cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

teazle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I’m surprised by the very high number of posts asking the same questions over and over again, most of which were addressed in Alan K’s original message. I get copied on each one, sometime 20-30 a day or more, which I then have to delete.  Is there any way to stop clogging up my email this way without shutting off important communications from PM itself?

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Got mine this morning as well. Consdering I use about 100MB/month on PM, this should last me a while!

pamelaH

This is awesome!! I just recieved the text. This is my first month with you guys and I feel more loved than I did with the big guys. Woohoo!!! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JILL28K wrote:

So the 1G bonus is for this month only? Next month I'll be back to 5G instead of 6?

It's an add-on gift. Add-on means that it stays on your account until you consume it all. (except roaming) In your case you might have it sitting there a long time depending on how much you use your 5gb of data.

JILL28K
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So the 1G bonus is for this month only? Next month I'll be back to 5G instead of 6?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sha_star30 wrote:

Thank you... but just got the text that u added the 1 gig... but already 5mb? is used? How?

It's a running buffer when you turn on data. Turn off data and after a while it will drop back down to an actual number that your phone might have taken while data was on.

Or flip in and out of airplane mode to reset it.

sha_star30

Thank you... but just got the text that u added the 1 gig... but already 5mb? is used? How?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Got mine two minutes ago!

Thank you Public Mobile😋

Knelles

Thanks, received my free GB of data!

Ashen

@Dunkman wrote:

@Ashen 

If you have not received the 1 GB bonus by September 4, I would suggest that you contact moderator.  If you qualify, you should get it, but there sometimes are glitches in their promos.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ok, thanks.

@Ashen 

If you have not received the 1 GB bonus by September 4, I would suggest that you contact moderator.  If you qualify, you should get it, but there sometimes are glitches in their promos.

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ashen

I never received the text saying I would be getting this bonus but I am a current customer and have been since May of this year. Will I still get the bonus even though I did not get the text or do I need to do something else?

Stews

GR
Mayor / Maire

@trigger  you can change plans and it won't affect the add on. As long as the account stays active the add on will stay! 

It would remain in your account until it is used up.

trigger

Thanks for the gift.. I have query related to it. If I change the plan, will it impact this data add-on? I assume it should stay on as long as there is an active plan, please confirm.

GR
Mayor / Maire

@Sonja95   I highly doubt they'll be another gift add on data,   it was a great gesture from public mobile to give one but I wouldn't expect another one in the near future! 

Sonja95

Thank you PM! I just have one question now, when in the future (possibly NEAR future) could we receive another data add-on as a gift from you guys? Me and many others can’t get enough of free data  and it has encouraged me to advertise about PM in all my social cycles lately. Best Regards!

NJC

We have 3 public mobile phones and we all received the eligibility text for 1GB bonus addon, but only one person has received. 

The now infamous $40 plans did get this add-on Cat Very Happy

CLG123

This made me very happy!

@Nicko343 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up 

@Nicko343   Just use the @ key and it will bring a drop down list of other users and then click the user you are responding to.  That makes it easier for everyone to follow the conversation:)  

@Nicko343 wrote:

Thanks for the heads up 

Who are you thanking? See the point?

Nicko343
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks for the heads up 

Here's the text I received today about my free data being applied. It came from "100"

IMG_1372.jpg

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nicko343 wrote:

I don’t think there is anything you have to do but just enjoy your free 1 gb while it lasts 

@Nicko343 

You've replied to many people without quoting or tagging them in a long topic.  For clarity, it's good practice to either quote the message to which you're replying (preferable when your reply isn't the next one following), or tag the author of that message, like I've done with your name here. That way, people don't have to search for or wonder whom you're talking to in a very long thread.

To quote the message, click the black rectangular "quote" button above the message box right after you click reply. Note: For users who have enabled Quick Reply on community settings, the quote button is only available if you click the regular "reply" button instead of "quick reply."  Be sure to type your own text outside of the dark bar indicating the quoted message.

Nicko343

I did and am happy for the extra data.

Nicko343

It’s still not a bad idea 👌🏿

Nicko343

I don’t think there is anything you have to do but just enjoy your free 1 gb while it lasts 

Nicko343

It’s true they are showing some love ❤️ 

Need Help? Let's chat.