cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: UPDATED: Public Mobile response to COVID-19

You MUST have an Active plan before you can get any add-ons. Make sure to add sufficient $$ to renew your plan for 30 days. If you wait until 90 days since after last renewal...that account is closed for good. You'd need a new sim and account.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Cottagegirl  You may reactivate a suspended account online or by calling 611.
Via your account online
1. If you have already registered, or will first register, a credit card, go to step 2. OR deposit a voucher for at least your plan cost and go to step 3.
2. Go to the payment tab, select single payment and  amount due.
3. Select the reactivate account button.
4. Restart your phone.
or You can also use 611 to make your payment.:
1. press 1 to make payment
2. press 2 credit card ( or 1 voucher)
3. press 1 amount due.
4. Restart your phone.

Let us know if it works. Thanks Then buy your roaming addon. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn’t know I could buy an add on After I reactivate and make payment.

so I reactivate and pay $20 then go back and add on US roaming? 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Yes @Cottagegirl  and don't forget to enable data and roaming and restart your phone. 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote:

• Eligible customers: Customers who have purchased and used any US Roaming Add-On from March 13 to April 30th, 2020. Note that usage of a US Roaming Add-On is mandatory.

@Alan_K thank you for this!  However, I wanted to ask for clarity on the part in bold above, as it could be interpreted in a couple of different ways:

1) You have to actually use the purchased US Roaming add-on(s) (connect to a US tower at least?) in order to qualify for the credit back, OR

2) US roaming isn't being automatically enabled for everyone for free; you must still purchase the US Roaming add-on(s) you need--with a later credit back--to enable the services you need while away.

The two are quite different.  Interpretation 1 would mean you that if your trip got cancelled, you would be out the $'s you spent on any US Roaming add-on(s) during the applicable time period.  Interpretation 2 I do not believe carries that same implication.  

Could you please clarify?  Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just want to say thank-you to Public Mobile, for refunding our US Roaming Add-Ons. My wife and I were on our way to Florida a couple of weeks ago. Our trip was cut short due to Covid-19. We're back in Canada self-isolating and doing well (no symptoms). Our US roaming was fully credited today. THANK-YOU!  A big thumbs up to Public Mobile. 🙂

Highlighted
Public Mobile

@srlawren I can definitely clarify. You would need to have pinged a US network and used at least part of the US roaming Add-On during the eligible time period. If you purchased a US Roaming Add-On but did not physically travel to the US, the credit back would not apply.

Customers must still purchase a US Roaming Add-On to get connected if they are in the states; it's not being added automatically for them, but they would receive credit back as long as they connected to a US network.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren I can definitely clarify. You would need to have pinged a US network and used at least part of the US roaming Add-On during the eligible time period. If you purchased a US Roaming Add-On but did not physically travel to the US, the credit back would not apply.

Customers must still purchase a US Roaming Add-On to get connected if they are in the states; it's not being added automatically for them, but they would receive credit back as long as they connected to a US network.

Thank you very much @Alan_K.  So, in effect, it's both 1 AND 2.  Yeah that kind of makes sense.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Been with PM for a year, never regret! Love PM!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Busy signal by phone today again