Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Contributors - May 2020

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hi Community, 

Thank you to everyone who contributed to the great conversations on the Community last month! The Community could not be such a great place to get support without you all. 

We’d like to give a special thanks to all our members who earned Community Rewards for their contributions. These members were able to make a big impact and support their fellow Community members by providing detailed and high quality solutions. We’re constantly looking to improve how we recognize users who make our Community so great and provide amazing support. We’ve recently made slight changes to our Rewards calculations to ensure that we emphasize and reward the high quality contributions of members. 

A huge thank you to our Oracles, who go above and beyond by not only starting healthy discussions, but also help others to better understand our services and contribute to our awesome Community on a daily basis.

A big congrats to the three Community members who earned the Top 1% Reward. The daily work of these awesome folks is truly amazing! 

And a big shout out as well to the nine members who earned the Top 5% Reward and the twelve members who were in the Top 10%! Their contributions to the Community should not go unnoticed. 

Together, the Community members in the top 1%, 5% and 10% had a total of 370 accepted solutions in May. Thank you all for your amazing work providing these quality solutions!

A monthly badge for your contribution level has been added to your Community profile.  A Community Reward will be given to all the contributors on a reward-eligible plan on your next payment due date.

Tiana_V_0-1591985450527.png

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor? Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a great post? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Tiana_V_1-1591985450530.png

If someone is able to deliver a great solution to your problem, mark their response as an “Accepted Solution” to appreciate the efforts of your helper.

Tiana_V_2-1591985450667.png

- The Public Mobile Community Team

96 REPLIES 96

Eliza5
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello Everyone,

The original message seems like it is locked.

Would also like to congratulate the top contributors and everyone who makes an effort to help out the community.  Thank you!

1547928.png

@Eliza5 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@will13am 

How is I'm to blame for this? I posted my "congratulatory" commentary along with the list of member rankings. Then a discussion about the evolutionary changes of community reward calculations was brought up among @pm-smayer97  @ShawnC13 and @Korth . After much discussion among themselves I decided to comment. Then @Anonymous takes it upon himself to add this to the "discussion" :

@darlicious 

Say what now?! Coming from the one that went to war over being able to talk about just about everything in the Discussions category....

I suppose as one of the few women participating on a regular basis in the community i should just shut up and take it? Should I flip off my shoes and get in the kitchen while I'm at it? If I'm going to be needlessly called out....im going to respond and stand up for myself!

You know.....ive mentioned before a big salad with lots of stuff in it would be a lot healthier by still provide that savoury crunch factor you are seeking while being entertained.

Fantastic. Now the woman card has been pulled. I've already explained my motivations behind what I said. It was in response to you saying these things should just as well be dumped down to the lounge which I found a little rich coming from you after all your wars.

This:

darlicious wrote:

So why do we bother with this announcement thread at all? As I said originally its just an easy bravo earner for those with a quick draw. We already get notified of the badges being awarded and all discussion on the subject can be left to the unofficial thread in the lounge.

@computergeek541 

Again I apologize....if it makes you feel better I'll edit my post so others don't misunderstand as well. Your call.....

@will13am 

How is I'm to blame for this? I posted my "congratulatory" commentary along with the list of member rankings. Then a discussion about the evolutionary changes of community reward calculations was brought up among @pm-smayer97  @ShawnC13 and @Korth . After much discussion among themselves I decided to comment. Then @Anonymous takes it upon himself to add this to the "discussion" :

@darlicious 

Say what now?! Coming from the one that went to war over being able to talk about just about everything in the Discussions category....

I suppose as one of the few women participating on a regular basis in the community i should just shut up and take it? Should I flip off my shoes and get in the kitchen while I'm at it? If I'm going to be needlessly called out....im going to respond and stand up for myself!

You know.....ive mentioned before a big salad with lots of stuff in it would be a lot healthier but still provide that savoury crunch factor you are seeking while being entertained.

@mimmo wrote:

@darlicious , @pm-smayer97  it also could be that it a marketing tool/ transparency tool, to say hey we gave out rewards.

As for the the shout out, leader board, I am sure there was reasoning behind thoseythose decisions.

As for determining who got what if it's that important for you, the tools are available and you just need to take   it upon yourself to do the leg work.

Maybe it's time to focus on the core function of the community (providing support)  rather than dwelling on statistics,  the constant bickering/ tracking Bravo's, speculation  on rewards based on Bravo's etc.  I'm sure it will lead to a much more enjoyable experience for all involved.

Absolutely it IS a marketing tool. Of course it is. We all know that is part of their selling point.

But if PM was truly worried about threads like this garnering "bonuses" of whatever kind, they could easily post and lock the thread...but they do not. The problem arises when people get into snits and complain about someone trying to game the system...people get VERY defensive and protective.

