Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming Changes to our Old Rewards Program

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community,

We have an important announcement to share with our subscribers who are currently enrolled in our old Rewards program.

We’re making changes to our rewards program and are sharing how these changes impact some of our subscribers. Starting in May, we’ll be retiring our old Rewards program and moving all subscribers to our Public Points™ program. 

We launched the Public Points™ program in January 2022 to provide our subscribers with more ways to earn and spend rewards, with greater flexibility. As part of our commitment to continuously evolve our products and services, it's time to retire our old Rewards program and shift our focus on enhancing our Points program.

To show our appreciation for your continued loyalty, subscribers on our old Rewards program will receive a special thank you. We'll send you a text message when it has been added to your account by March 31st. 

We’re excited to continue providing you, our valued subscribers, more opportunities to earn and spend rewards with Public Points™ moving forward.

To learn more about your move to Public Points, check out our FAQ here.

The Public Mobile Team

5,529 REPLIES 5,529

mikasik2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@EQMO88 wrote:

Can anyone clarify how much worse this current program is in comparison to the old one? I thought it was good

Instead of $8 a month (after tax) you get $10 a year

EQMO88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can anyone clarify how much worse this current program is in comparison to the old one? I thought it was good

mikasik2

Why are some complaints moving forward with CCTS while others are not?

SD1234

I do not want to switch. It cost more with the new system and I don't need the data that's only lasting 6 months.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@NoseyNick1 - There is some here:

Operated own network:

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 9.28.40 PM.png

MVNO is here:

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 9.28.23 PM.png

golfball

They're giving PM some competition. Their $19 plan is better than PM's $25 plan.

NoseyNick1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

> > Rogers owns freedom now
> Rogers does not own Freedom.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_Mobile does talk about "the sale of Freedom Mobile to Québecor, parent of Vidéotron"

Fizz = Videotron too, who are quite tight with Rogers too... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vid%C3%A9otron

I'm confused. Does this mean there's NO actual independent carriers or MVNOs in Canada any more?!?   😮

pixel_Scott

That is where I will be going 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@hkjhkj - Some of us just sit on this platform monitoring / searching the web & then when there is a question it will notify them (Dunno how to do that just yet.)

But most of us that are helping are sometimes happy to get paid a little bit and are doing this as a hobby.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @hkjhkj it is just PC mobile in disguise..LoL

hi @IanP

great idea!!

Unfortunately we are not in a position to negotiate a seperation agreement. You choices are just ..take the Points reward deal or leave

Stop dreaming for bargaining more than that

hi @HALIMACS a lot of them think their action  are urting Telus.  But with a multi billion business, it's always the consumers themselves got hurt. 

LafferZ

I thought joining the points reward program was optional, so I'm not happy now that it's made mandatory suddenly.  It's not about the amount of savings but customer trust that is being broken.

abtest

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

@abtest I didn’t realize that. It seems odd since Fizz is owned by Videotron? Do you still have the same plans available only at a higher cost or are some of those plans not available in QC at all?

@RetiredGuy1- Seems to be the same plan builder, but with different prices.

@eyes 

Regrettably, some people are reacting emotionally by taking measures they feel are ’getting back’  at Public Mobile, like:

• lowering their plan value, and then complaining when they realize they’ve lost the data bonus (though, if they want to fight another day and weren’t notified, that’s a very legit case to pursue)
  • porting out without first exhausting freebies which may be available to them
  • deciding to port out thinking they have an option to port back in and retain their referral rewards – I really hope some have not done that.

RetiredGuy1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@abtest I didn’t realize that. It seems odd since Fizz is owned by Videotron? Do you still have the same plans available only at a higher cost or are some of those plans not available in QC at all?

eyes

Sorry but I don’t understand why you’re being a bit hostile. I’m not disagreeing with you but you take the position as if I disagree. All I’m saying— very dumbed down - people shouldn’t be hasty and just abandon their PM plans before they use up all their point credits. Do you also disagree with using up ones PM plan credits?

MintBerry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

CCTS officially rejected Public Mobile's objection so now we wait until Apr 26 to see what they come up with as a response.

We examined the customer's complaint and Public Mobile's objection to the complaint.

