cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Update] Black Friday deals are here! Don’t miss out - 2GB recurring data bonus*

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting November 16 to December 1 at 11:59PM EST, new customers can get one month of free service on any plan, plus 2GB of monthly bonus data for free and 50% off SIM card, when they activate on plans $35 or higher with promo code 2GBBONUS

This offer is available to new customers who activate online only. Rules and conditions apply.

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here
  2. Receive the promo code via email 
  3. Activate on any plan $35 or higher online by December 17 using the promo code:2GBBONUS to redeem this offer.

Offer Details:

• Activate on any plan $35 or more using the promo code by December 17 and get a free 2GB recurring data bonus, plus one month of free service on any plan.
  • Offer available to new customers who activate online.
  • 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40, $50 and $60 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 
  • Please note it may take up to 2 business days for bonus data to be applied. 
  • This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

This offer is subject to change without notice.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

149 REPLIES 149

@hairbag1 

Nice! Rewards since joining public mobile : $725😃!!

@J_PM 

Well that's a little more like it. It would be nice if they were stackable or available in store but I won't complain that you upped the ante now with a free month credit.

Since 2017...

Total rewards earned since joining Public Mobile: $693

@ddeep91 wrote:

Haha! What is the point of this thread is it to POKE existing customers in the face???

PM you guys are falling behind....  Please stop copy pasting the same deal over and over and over  just make it permanently 2GB for new customers.

Koodo offering 12 gig @ 40$ that's a black Friday deal if you ask me.

Not 2 GB extra that you have had for 3 months now.

Bring something for existing customers as well.

You have a lot of improvement to do before I refer more people over to PM. 

PM is offering what they have posted.  What are the other 3rd tier providers offering?  Sure Koodo and Telus will off some bigger promo's if you like them and need them, go there. There is absolutely nothing tieing you down here, no contract, no subsidized phone.  If it works better for you financially go and get the deal.  For some they can't deal with post-paid due to credit checks, others don't like long-term contracts, and some stay because of the rewards.  You need to do what is best for you.

As for people posting about what about existing customers what do you have for us.  How about long-term savings and rewards.  What other providers offer rewards and a guarantee that your bill is going down each year (without switching your plan) for the 2nd-6th year with them.  This is what PM does for its existing customers

ShawnC13_0-1637712969926.png

and I don't think I will see this with any other provider.

ShawnC13_1-1637713059024.png

So many posts about "What will PM do for existing customers" and so and so is offering this.....  If the grass is greener jump the fence!

This post is not directed at one person, but to all that feel they aren't getting a good enough deal with Public Mobile.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Haha! What is the point of this thread is it to POKE existing customers in the face???

PM you guys are falling behind....  Please stop copy pasting the same deal over and over and over  just make it permanently 2GB for new customers.

Koodo offering 12 gig @ 40$ that's a black Friday deal if you ask me.

Not 2 GB extra that you have had for 3 months now.

Bring something for existing customers as well.

You have a lot of improvement to do before I refer more people over to PM. 

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I think it was updated to mention anyone signing up for the $35+ plans will get 2GB recurring data, AND one month free on ANY plan including the $15 and $25 plans! That's a pretty good deal!

XionBunny

Clearly, the service reps have checked out and recycled scripts, it's pretty common practice sadly, but hey whatever pays the bills I guess 😛

Power (or powerless) of Copy and Paste!!!

.. and ... many PM pages have many mistakes here and there.. just too many error.. can't fix them all LoL

@softech wrote:

@J_PM wrote:

• 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

No more $70.. 

Still not updated... 😁

barndoor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jib_tech wrote:

There is nothing new about this offer. I don't see anyone lining up for it.

Yup  ...its all about perception  and nothing about substance ... what is the point of a lost leader if  the glitches go on ? 

jib_tech
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There is nothing new about this offer. I don't see anyone lining up for it.

sunflowershine

Other carriers have special price with more data in their plans and with new phone. Many friends of mine withdrew from PM. 

LeePublic

This promo has been around since March as a hidden promo. Maybe as we get closer to BF, they'll (hopefully) offer something better on BF. At least it isn't a temporary 6 mo. promo like chatr, and Lucky. 

@darlicious   honest, I was hoping BF promos would be at least a bit different , like 3GB bonus instead of just 2...  or maybe 2GB but with extra $20 credit.. Given that 2GB bonus has been here since summer, basically there is no BF promo at all .. 

@Jb456 

Last year's was worse....$5 off $35+ plans for 6 months. I hoping they make up for it near Xmas. Should be stackable with the CCS activation bundles. Their current offer until November 29th has a 5gb bonus data add on for $25+ plans and 10% off pm vouchers until supplies last.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM wrote:

• 2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

No more $70.. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

The earliest Black Friday promo every seen.. was it since July?  

At least it's great that 2GBBonus still alive..

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Pretty weak BF deal PM 😞 Not even one month (30 days free). Had 5 referrals ready to go but with this ish I won't even bother asking them to switch providers. Almost as bad as Koodo's (Your 2nd tier) "Bright Friday" deals. 

@wangyun67 wrote:

As the current client, how could we use this promo code? should i get extra 2GB/Mon?

@wangyun67   Sorry, as a current customer it's unavailable to you unless you want to activate a new account with a new number? 

Hopefully, PM will offer some Xmas freebies to all current customers in a couple of weeks, we hope... 😊

wangyun67
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

As the current client, how could we use this promo code? should i get extra 2GB/Mon?

pkaraa

2GB deal is recurring every week/month..

but @Meow  That 4GB can be cyber monday deal. Just a thought. 🙂

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Nothing new.

This 2GB bonus is there every few weeks.

PM should offer 4GB as 'black Friday'.

Soon 'black Friday' deals will be in September then in May...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

OH, I saw the subject "Black Friday deals are here..."and got a little bit of butterflies there.... Lol

Better to keep it rolling than to take it away 😁

@mimmo 

I suppose the 2GBBONUS is working for pm if you need the data. It's not exactly making them stand out from other providers. Nor making it enticing enough for us to refer customers when other providers may offer full speed 4G LTE data and voLTE (for postpaid accounts). It would just be nice to have an offer to get excited about.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous  it's probably to do with marketing and not upsetting the status quo in plan prices between the competitors. All three have the same base cost. And a recurring bonus is just that a bonus, it's not really part of the plan so not undercuting the competition.

As for promotions for existing customers I believe the rewards system works quite well in giving customers a plan discount.   Not sure why so much more  is expected from the low cost  provider.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

that 2GB Free bonus for a long time in here so why public mobile increase plan by 2GB, is much better to keep bring 2GB Free bonus and a lot existing customer sad and confused,

another suggest to public mobile bring like that deals
for New plan for $20
with -$2 AutoPay
Unlimited for Canada-wide minutes,
Unlimited Text,
No data,
For existing and new customer...

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious  pm could change it up and offer 1gb one time bonus:) for Christmas. I guess we just need to be happy that there are offers that make on a little more enticing to join. Which if referred lowers our monthly fee.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@J_PM 

For New Customer Activate online only....nice 2GB Free promo code 2GBBONUS.....enjoyed..

and for Existing Customer nothing will provide 
public mobile have to provide special deals for existing customer,
i hope they will do something.
i appreciate you and your Team thank you very much for everything...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@J_PM 

We already know about this promo on the website. Is this just a reminder new announcement of the same old, same old?

I sure hope pm comes up with something different as a promotion as we near Xmas this year.

Need Help? Let's chat.