Not sure why any one cares so much...after all, it is not like there is a lot of money at stake...most people, even when they try will only earn a small amount. They can get ANY job or trade or invest and earn more money that can be earned here. So I do not know why so many get all worked up about it....but enough did...that is why there is no Leaderboard anymore. Pointless, as I pointed out.

And as I have said, I do like musing about their system...for one main reason...I like playing with numbers. Another forum I am in (for which I am one of the equivalent "oracles" for a product with a much bigger customer base) for the longest time we ran a thread about different number patterns we see in real life...just for fun. It keeps people engaged on a lighter note.

I agree...too much bickering over nothing...  making mountains out of mole hills...It would be a much more pleasant place if people would just "live and let live" (as long as no harm was being done) and not be so exacting.

@computergeek541 of course you didn't 😉

It's more of the talk of how I almost magically went up in the leaderboard and the mention of moved threads that might have put me ahead. Specifically, I did not move that large thread discussing bravos.

@computergeek541 

I apologise if you took my comment as meaning you didn't earn your top 1% badge. It was a compliment.....i did say your part of the dream team. Or did you take that as sarcasm? Again my apologies for the misunderstanding?

@computergeek541 wrote:

The implications that I do not deserve top 1% are very disappointing.  I've stayed silient about this part until now, but the rewards are decided by a computer. This arguing is the type of stuff that makes me not want to come here on some days.

There is plenty of room under the bus, welcome!  You are not the first to be tossed under and you won't be the last.  

The implications that I do not deserve top 1% are very disappointing.  I've stayed silient about this part until now, but the rewards are decided by a computer. This arguing is the type of stuff that makes me not want to come here on some days.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Popcorn time, I mean chip time.  This is entertaining if not tragic.  Typical discord in the community yet again.  @darlicious , I kind of understand where you are coming from.  However, the approach and demeanor is so polarizing.  Prior to your appearance in the community, this thread goes no further than members patting each other and one self on the back for a job well done and we all move on feeling better about ourselves.  How do you turn what is a celebration into a verbal barrage?  Can we seek out common interests rather than disunity?  Time to get something to wash down the salt.  BRB for more entertainment.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

You keep discussing it.....i will continue to answer.

So you're once again dragging up the old grudge about the Oracles and rekindling your war. Great.

Oh...have I? Because in making my point to you I brought up an example of what I feel is a misplaced (in the lounge) thread? Or are you trying to insinuate I have a grudge against the oracles? I don't think I do I just question their decisions on occasion so I better understand them and their motivations. I hope you know how to swim when you go jump in a lake!

You have waged an endless war against them to the point of dragging poor Tiana into the pettiness of it all and continuing your campaign against them. I'm not insinuating...I said it.

I say again...oh well. Why set your hair on fire over any of it?

@Anonymous 

You keep discussing it.....i will continue to answer.

So you're once again dragging up the old grudge about the Oracles and rekindling your war. Great.

Oh...have I? Because in making my point to you I brought up an example of what I feel is a misplaced (in the lounge) thread? Or are you trying to insinuate I have a grudge against the oracles? I don't think I do I just question their decisions on occasion so I better understand them and their motivations. I hope you know how to swim when you go jump in a lake!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

I have never said I wanted my bravos for my cats Minty and Marcus to count towards my participation on the community. But why isn't the thread about half price sim cards in the lounge? Why isn't it in discussions or better yet....retail? Whose description reads as follows:

Tell us about your in store experiences at retail locations where you’ve purchased Public Mobile vouchers/SIM cards.

But writing about whatever in Discussions is doing exactly that...bravo-able.

I would have to say that many of those kinds of threads started out all fine and stayed bravo-able. Then they devolved into (yes purely my opinion) meaningless me too's. Then they got moved. Oh well. Why is this the end of the world for you to go to war over?

And yes the irony (hypocrisy?) is not lost on me that we continue this fruitless "discussion".

Have you not noticed the near complete lack of bravo's? Oh wait you got one.

@Anonymous 

I have never said I wanted my bravos for my cats Minty and Marcus to count towards my participation on the community. But why is the thread about half price sim cards in the lounge? Why isn't it in discussions or better yet....retail? Whose description reads as follows:

Tell us about your in store experiences at retail locations where you’ve purchased Public Mobile vouchers/SIM cards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

I'm happy to concentrate on providing help/support but as @Naepalm just mentioned when there's only one new question every 2 hours maxing out at 12 per day with at least 25 members here everyday wanting to provide help/support how is not having any other discussion, no repetive posts going to keep members engaged? Let alone recruiting and retaining new members? Shall we have a waiting list that we rotate thru so every member who wants to provide support gets a fair chance at answering a question and helping out? That way two members can have an opportunity to answer the same single question per day and have their imput without having any extraneous discussions that could take away from the purpose of the community....to provide help/support  to public mobile customers.

