cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Until November 21, get $10 off for the first 6 months when you activate on a $35/mo plan or more

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer has been extended to Sunday November 24th, 2019 11:59PM EST. 

Hey Community,

Effective immediately to November 21, 2019 at 11:59PM ET, new customers who activate online or in-store at participating retailers on a $35/mo plan or higher will receive $10 off for the first 6 months. This will be applied as an account credit and the offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

1. Purchase a SIM Card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  2. Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home.
  3. Follow the step-by-step instructions for activating online until you get to step 3, “Plans and Add-Ons”.
  4. Be sure to select a plan $35/mo or more.
  5. Continue through the rest of the steps.

Here’s what else you should know:

• Only plans $35/mo or greater are eligible for this offer.
  • Eligible customers will receive $10 credit for months 1-6, then resume paying full price from month 7 and onwards. Credit is non-refundable and non-redeemable for cash.
  • The first credit will be applied to all eligible accounts within 30 days of activation. Remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date.
  • You will also be able to see the credits you’ve received by logging in to Self-Serve.
  • If you switch your rate plan, OR fall into a suspend or inactive state while on the promotion, you will no longer be eligible for this promotion.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- Public Mobile Community Team

298 REPLIES 298

@vpakwong wrote:

I want a free sim card how do I get it for lowest $15 plan?

Try a retailer that might give away a sim if you activate. This promo is only for a $35 or higher plan.

@TLGuan wrote:

That' a good news. But I haven't received this promotion. My other three numbers got it on the second day of activation. I don't know why my number does have it. I was told it could happen in 72 hours. However, it hasn't worked yet.Smiley Frustrated

How can that be when this promotion started today?  This promotion has details that say up to 30 days.

vpakwong
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I want a free sim card how do I get it for lowest $15 plan?

TLGuan

That' a good news. But I haven't received this promotion. My other three numbers got it on the second day of activation. I don't know why my number does have it. I was told it could happen in 72 hours. However, it hasn't worked yet.Smiley Frustrated

@AE_Collector wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Agree, just the official announcement was a little confusing,

I am trying to recall a Promo announcement that hasn't been at least "a little confusing"!

AE_Collector

Indeed: 🙂

@dabr wrote:

Agree, just the official announcement was a little confusing,

I am trying to recall a Promo announcement that hasn't been at least "a little confusing"!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

If @giguot @got the $10 reduction up front i don't think there is anything to worry about. Makes no sense that dealer activations are okay but walmart and London Drugs aren't participating. 

AE_Collector

Agree, just the official announcement was a little confusing, but it's good to hear customers can get the promotion from these vendors if they need.

If @giguot @got the $10 reduction up front i don't think there is anything to worry about. Makes no sense that dealer activations are okay but walmart and London Drugs aren't participating. 

AE_Collector

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@giguot wrote:

Tiana_V @ PM.  Where did you get info that Walmart is excluded from $10 off 6 mos deal? I just subscribed today when the agent pulled up this deal on his screen. Does this mean I won't get it?

Interesting...hopefully, Tiana_V will reply and clarify soon.  I'm sure others would like to know too.

Clarify what exactly? She already posted Walmart & London are not "officially" participating: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-November-21-get-10-off-for-the-fi...

@Luddite  Just looked at your link and I guess I'm a little confused because Tiana_V states LD and Walmart "are not" participating in this promotion.  But if 'unofficially' they are, that's good news for anyone needing to get a SIM/activate instore at those vendors. 

@dabr wrote:

@giguot wrote:

Tiana_V @ PM.  Where did you get info that Walmart is excluded from $10 off 6 mos deal? I just subscribed today when the agent pulled up this deal on his screen. Does this mean I won't get it?

Interesting...hopefully, Tiana_V will reply and clarify soon.  I'm sure others would like to know too.

Clarify what exactly? She already posted Walmart & London are not "officially" participating: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Until-November-21-get-10-off-for-the-fi...

PM rarely responds on weekends so don't expect an official response until Monday.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@giguot wrote:

giguot
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

giguot

I subscribed to PM at a Walmart location today for the $10 off 6 month deal. The agent pulled it up on his screen. Do you mean to tell me that PM won't honour it?

giguot

Just subscribed to PM this afternoon at Walmart and agent pulled up screen with special offer of $10 off per month for 6 months so where did this info come from that Walmart was excluded?

