more information, about More is Merrier please click here 

Wishing you a happy and rewarding holiday season - from us, to you!

- The Public Mobile Community Team

2,096 REPLIES 2,096

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious , 250MB/mo isn't enough, most months they use 500-1000MB, and one month recently they hit 1.5GB (tapped one of the Add-Ons).

If you meant specifically for this occasion, they'd be worried about losing the $25/mo plan (we actually discussed changing from $25 to $15 plan instead of suspending, then back to $25 on their reactivation, but PM already tried jacking that plan up to $30 once).

They're resigned to losing out on the bonus this year, and consider it reasonable. I just wanted to explore all options for them both.

@Anonymous @ottawa 

I do believe they are the same set but I think it was @Jb456 that ran a test call after the new international calling destinations/add ons were introduced and he was able to call the countries on the list with the 400 minutes holiday add on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ottawa : The old 400 minute and the gifted 400 minute and the gifted 500 minute and this 500 minute are the same set.

Edit: @darlicious , @ottawa 

ottawa

Separate question, I know 1GB Add-on retails for $15, but I don't see a 500min International LD Add-on corresponding to this bonus. I did find 300min for $15, but the list of countries is different. Is the 500min freebie actually more restricted, or just a typo?

300 International Long Distance Minutes [$15]

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela

500 International Long Distance Minutes [$0 for 2021]

International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

@ottawa 

Actually if they have so many add ons already why are the on the $25 plan to begin with?

@ottawa 

Why not reactivate on the $15 plan?

ottawa

@Anonymous , understood. I think it would cost them $18 ($25 plan less $7 in Rewards excluding autopay) then $8 for the roaming option. Even if this offer retails for $45, they wouldn't (and I don't) attribute a value of $45 when they have so much spare data already. 

It might be worth $18, but not $26, if CSR can add it. Also, since they're suspended, it's possible the text would come in before they get the plan reactivated and it would be $18 for nothing. I'm trying to be cautious as throwing away $18 and getting nothing (no bonus, no service) won't go over well.

Thanks.

@ottawa 

I value the add ons at 2gb=$30 and 500 international minutes=$25 ($0.05/min).

I asked pm (Jade) earlier in this thread the unable to recieve and/or unable to reply to the text questions. I got a bravo but no answers.🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : It remains to be seen whether these kinds of texts will come through. Maybe folks in the states could report success while not having a texting add-on.

@CountyDownIeUk: We all like a good ol' DIY solution but they all cost money in this case.

ottawa

I don't think they value the offer at $45 (retail price) since they have lots of Add-Ons already.

And while I agree $8 is a no-brainer when the only choice is do it or lose it, my question was whether there's a $0 solution (asking CS) and if anyone's tried it. 

Thanks.

@ottawa 

An active pm account will still recieve incoming text messages in the US without a roaming add on. The problem is replying YES to it by December 31st.

@Anonymous wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk : What about a couple or a family? 8 bucks for each account? Seems a little excessive.

I hear you. I am looking at a DYI method leaving CSA help to last. Doing it right yourself . But agree there might be other options. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : What about a couple or a family? 8 bucks for each account? Seems a little excessive.

@ottawa: Even with the prior "buying" method, the suspended accounts would need to be reactivated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlvinW : I think I might prefer exhausting the CSA option before going to the extent of shipping or switching SIM's. Keep the account active, get the gifts in place, then do what you will with the account.

But, these are kinda uncharted waters with this texting method. I much preferred the "buying" method. The automatic method would of course be the best.

@ottawa wrote:

Has anyone seen (on Usage History) they got the text and tried contacting the Mods yet? I have two referrals (referees I guess) in the US, one has their account suspended and one has it active but no roaming add-on (so they can call in for vmail). I assume the active one could pay $8 for a texting add-on, but it would be nice to avoid that if possible.

I assume for the inactive one, they just don't get this offer, even if they reactivate (I don't think it's worth paying for a month, but if they're planning to reactivate in a week or so, it might be worth moving up the date).

For the active one, could they wait for Dec 16 (offer says all SMS will be sent by Dec 15), buy the $8 texting add-on, and reply YES? Would they actually see the PM text in their inbox (i.e. are they queued up), or do they just go by the Usage History?

Thanks.

