cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

@LitlLdy wrote:

Maybe at this Walmart they either didn't know or didn't want to bother ringing one up but said they don't sell sim cards. They were walking around bored, ha-ha.

I suggest ordering online. There's no need to look for a sim card.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

I have purchased PM sims at my local Walmart. I'd say they were out of stock or perhaps wanted to sell you something else.

I don't think Walmart has different policies in different stores, do they?

Maybe at this Walmart they either didn't know or didn't want to bother ringing one up but said they don't sell sim cards. They were walking around bored, ha-ha.

@LitlLdy wrote:

I thought Walmart was since it showed as listed but when I went there the Employees said no. They said they do not sell Sim only. They only sell Phones with Sims!

They get no commision if you buy a sim and activate later. 

I have purchased PM sims at my local Walmart. I'd say they were out of stock or perhaps wanted to sell you something else.

I don't think Walmart has different policies in different stores, do they?

@GinYVR wrote:

@computergeek541I would assume so, since London Drugs, Walmart is listed  on their Participating Retailers https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/store-locator

I thought Walmart was since it showed as listed but when I went there the Employees said no. They said they do not sell Sim only. They only sell Phones with Sims!

@AE_Collector wrote:

@Obice wrote:

Hmmm, take $10 off permanently and then we could be in business. Smiley Very Happy

Well, you are in luck! PM can come very close to your ideal plan.

Skip this promo, go with the $25 plan (there is the permant $10 reduction) that has 1Gb and you have what you want, the only loss is the relatively small reduction from 1.5Gb to 1Gb of data. 

AE_Collector

Well, I didn't realize that! That would have been a better deal for me!

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Devons76 wrote:

Can someone clarify "new customer"? I have one sim activated for my daughter, but I plan to leave a big carrier for PM by activating a second sim. Does this qualify as a new customer?

It means you have to activate a new line. Yes, you qualify.

I am not positive but you should also be able to use her referral code to get an extra (one time) $10 off. Every little bit helps 🙂

@Devons76 wrote:

Can someone clarify "new customer"? I have one sim activated for my daughter, but I plan to leave a big carrier for PM by activating a second sim. Does this qualify as a new customer?

It means you have to activate a new line. Yes, you qualify.

Devons76
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Obice wrote:

Hmmm, take $10 off permanently and then we could be in business. Smiley Very Happy

Well, you are in luck! PM can come very close to your ideal plan.

Skip this promo, go with the $25 plan (there is the permant $10 reduction) that has 1Gb and you have what you want, the only loss is the relatively small reduction from 1.5Gb to 1Gb of data. 

AE_Collector

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@starknits Yes you will loose the benefits because of this clause “ OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.“

@opr8tr wrote:

Just signed up two plans at Walmart two days ago. Is there anyway to change it to qualify?

Sorry, but to qualify for a promotion, the terms of it need to be followed while the promotion is active.You can ask but I doubt that it would be added.

opr8tr
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just signed up two plans at Walmart two days ago. Is there anyway to change it to qualify?

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@starknits wrote:

If I have not registered for auto-pay and make the payment after a week of expiry. Will My no be taken away?

No, your number is safe for up to 90 days after the expiry of your last paid period.  At 90 days, if you have not reactivated the plan by making a payment, the account would be deleted and your phone number gone.

starknits
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I have not registered for auto-pay and make the payment after a week of expiry. Will My no be taken away?

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

@Nezgar wrote:

So basically you can get a 5GB data plan for $28/mo for 6 months. ($40, -$10 promo, -$2 autopay) then decide what to change to after.

The first month is $40 and there's no autopay funds to use until the renewal.

This promo takes the $10 off at activation and then adds $10 credits 5 more times. The $2 Autopay gets added as a credit for the first credit card payment as well. So yes, it boils down to $28 plus tax though will be $30 plus tax up front for the $40 plan.

AE_Collector

@Nezgar wrote:

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

Right -- so the card would be charged $40 initially, then you'd acquire the $12 of credit, and the next 6 months charge would only be $28?

Your 2nd month would be $2 less because you get autopay credit for 1st and 2nd month.

@cellphoneuser1 wrote:

Right -- so the card would be charged $40 initially, then you'd acquire the $12 of credit, and the next 6 months charge would only be $28?

@TLGuan wrote:

That' a good news. But I haven't received this promotion. My other three numbers got it on the second day of activation. I don't know why my number does have it. I was told it could happen in 72 hours. However, it hasn't worked yet.Smiley Frustrated

Are you referring to the $10 credit for using a referral code to activate? It can take a couple of days to show up in the account.

Not sure if it was you or not, someone posted a couple of days ago saying they didn't get their $10 credit for using a referral code but the three other phones they transferred to PM did get theirs. The consensus reply was the first new account like.y didn't use a referral code but then the next three accounts used the first new accounts referral code. I don't recall seeing a response back again. Not you?

AE_Collector

@Nezgar wrote:

So basically you can get a 5GB data plan for $28/mo for 6 months. ($40, -$10 promo, -$2 autopay) then decide what to change to after.

It's a good referal opportunity, with enough time to let people consider it compared to the recent 48 hour deals.

My dad activated my mom's phone yesterday, D'oh! But good for his own if he jumps next now. 🙂

@cork99 wrote:

call dropped alot after 30 seconds to to 2 mins  and lte bouncing from lte to 3g before on safari and facecrap and twitter

All calls are on 3g. It needs to do that (the switching, not the dropped calls).

cork99
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

u hear good things. thats what made come back and we all should appreciate the mods and main helpers here

@vpakwong wrote:

I want a free sim card how do I get it for lowest $15 plan?

Use someone's referral code; you will receive a $10 credit. That's the only way.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

cork99

and going no service alot before  just wow thought i wouldnt come back but here i am

Lapis_19
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@cork99 wrote:

awesome just signed up hope i dont have troubles again with service 

Welcome! You got a really good promo and things are improving at PM with all of the community's help, for what I have read up to now, so lets all keep a good vibe.

cork99

call dropped alot after 30 seconds to to 2 mins  and lte bouncing from lte to 3g before on safari and facecrap and twitter

@cork99 wrote:

You'll probably be good. Most don't have problems. What happened last time?

cork99

Need Help? Let's chat.