BTW.....could someone please get an eraser and get rid of the "and share ideas." part at the top of the community landing page? Is seems to be an outdated part of the community's motto.

No to the controlling of who answers what. Who the heck would be the judge of that?

As for ongoing content to engage and participate...We. Have. The. Lounge. Share all the ideas you want. People might say something in whatever thread like I dunno pets or something. I don't care for dogs so I don't care. I would say I'm partial to cats but not bravo-partial. Can't stand the racket of a murder of crows so don't care. And no none of that to say no one else might. It's. The. Lounge.

Oh wait...but you want to be able to earn rewards and bravos and solutions for cat videos. I forgot.

I would have to agree that I too am surprised this all hasn't long since been shunted off to the lounge.

@Anonymous @mimmo 

You are both happy enough to provide your opinions to my comments adding to a discussion that is still in the announcement thread contributing to the very thing that you find offensive. And why?  Because otherwise you would be staring at the landing hoping for some poor soul having an issue with their phone/service that you can hopefully pounce upon before @gblackma does and gets the solution? Lighten up on the whole discussions thing.....you could be in the lounge enjoying my murder thread (murder of crows.....if you don't know that already.) Oh but wait that inexplicably got deleted!

Well at least @gpixel is entertained. Have you filled your bowl with popcorn or are you a chip man? Personally I gravitate towards dill pickle as my preferred flavour.

@mimmo 

We can only speculate on public mobiles reasoning behind what they do...and why. We ask these questions and discuss our opinions among ourselves....that were naturally derived from this thread.

I do take advantage of the tools available to do the leg work to satisfy my own curiosity and provide that information for others if they are curious themselves and can't be bothered or don't have the time to do it themselves. You dont have to tell me......or did you miss or just skip over my original post in this thread? Certainly your choice to do so.......just don't tell me to do something I've already done....

If you're going to comment on disseminating statistics......then you should include all participants when addressing your opinion. Or do your fellow oracles get a pass on this kind of thing? (Sorry @ShawnC13 I appreciate your efforts and our common fascination with stats but if we are to be admonished by @mimmo it should be done fairly and across the board!)

I'm happy to concentrate on providing help/support but as @Naepalm just mentioned when there's only one new question every 2 hours maxing out at 12 per day with at least 25 members here everyday wanting to provide help/support how is not having any other discussion, no repetive posts going to keep members engaged? Let alone recruiting and retaining new members? Shall we have a waiting list that we rotate thru so every member who wants to provide support gets a fair chance at answering a question and helping out? That way two members can have an opportunity to answer the same single question per day and have their imput without having any extraneous discussions that could take away from the purpose of the community....to provide help/support  to public mobile customers.

BTW.....could someone please get an eraser and get rid of the "and share ideas." part at the top of the community landing page? Is seems to be an outdated part of the community's motto.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Yup. My opinion. That's all I got. It happens to be shared with others but here we are. And of course you have your own dream team that would agree with you. All of that does indeed make a community.

You know full well that there have been many a thread having exactly nothing to do with anything Public Mobile related ending up somewhere bravo-able. It somewhat promptly gets dumped down to the lounge and then hissy fits ensue with the smell of burnt hair thick in the air over it all.

I reject your rationalization over lounge/discussions. It had all been way too abused.

I agree with Naepalm, it has got quite quiet around here now for several days. That frenzy of a couple months ago for a couple months is what triggered all this navel gazing and bringing unwanted scrutiny by the company wondering what all the fuss is about. That and unpleasant arguments and calling on the teacher for final proclamations.

So with all this quietening down maybe things can just settle back down to a reasonably predictable state rather than all this crazy unrest. Like this.

"this is like a heavyweight championship boxing match, folks. and both of them are standing right in the middle of the ring, trading blows!" 👊💪

@Anonymous 

Pointless and irrelevelant to whom? To you? You are certainly entitled to your opinion but is your opinion the harbinger of all community members opinions? Are discussions about the community not public mobile related? If your on the side that only bravo worthy posts should be help/support related why haven't you asked an oracle to split this thread already and move it to the lounge? Or for that matter why not drum up support to have all announcement threads to be non bravo worthy since they are generally a discussion and if help/support questions come up they can then be split and moved to a bravo earning category?