Section 4.3 of the CCTS Procedural Code states that The Commissioner may not direct or require a Participating Service Provider to change any of their policies or practices. Additionally, pricing of products or services fall outside the Commissioner’s scope. As your complaint pertains to a billing and contractual dispute, the CCTS confirms that your complaint falls within the scope of the CCTS.

The CCTS cannot accept objections that are based on the merits of the complaint, and such objections will be rejected. A “merit-based objection” is an objection in which the PSP asserts that the complaint should not be accepted by the CCTS because the PSP is allowed to do the action that the customer complained about.

Additionally, The CCTS does not consider the following matters as “pricing of products and service”: billing disputes, contract disputes or changes, price changes, additional charges, and removal of promotional discounts.  For this reason, we are rejecting the objection as your complaint meets the requirement set out by the procedural code. 

abtest

@RetiredGuy1 wrote:

Looks like Fizz has become an early mover among the competition to take advantage of PMs self-implosion. They’ve launched new intro prices that stay as long as you keep the plan without any price increase in the future. 

$19 2GB

$21 3GB

$22 6GB

$23 10GB

$25 20GB

$27 30GB

$29 40GB

Fizz uses Freedom’s network so you get out from the clutches of the Big 3. Data rollover (up to 2 months) is a client-focused feature that PM could learn from. They also have data sharing and a rewards program (which is a bit too complex for me to articulate but it exists nonetheless). It should be noted Fizz coverage is currently limited primarily to urban areas in ON and QC and Edm and Cgy (per their coverage map).

@RetiredGuy1- It seems those prices are not available in Quebec. 😞

IanP

Come on Telus, instead of causing all this resentment and bickering.

Come up with a solution to appease loyal customers. 

Why not offer a small selection of offers that we could choose at no extra cost to us and probably very little or none to you. When you move us to the points

Upgrade a plan by 1 tier

Or

Add free international roaming to 1 or 2 countries 

Or

Ideas?

Better than losing loyal customers and shows you care

dmc69

Not sure if this was posted already but anyone remember this? 

dmc69_0-1712781710144.png

maurelle

@eyes wrote:

When I said "Let’s not be hasty…… don’t forget that the reward dollars will be converted to points that may be used towards paying your plan".  - ------- it was meant for plan holder that will have accumulated points.

This makes even less sense than your previous reply to my first post. I don't even know why I bother.

I stand by my outline (as well as my previous posts) on why this change hits the often vulnerable, lowest cost plan holders the most. And that the points system is near-useless for them. Might as well just call it what it boils down to: paying full plan price. * 

Paying a DIY provider, that doesn't have live support and prides themselves as online only carrier but has a crazy buggy self serve portal, $6 for an absolute minimal plan at 50 miniutes and 50 texts is ok, $8 for 100 minutes as well (Canadian standards anyway...). $13/$15 with zero real life improvements is too much. The way they are pulling this off is an insult.

*Unless you have referals. Assuming that they'll actually stay with PM.

Bunnyhop

I'm sorry you guys went through that. The pm community should've been more supportive of those on the $10 plans.

@Bunnyhop wrote:

Rogers owns freedom now

Rogers does not own Freedom.

Bunnyhop

Rogers owns freedom now

@SimonGood wrote:

Thanks for the free gift of 240GB which you promptly took back off me when I responded by changing to a cheaper plan as any sane person would. Apparently I broke a condition you didn't share with me. Please reply so I can complain to the CRTC

@SimonGood You are out of luck if you expect a reply here. Open a ticket using the chat bubble and complain. Then you have proof that you engaged PM.

SimonGood

Thanks for the free gift of 240GB which you promptly took back off me when I responded by changing to a cheaper plan as any sane person would. Apparently I broke a condition you didn't share with me. Please reply so I can complain to the CRTC

Bunnyhop

Don't make excuses for the big corpo.

Matty1234
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to Fizz and live in Victoria BC, everything seems fine so far. I can't remember what speeds I was getting with Public Mobile but this is what I have for Fizz:

Screenshot_20240410-094128.png

Not sure why the server is all the way in Montreal and not somewhere closer like Vancouver or even in Alberta 

Need Help? Let's chat.