Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[DONE] Scheduled Maintenance on May 26

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community, 

We wanted to give you an update that Activations, My Account Access and Ticket submissions will be unavailable during the following maintenance window:

May 26 | 12:00 AM EST to 10:00 AM EST   or   May 25 | 9:00 PM PST to 7:00 AM PST 

During this time you will be unable to log into: 

• My Account | Website or App
    PublicMobile.ca will still be available to view. 
  • Community
    Community will still be available to view only. 
  • Chatbot
    You will be unable to submit a ticket through our virtual assistant, but you can still ask questions for help information.

Once splash pages are down, you will be able to complete your activation or log into your account.

- The Public Mobile Team

20 REPLIES 20

TimmyS
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot make sense of how you wrote the dates: “May 26 | 12:00 AM EST to 10:00 AM EST   or   May 25 | 9:00 PM PST to 7:00 AM PST “

Should it be: 

May 26 | 12:00 AM EST to 10:00 AM EST   On may 27??? 
I am still waiting here on May 27 since May 26  

May 25 | 9:00 PM PST to 7:00 AM PST??? 

AtomicDevil

That's frustrating.  Perhaps call Rogers to see if the port out has been completed or if it's still pending.  Otherwise unfortunately you may need to wait for Public's CS to be working again.. 

TimmyS

if its a delay in the port that would be strange as i started this 24 hours ago and Rogers confirmed with a text within a few hours they were sorry to see me g. It was about that time i think I quit getting texts & frustrating no reply from CS. 

TimmyS

No luck after following that. I deleted the e sim which was not there anyway as I was SOS, turned off phone. Turned on phone. Still SOS. NO FLOOD OF ANSWERS FROM CS

My problem could be the Apple Watch data that was connected to my phoneplan?

BY NOW THEY may be CLOSED in Ontario. 

AtomicDevil

Fingers crossed!  Hopefully it's just a delay in the port that's causing the issue for you.

TimmyS

You are smarter than this old geezer!

I WILL try to follow YOUR LEAD:

Turn OFF Public the esim

reboot iPhone

when iPhone comes back on : enable the esim 

HERE GOES!

AtomicDevil

@TimmyS  I'm good now.  I turned of the esim and rebooted and the when the device was back on I enabled the esim and the text messages came flooding through.  1 hour from the port request and I'm up.  

TimmyS

Exactly. A dilemma! And CS IIS CLOSED in 10 minutes AT 5 Pm pst

TimmyS

I’m  getting forum members support, which is great. But I thought the company support would have replied by now. I saw their hours once and thought they would be closed before I can get this fixed 

AtomicDevil

I sent a private message to CS but I noticed @TimmyS  was having a similar issue.  I ported my number from Koodo using the esim option and now eversafe is trying to send a text message with a verification code but I don't have active service.

slusagm
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@AtomicDevil 

what was your question?  you sent support the question or you just post here?

if you just post here, only forum members reply.  If you need PM to help, message them

If you message them, they reply quick.  I only send them my question half an hour ago, and they replied me for verification questions.  

AtomicDevil

Hi Timmy I'm having the same issue as well.  Hopefully someone is reading these messages and can provide a solution quickly.  I also sent the a private message about the issue.

TimmyS

As a new customer coming from Rogers May 25, I have been experienced problems.  I thought my Public e-sim installed was ok. But maybe not. I did get confirmation text from Rogers hours after my assumingly successful sign up with public, saying my number was ported and they are sorry to see me go. About the same time I had no success receiving the verification texts Public said they were sending. Now today I see SOS. I am not able to make calls. I'm concerned it was a mistake to change hoping to save money on a US trip coming up in 2 days!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Ck_PM , for future suggestion I think it would help to have the maintenance banner at the top of the Community homepage also for everyone to see & not just the Shop section 🙂

IMG_0678.jpeg

Stonechucker1

The issue is most of Canada is in DST, and information in the service disruption message started wrongly.  It is off by one hour as listed at thime of this posting.

JustADad

EST and PST are standards, as there are provinces in Canada, Sask as an example that do not follow DS.  Just like most OS, there is a check box for DS, so the user should know how to apply that.

Just saying, not that your point is not valid to a certain point.

Paolo1298
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

system doesn't even work before that... been trying to pay my account since yesterday and won't accept

payment. Even my credit card company had to call me to see if I have try to make some payments

as the ridicoulus amouts of times I try to pay for a service that you guys provide.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks @Ck_PM for the info! Must be hard with all of these issues, hope this is a one and for all Maintenance time.

Stonechucker1

Can you ck the time zone listing on this. I believe you wish to reflect EDT and PDT.

In the future you could just use Eastern Time and Pacific time. Then you wouldn't have to remember the correct time zone when it changes in the summer in North America.

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If existing customers are thinking about changing their plan or if new customers are considering applying for a new activation plan, they should probably consider submitting change or activation before May 26th. Current plans may no longer be available after that date.   Good luck.

EDIT & UPDATE:  Disappointed that there were no new plans after the May 26 update.  And any improvements are not apparent.  Website and app appear to behave the same as before.  Still need to keep logging in and frequently have to type in verification code. People are still complaining about same things. 

Need Help? Let's chat.