cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code 8B1

Skipppy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

Ever since I switched to public mobile there are certain phone numbers I can't call. I get this automated message 8B1 your call cannot be completed ....  I tried with a 1 + area code + number and without the 1 or any other combination. Still get the same result.  The number I'm trying to call is my dad's land line and it works. 

4 REPLIES 4

@eddieO wrote:

Hi @Skipppy, have you tried doing a network reset on your phone? (note: this will erase your wifi and bluetooth connections so you will need to reconnect to them)

Another suggestion has been to turn off your phone, remove your SIM card wait a minute or so and then reinsert and turn on the phone, try calling your desired number

You could get the same outcome by toggling airplane mode without all the inconveniences.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Skipppy , that could be due to network loading in the local area.  Try toggling airplane mode to re-establish connection to the network.  

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Skipppy, have you tried doing a network reset on your phone? (note: this will erase your wifi and bluetooth connections so you will need to reconnect to them)

Another suggestion has been to turn off your phone, remove your SIM card wait a minute or so and then reinsert and turn on the phone, try calling your desired number

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Skipppy 

you never able to call those number or if you waited a bit and try , it will go?

and for example, your dad number, is he with Telus?

Need Help? Let's chat.