My lounge vs discussions argument is based on new members being able to contribute and participate on the community and earn a reward while they avail themselves of the information provided here to learn about public mobile and the community so they can eventually be able to help other members. The whole point is to attract and retain new members and keep them engaged. If we tell them or admonish them for trying to help but without a significant amount of knowledge to be helpful or worst yet be detrimental with their posts why would they want to stick around?

You have a choice on whether or not you want to bestow one of your precious bravos on a post. You choose to exercise that choice infrequently which is your privilege. Limiting that ability of others to make that choice isn't yours to make. Let others decide what is important to them....or what they find to be pointless and irrevelant ....maybe they'll choose that to be your opinion.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious , @pm-smayer97  it also could be that it a marketing tool/ transparency tool, to say hey we gave out rewards.

As for the the shout out, leader board, I am sure there was reasoning behind thoseythose decisions.

As for determining who got what if it's that important for you, the tools are available and you just need to take   it upon yourself to do the leg work.

Maybe it's time to focus on the core function of the community (providing support)  rather than dwelling on statistics,  the constant bickering/ tracking Bravo's, speculation  on rewards based on Bravo's etc.  I'm sure it will lead to a much more enjoyable experience for all involved.

@darlicious

"new father with his 10th child can't slow him down @Naepalm , @gblackma and @computergeek541 are the new public mobile support dream team"

Lol if that cant slow him down haha
Its been pretty quiet around here though I can check in 2 hours later and only one new question has been asked. Looks like now that people are starting to get back to work the questions are slowing. I have noticed @gpixel and @RossN have really stepped up recently.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious wrote:

@Anonymous 

Yes .....my commentary coming from the person who vehemently argues the discussions vs lounge topic. This entire discussion still being in the original top contributors announcement thread. I don't have a problem with that.....but it makes me wonder why it is if I start the topic with community statistics or bravos or post counts or the like it gets condemned by so many and summarily moved to the lounge or deleted all together?!! I suggest the opposite......keep these discussions in the lounge and you jump down my throat for that! So just what are you trying to say with your sarcasm? Pick your position and stick to it rather than flip flopping around like a politician desperately trying to get re-elected.

@darlicious 

I have already said that they should just remove the Discussions category having The Lounge. Then you can doodle around with whatever you want to say and no one needs to care...least of all me.

So my comment was about you saying that this should be moved to the lounge when you were the one at war trying to keep pointless, irrelevant threads bravo-able.

@pm-smayer97 

I agree with you.....thus they should return to it being an actual shout out instead of making one of the community members do the legwork and list the top 3 badge levels (made all that much harder by the elimination of the bravo leaderboard.)

@ShawnC13 

Nice work on the numbers.....it works out the same working from the bottom up or vice versa. And of course it's all speculation....but at least it gives all the new members an idea of how it all works in regards to their inquiries on how to earn community rewards and what kind of participation is required and the time spent to qualify for a low level reward.

@Anonymous 

Yes .....my commentary coming from the person who vehemently argues the discussions vs lounge topic. This entire discussion still being in the original top contributors announcement thread. I don't have a problem with that.....but it makes me wonder why it is if I start the topic with community statistics or bravos or post counts or the like it gets condemned by so many and summarily moved to the lounge or deleted all together?!! I suggest the opposite......keep these discussions in the lounge and you jump down my throat for that! So just what are you trying to say with your sarcasm? Pick your position and stick to it rather than flip flopping around like a politician desperately trying to get re-elected.

PilotCass
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Congratulations all! Very well deserved! I have only been a part of the community for a very short time, but it is amazing to see all of the support really come together from everyone.

Awesome experience and amazing community!

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Congrats to all contributors.  This is what, in my opinion, makes PM stand out.

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 @ShawnC13 

Agreed.

So why do we bother with this announcement thread at all? As I said originally its just an easy bravo earner for those with a quick draw. We already get notified of the badges being awarded and all discussion on the subject can be left to the unofficial thread in the lounge.

Maybe because PM might see enough comments and choose to make it a TRUE shout out again?

After all, one of the objectives by PM is to increase participation. To do that, you need to keep participants engaged. This thread helps serve that purpose. Get rid of it, especially after getting rid of the Leaderboard, will only be one more reason for people to not stay engaged. This thread is a nice reminder to keep coming back, whether it be for the entertainment value, or the possibility to earn a few Bravos, or whatever...

@ShawnC13yes thanks...that is actually correct...I just was doing a quick reply to communicate the gist of the idea but should have included the subtraction from other levels.  Been a while since I spent the time thinking it all the way through. oops.

P.S. I did not check your numbers but again, the general concept is the valid.

BUT like you said, we do not know the actual formula

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious 

Say what now?! Coming from the one that went to war over being able to talk about just about everything in the Discussions category...

Need Help? Let's chat.