cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Text Message Issues for Recently Ported Numbers

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 9:00AM ET 15/05/2024]: A solution for this issue has been successfully implemented last night. Any customer who experienced issues with their SMS service after transferring their number should now have their service fully restored. 

Please note that moving forward, customers transferring their number from another provider may need to wait up to 1 hour after the transfer for SMS services to be fully initiated.

--

Hello Community,

We want to address a current issue some of our customers are experiencing. After porting their phone numbers to Public Mobile, a few customers have reported not receiving text messages. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Immediate Solution:

If you've recently ported your number to us and are facing issues with receiving or sending texts, please contact a Customer Support Agent directly via our chatbot. Our agents are equipped to apply a fix that should resolve the issue promptly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to ensure a smooth experience for everyone affected. We will keep you updated on our progress.

- The Public Mobile Team

172 REPLIES 172

mesopotamian
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

no texts yet

Vs95

Just wondering how everyone is getting the text messages to work now? I activated my service on Sunday and they opened a ticket, still nothing. I’m not receiving any texts. They asked me for the short codes — unfortunately, I do not know all of the short codes for the texts I receive from my various banks and providers. I was able to find CRA’s on txt.ca, but cannot find Sun Life’s — does anyone have this? Just getting really worried and regretting switching if I cannot get any text messages 

Sarama

It took a bit, but they got it working!

Tridus

My family ported over multiple phones over the weekend and it happened to all of them. That doesn't mean its literally everyone, but it seems pretty widespread. It doesn't seem to be an issue if you get a new phone number though, just if you are porting an existing number.

Tamalyn

Is this issue happening with all new subscriptions or just some of them?

MartinLavoie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I sent them a message yesterday they refresh my thing and had to reset my phone and all is working now.  I know it gets frustrating but with a bit of patience it gets to work 

good luck

MartinLavoie

All is back, an employee reset my thing and had to restart my phone and all is working normally, thanks you all

Sarama

I'm having this issue, waiting for a customer service agent to respond. Frustrating as I can't use text for TFA to access accounts! Is there a way to talk to a person to resolve this?

Marleauseb

I've never had this kind of problem, very strange!

MartinLavoie

Phone seems to work and texting as well but cannot send image via sms. Also data is no longer working. It was yesterday and this morning. Had it like for 24 hours. Payment was already taken but service is not there. 

DarrellJohansen

New client as of yesterday. Phone seems to work but no bars??

No data, no options under “Cellular” (iphone) other than “use this line”

not a great first impression and no phone support!!!!! Getting frustrated

E-sim

Jhans1729

also eSIM used to work without receiving texts now it does not work whatsoever.

hi @MartinLavoie your data issue is different from the SMS problem people have 

what phone you have?? make and model??

try Reset All Networks in your phone as well as try your sim card in another phone 

MartinLavoie

I tried now data is working but only with 3G.. kind of slow but works.  Calls works now only texto is not working ..

thanks for your info 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MartinLavoie - I am assuming that you will need to contact CS_Agent, have you used your QR code already?

It looks like this within the Welcome Email:

Welcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-1.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-2.pngWelcome to Public Mobile  copy-images-3.png

If you already tried it, please check your phone within the Cellular settings and see if it is enabled, also make sure to disable any PM non eSIM:

IMG_D585584B3954-1.png

On your phone's cellular screen press on "Public Mobile" menu

And disable any non PM eSIM / SIM like this BetterRoaming eSIM:

IMG_7307.PNG Switch it off like here: IMG_7308.PNG

Then enable PM eSIM:

IMG_7306.PNG Then enable PM eSIM via toggle: IMG_7309.PNG

It should start to work. Your iPhone 12 is eSIM compatible.

But if it doesn't work or you removed / deleted the eSIM from your phone please contact CS_Agent for a new eSIM:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1715038664863.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Backira2024

Did you message a CS agent please follow the messages from @fixin below and follow the steps. I was so angry and pissed but it took them less than 24 hours to fix the issue. Good luck 

Chris112

They seem to be quite busy, I think a lot of people are having this issue (and with the current deals a lot of people are probably coming in). I had it when I ported yesterday from Eastlink and after the first message they asked for some info. After I replied with that and explained that text messages weren't working but data/voice were (including incoming calls), they did something on their end and then it was fixed.

It took a few hours but it was sorted and things are good now. When you're stuck without text messages it doesn't feel very prompt, I'm sure, but hang in there. They can definitely sort it out. 🙂

MartinLavoie

Just change to public mobile yesterday and nothing is working not even the esim QR code, no text, no call, no data, no voice mail,  Right now it is getting me really agrivated with all those problems, not impressed.  I would need to know where to start with easy steps.  I have a iphone 12

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Jhans1729 - Just wait for CS_Agent's reply, if it is more than two days after submitting your first ticket, please submit another ticket here:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1715034090220.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Jhans1729

I submitted a ticket, do i have to PM someone else? Ive been 2 days without a phone.

Vs95

Just wanted some help/clarification on “Our agents are equipped to apply a fix that should resolve the issue promptly” — I opened a ticket with CS, who informed me that they have logged a ticket and I should hear back in 24 hours. Is there no other prompt resolution as described above?

Thank you!

thanks @MrTentacles for sharing.  Yes, it would be nice if PM will fix this for all new activation 

@Ck_PM any update?? 

MrTentacles

Sharing my experience in case it helps anyone. I switched to PM yesterday from Eastlink, and I panicked when I received an error message: "Hey it's Public Mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number... incorrect ESN/MEID." At this point, I can make calls and access 5G, but I am unable to send/receive SMS on my iPhone.

The message told me to wait and sure enough, someone from Telus called me a few hours later and asked for my Eastlink account number, which I provided. They said Eastlink confirmed it and advised me that the transfer was complete and that I should receive a confirmation message from PM.

I did not receive a confirmation message. At this point, I still couldn't send/receive SMS so I created a support ticket via the Public Mobile webchat. Someone did respond a couple of hours later asking for account verification details, which I gave. They must have applied a fix because after that, my phone lost 5G connection as though it had reset. So I turned on/off Airplane Mode and then the 5G connection was re-established. Then I was finally able to send/receive SMS! Phew! 😪

The issues didn't end there; another problem surfaced. My number was successfully ported but my iPhone somehow wouldn't recognize my number on the new network, saying that it was "unavailable for FaceTime and iMessage". Frustrated, I googled everywhere for fixes and tried to turn on/off FaceTime and iMessage but to no avail. I almost did a full network reset, too. But I read somewhere to just wait 24 hours after a successful mobile number transfer for Apple servers to recognize your new network, and sure enough after 24 hours, it finally (automatically) accepted my mobile number for FaceTime and iMessage. So relieved!! 

This was a very long-winded onboarding process with Public Mobile. Hoping permanent fixes will be put in place so that other customers will be spared the hassles.

TCoyle

Make sure you send a message to CS_Agent and they should respond within a day at the most

Backira2024

Wait for couple of hours and send them again to follow up....make sure you send the CS agent message...

dannyboysoy

Submitted a request last night for this same issue, and I haven't heard back yet. Please help!

Ashleydawn3333

Mine was finally resolved - I used this:

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I (which was posted by another user) it wouldn't load earlier for me. 

It was resolved and actioned quickly this time. 

Backira2024

Apparently it has been fixed by Carlos the agent. Thanks for your support everyone. I was really worried. Good luck with your cases. 

goosesan

Same issue, sent a support ticket, hopefully hear back soon

Defender19

Private message the support as soon as possible, it got solved after a handful of back and forth messages. It will probably take a day or two 

Need Help? Let's chat.