@KLim0001 wrote:

Thank you for clarifying. 

If you just activated yesterday AND you activated on a $35 or higher plan, it might be worth asking a moderator if they can do anything for you. But if it was prior to yesterday OR less than a $35 plan I don't think I would bother.

For anyone who is good with the $25/1Gb plan, there is little benefit in spending $10 more to save $10 and Only get 1.5Gb rather than 1Gb. 

AE_Collector

Maude6119

Je suis une nouvelle cliente depuis le 11 novembre...C'est plate que la promo soit disponible seulement pour les nouveaux membres.

KLim0001

Thank you for clarifying. 

@KLim0001The work around will negate the savings of $60.. since you will forfeit the amount your newly activated plan, you will need another provider's SIM card to port out your current number and a new Public Mobile SIM card.

KLim0001

So, do I need a new SIM card to open another account? What would be a work around? Thanks for your help. 

@KLim0001Unless you open another account, the answer is no.

KLim0001

Hi,

I have been waiting for this sale and I couldn't wait anymore, so I activated yesterday! Do you think there is a way to still benefit from the promotion? Thanks!

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

When I signed someone up for the RBC Rewards promo ($10x6 months plus a 5GB add-on) we got the credit during sign up - we only got charged $30 + tax on a $40 plan for the first month set up. 

So yes - it seems different - for the better. 

@ShawnC13 

That was how I thought it usually went as well but that isn't what @JacobChris says happened when he activated. Activated $40 plan, charged $30 plus tax and a $10 credit landed in account for his next renewal. He used a referral but hasn't seen that $10 yet as it typically takes 48 hours or so to show up.

I recall another recent $10 off promotion, maybe the $10 credit for first 3 months promotion a few months back where a new customer also reported being charged $10 less up front. Seems like the new way with plans that have money off up front as opposed to the second month free type credits.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Welcome aboard Jacob! 

Interesting that it sounds as though this is how Public Mobile is now handling the $10 credits for x number of months. I a fairly certain that you used to pay full price Initially and then get $10 credits back into your account each month. I'm sure that led to disagreements about the price at dealers and enquires to moderators that hopefully won't be needed now. Another small improvement!

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector, you will still need to pay the full initial price and will get your first $10 credit within 30 days and the others prior to your renewal dates

promo.JPG

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Tiana_V  - Is this available at all authorized retailers including Walmart and London Drugs?

@Tiana_V  I'm a little confused...how do you find a participating retailer? To purchase a SIM card you provide a link but is that also for the activation availability for the promotion? If so great 2 of my favourite little guys are listed but it also includes London drugs. So is it a hit and miss situation? Just want to be sure before I promote the latest promotion.

Welcome aboard Jacob! 

Interesting that it sounds as though this is how Public Mobile is now handling the $10 credits for x number of months. I a fairly certain that you used to pay full price Initially and then get $10 credits back into your account each month. I'm sure that led to disagreements about the price at dealers and enquires to moderators that hopefully won't be needed now. Another small improvement!

AE_Collector

JacobChris

Just switched to PM on the $40 plan from Eastlink. Everything went smoothly and my number ported over within 10 minutes. Just wanted to add that the $10 for 6 months promotion was added when creating my account, and I was only charged $30 plus tax for this first month.

Thanks everyone for the help! Glad to finally make the switch after weeks of lurking in the community for a good promo haha

@maheshboloor 

It is the nature of the beast that new one time incentives are for new customers only.

I look at new customer promotions as an opportunity to close the deal on some referrals! I seem to always have a couple of friends that just need an extra push to make the move and a good promotion is usually just what is needed to get them hooked!

AE_Collector

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I know black friday is next week, but can existing customers expect any deals then? It seems like all deals are for new customers only.

@Ed404 wrote:

Again with a promo needing a $35 plan 😞

The 6 month $10 credit promos have always been on $30 or higher plans I believe. (Not that long ago the $25 plan was $30). If watching for a deal on a lower priced plan the "second month free via credits" Promos are more likely to work for you though it still might need a minimum of $25/month. The difference is that you get your new customer credits as one lump sum closer to the beginning and you can change plans downwards as soon as for your second month.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.