cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Solved] Text Message Issues for Recently Ported Numbers

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

[Update as of 9:00AM ET 15/05/2024]: A solution for this issue has been successfully implemented last night. Any customer who experienced issues with their SMS service after transferring their number should now have their service fully restored. 

Please note that moving forward, customers transferring their number from another provider may need to wait up to 1 hour after the transfer for SMS services to be fully initiated.

--

Hello Community,

We want to address a current issue some of our customers are experiencing. After porting their phone numbers to Public Mobile, a few customers have reported not receiving text messages. We are actively investigating this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

Immediate Solution:

If you've recently ported your number to us and are facing issues with receiving or sending texts, please contact a Customer Support Agent directly via our chatbot. Our agents are equipped to apply a fix that should resolve the issue promptly.

We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work through this. Rest assured, we are doing everything we can to ensure a smooth experience for everyone affected. We will keep you updated on our progress.

- The Public Mobile Team

172 REPLIES 172

Jbf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also subject to the issue. How long does it take to solve ? It is a big problem for me as I sign documents online as part of my job, with confirmation codes coming as text. 

Defender19

I will say, I’m impressed by the response time of the Public mobile support team. This problem is super annoying but it should be able to be fixed in no more than a day or two !

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Backira2024 - It seems like a public Mobile only issue.

I am not experiencing the issue and it is crazy for a lot of issues to arise!

TCoyle

I have tried the suggested fixes and nothing works. My phone says there is no number associated with my phone. Can someone please report my number?

@Defender19 totally agree with you! Unfortunately,  pm does not see these messages.  Only us customers with the problems. 

HI @Backira2024 

yours will be sorted out soon

Backira2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm happy for you great news. Fingers crossed no future issues like that. 

VehlaPutt

Fortunately received a response from cs_agent and the SMS issue has been sorted out. 

Backira2024

@fixin1 So for the next one month we won't have text messages sent and received great. And you want me to be happy about that? I wandering if TELUS has the same issue with porting as it belongs to TELUS. 

fixin1

@Ashleydawn3333 - Yes, it is annoying.

HI @Ashleydawn3333 

good question why they are not fixing for everyone

@Ck_PM what is the update?  this has been a problem for a month!!!

fixin1

@Ashleydawn3333 - They are trying but due to things breaking down all at once, iMessage & SMS there is difficulty for them to do it quickly without interrupting customers service. It will probably get fixed in their next maintenance period.

Ashleydawn3333

Well if you are leaving.. I would avoid Bell! I just left there! I just got here and ported 2 numbers. I really need my SMS to function.  

No tech support? I'm new here. 

The last number port was fixed really quickly- But this has been more than 24hours with no response.

fixin1

@Backira2024 - You shouldn't do that every 15 minutes, plus they have many customers to deal with.

It isn't like you are hanging up while on hold on the helpline. That is kind of what you are doing, the lowest will be the one that will probably get first response from CS_Agent.

But after about 3 days of no reply from CS_Agent just submit another.

Backira2024

Because apparently they don't have technical support team. The moment this issue will be fixed I'm moving elsewhere period. Because imagine in the future if similar thing happens it will take them forever to solve and fix the issue..  

Ashleydawn3333

If it's a known issue - why are they not automatically fixing all newly ported numbers?

Backira2024

1000005448.jpg

 how many times more?? I really hope this scam company will shut down....

Ashleydawn3333

I'm waiting too. 😞 

@Backira2024 @VehlaPutt 

did you check the Community inbox for agent's reply?
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

if you don't see their response yet, message them again 

Backira2024

Same here. This is unacceptable. Worse company in Canada hands down. It is unreal there is no customer service phone to speak with someone. The moment this issue will be fixed ( maybe in 10 20 25 days) I am moving elsewhere..........

VehlaPutt

Activated the service and transferred number yesterday and since then I am unable to receive any SMS. Tried reaching out to @CS_Agent many times and till now haven’t received any response. If this is a know issue then why hasn’t any sort of priority been given to new port in’s/activations by Public mobile @CS_Agent ?

Backira2024

Well it is common for PM To have this issue. No other company I had in the past had that issue. 

HI @Backira2024 

it is not uncommon people got issue for activation.  But once activated, usually it is headache free.  Please message support agent again, they will reply you quick today

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Backira2024

You got lucky this got fixed within 25 mins. I'm still waiting forever for the agents sent numerous messages and follows up. This is so pathetic. I prefer to pay more and have more reliable service with a proper customer service.

Backira2024

Hi Sponzie, did they fix the issue with sms? I have already sent numerous messages to agents submit tickets follow up just now and nothing....

Defender19

You guys really need to sort this out, I’ve referred 2 friends and family over to Public and they’ve both had this problem. This is embarrassing and makes me and Public look so bad. One phone has been fixed, but they had to go out and buy a new SIM. The other still can’t send or receive any texts!!

Backira2024

I have ported my number to PM and experiencing issues with sending and receiving text messages. This will also affect the voicemail which hasn't been set up yet. I'm hoping agents can solve this issue immediately. Thank you.

GJK

Signed up yesterday & ported 2 numbers from Rogers and had this issue with calls but no texts on both numbers.

Contacted CS_Agent just now and they had both fixed within 25 minutes.  This time included 3 messages back and forth to get details, verify the second account, and to refresh network on PM side & power cycle.  Overall happy to have the issue fixed quickly. Thanks Mihaela!

sponzie

I just joined/ported yesterday and have the issue, I sent a note to cs_agent

shubhamshah

Submitted my ticket, need it fixed ASAP!

Need Help? Let's chat.