Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exciting New Reward: Up to $100 Cashback with Neo Financial

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community,

We’re thrilled to announce a partnership with Neo Financial with Public Points to redeem a special offer for 0 points and enjoy savings of up to $100.

Offer:

Get 100% cashback up to $100 on your next Public Mobile payment when you sign up for a new Neo Credit Card. Plus, continue to earn cashback on your everyday purchases with thousands of your favourite brands with Neo.

How it works:

1. Redeem the offer in My Rewards.
  2. You'll receive a confirmation email with details on how to sign up for a Neo Credit card. You must use the sign-up link provided to get this offer.
  3. Use your new Neo Credit card to make your next payment with Public Mobile, and your cashback will be automatically credited to your Neo Rewards Wallet.

Keep an eye out for future offers in our Rewards catalog, and more opportunities on how you can redeem your points!

- The Public Mobile Team

17 REPLIES 17

Savy24
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesome deal! I am signing up now 

sashalovessalsa

This is helpful. Thank you!

Haiggy2

This worked well! I took advantage of this, and put $90 on my Public Mobile account balance, and spent $100.80 including taxes. Worked out to me paying $0.80 for $90 of PM credit. I also have already applied the $100 reward to my neo card balance.

Sushi_Combo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No thanks. Not interested in getting a new credit card lol. 

Yeah I was being generous. It's brutal. My AMEX Cobalt gets me 5% on groceries including convenience stores, so I can get 5% cash back on Public Mobile purchases by buying vouchers at 7-11. If converted to Aeroplan it's worth 10% in points.

Or my backup card for where AMEX isn't accepted is a Rogers World Elite MasterCard. No fee and 1.5% cashback on everything. If you're a Rogers cell phone customer it's even better.

@DennyCrane wrote:

Yeah I get that. I was just trying to figure out how to get the max $100 benefit. Not that I'm planning on getting the card (it's not a great card), but more so curious about how it works.

It can be an awful card.  So many of the cashback overs have ridiculous minimum spend requirements.  For example, the current Neo Mastercard cashback offer for Public Mobile spending is 5%, but it has a mimimium spend amount of $330 in 180 days.  There isn't even currently offered plan that costs that much at Public Mobile.  Customers would have to either deliberate add extra to the Public Mobile balance or have multiple Public Mobile accounts.  To make matters worse, Neo Financial constantly removes cahsback offers for specific vendors.    There's also the fact that it's possible for most transactions to earn absolutely zero cashback.   Neo advertised minimum 0.5% cashback, but that's based on the total monthly spending, meaning that if the cashback earned from another offer brings you up to 0.5% cashback overall, you get nothing for the other tranactions unless the other merchants are Neo partners.  I cut my Neo Mastercard up after a few months.  It ended up being useless to me.

Yeah I get that. I was just trying to figure out how to get the max $100 benefit. Not that I'm planning on getting the card (it's not a great card), but more so curious about how it works.

@DennyCrane wrote:

Right, good point. Just load a $100 credit manually. Thanks.

A $100 Public Mobile balance purchase wouldn't end up being entire reimbursed.  Tax would be charged but Neo is still going to issue a $100 cashback.

Right, good point. Just load a $100 credit manually. Thanks.

@DennyCrane wrote:

@computergeek541 I get that. It's just a credit card welcome bonus in exchange for using the Public Mobile referral link. What I'm not clear on is how to obtain the max benefit. The post states "Get 100% cashback up to $100 on your next Public Mobile payment", which to me means they'll credit the card for the amount of the first Public Mobile charge on the card, up to $100. I'm curious how the first charge would ever be $100, unless we took a 90 day plan.

Public Mobile customers can add payments to the Public Mobile account in any amounts that they wish.

@computergeek541 I get that. It's just a credit card welcome bonus in exchange for using the Public Mobile referral link. What I'm not clear on is how to obtain the max benefit. The post states "Get 100% cashback up to $100 on your next Public Mobile payment", which to me means they'll credit the card for the amount of the first Public Mobile charge on the card, up to $100. I'm curious how the first charge would ever be $100, unless we took a 90 day plan. My monthly payment is $34+ tax, so does that mean I'd only get $38.08 back? That's how it reads, which isn't a great incentive. 

@Benfica71 wrote:

I'm currently  on the $75.00/90 day plan.  Does this mean if I sign up for this offer my next payment will be $0.00?

Credit card cashback offers are paid out by the credit card issuer.  As customers need to use the Public Mobile provided link to activate the Neo Fianancial credit card, this promotion could be essentially be seen a Public Mobiel referring you to Neo.  Neo Fiancial pays out credit card cash back monthly.  A credit check is required to get a regular Neo Financial Mastercard.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Benfica71 - You will have to sign up with Neo Financial's credit card to receive this offer. If you have 2 CC already your personal credit score will be affected.

Also you would have to change your Automatic Payment type within My Account > Payments to get this offer after signing up for Neo Financial, receiving the Credit Card, and redeeming the offer within My Rewards.

But yes, your payment will be $0 on your Neo Credit card. It will still show up as a paid thing. Hear the word "Cashback" it is not getting credits. It is basically that your Public Mobile account will still act by charging, but you won't be paying for that month.

Benfica71
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm currently  on the $75.00/90 day plan.  Does this mean if I sign up for this offer my next payment will be $0.00?

@DennyCrane wrote:

@Ck_PM 

"up to $100 cashback"? Does this mean it's based on the payment amount? Unless one has a 90 day subscription, how would one hit the $100 spend (to get the $100 cashback) when the highest plan is currently $50?

It's based on the amount charged to the credit card. Neo Financial doesn't know the cost of the customer's Public Mobile plan, nor do payments need to be made for the exact price of any Public Mobile plan.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

@Ck_PM 

"up to $100 cashback"? Does this mean it's based on the payment amount? Unless one has a 90 day subscription, how would one hit the $100 spend (to get the $100 cashback) when the highest plan is currently $50?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @Ck_PM for the  great offer!!

and we need more offers like this and other exciting ways to spend the points.  Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.