Spend $8 for a $45 gain is a no brainer. 

ottawa

Has anyone seen (on Usage History) they got the text and tried contacting the Mods yet? I have two referrals (referees I guess) in the US, one has their account suspended and one has it active but no roaming add-on (so they can call in for vmail). I assume the active one could pay $8 for a texting add-on, but it would be nice to avoid that if possible.

I assume for the inactive one, they just don't get this offer, even if they reactivate (I don't think it's worth paying for a month, but if they're planning to reactivate in a week or so, it might be worth moving up the date).

For the active one, could they wait for Dec 16 (offer says all SMS will be sent by Dec 15), buy the $8 texting add-on, and reply YES? Would they actually see the PM text in their inbox (i.e. are they queued up), or do they just go by the Usage History?

Thanks.

@AlvinW wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

Thanks for reading my question again and trying your best to help me out again!

Thank you so much!

The answers for your questions are

The phone is with me, and I am in Hong Kong. I won't able to receive and send SMS message.

Watch for the text in My Usage. 

Courier Sim back to a friend or relative to deal with the YES

Or buy a new SIM And change SIM in Canada and friend or relative to deal with the YES

I can help out with the new SIM if you like. 

Where do you have a trusted helper in Canada?

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you are not coming to Canada anytime soon and doesn't want to buy an addon which is the easiest option, then you can try your luck after Dec 15th by opening a ticket with support agents to request that to be applied to your account. 

AlvinW
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous 

Thanks for replying me!

Do you know who should I ask for?

my account is active, it is under autopay.

AlvinW

@CountyDownIeUk 

Thanks for reading my question again and trying your best to help me out again!

Thank you so much!

The answers for your questions are

The phone is with me, and I am in Hong Kong. I won't able to receive and send SMS message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlvinW : You'll have to ask. They won't just go ahead and do it.

Is your account active? I would kinda think it oughta be.

@darlicious wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk 

There is an issue if you are outside of the US and Canada....you will not be able to recieve the text to start with....pm has not answered that question as of yet. The only workaround I can see for this would be having a friend or family member perform a sim swap to recieve the text message. But does the text message have to be recieved or just sent?

@darlicious 

But does the inbound text show-up with a SIM swap....I am thinking NO unless, maybe, if your device does not accept texts. As per @computergeek541 ..... you can reply YES to 4911 from your PM number “IF” you can confirm that you have received the text offer in My Usage or some other way. But putting the cart ahead of the horse likely will not work!!! More difficult scenarios if you are out of USA or Canada and the PM SIM is with you. And still difficult if SIM  is in Canada. No matter what option, when you try the YES....it has to be before Dec 31 and from the PM number that the offer was sent to. 

AlvinW

@Anonymous 

Thanks for reading my question!

I think so too, I just hope that someone from Public Mobile will do that for me!

@NDesai 

Your family member that activated today falls under the new activation terms and conditions. They will automatically have it added to their accounts within a week of activation.

@CountyDownIeUk 

There is an issue if you are outside of the US and Canada....you will not be able to recieve the text to start with....pm has not answered that question as of yet. The only workaround I can see for this would be having a friend or family member perform a sim swap to recieve the text message. But does the text message have to be recieved or just sent?

@AlvinW wrote:

Hi Jade,

I am currently out of the country, I won't be back after the new year. Due to I won't be able to send and receive the SMS message, is it possible or any way that I can add 2GB of data and 500 free international minutes to the account like the previous year please? Thanks!

Check your My Account

Check your My usage

Use the 7 day search

Check every day around the same time.

Look for a text from 4911

Once discovered text YES to 4911. 

oh oh ..... where is your phone?

If with you.....buy the USA texting add on. 

Either answer YES to text from PM

Or if you missed that text and do see you got one from searching My Usage then text to 4911 YES. 

If not with you.....talk to someone to do for you if they can access it. 

If lost stolen or suspended.....that’s another story. 

The YES has to come from your PM number(s)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlvinW : I wonder that the only option is to hope the CSA's will put them on when you ask.

AlvinW

Thanks for your help!
I am sorry! I couldn't find my answer from the page 10 on this thread, Can you read my question again and help me out please? Thanks!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@urmilpatel wrote:

CAnnot find usage under My account

The View My Usage link is on the overview page after login.  It is under the Change Plan button.

image.png

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thank you! Bravo!

Need Help? Let's chat.