cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing some love to our customers with 1 GB of data, on us!

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

What a hectic week full of exciting updates and improvements! We know there’s been a ton of change this past week, and we want to make sure that our longer tenured customers don’t feel left out! 

Even though our look and feel has changed, we’re continuing to focus on being customer-first. Thanks for hanging in there with us, and we hope you’re ready to grow together with us because we love having you here! 🙂 Whether you’re a long-time Community guru, or someone who just joined a month ago, we’re for you.

That’s why we’re excited to share a public display of affection with customers who were with Public Mobile since before our big brand refresh (more eligibility details below), as a token of our appreciation.

What’s up for grabs:

• $0 1 GB bonus data Add-On
  • Does not expire until fully consumed
  • The data speed will match the speed of the data that is included as part of your rate plan. If your rate plan doesn’t include data, the Add-On will default to be at 4G LTE Speed. 

Eligibility criteria:

• Bonus Data Add-On will be automatically applied to customer accounts that were activated as of August 19, 11:59 PM ET or before
  • Account must be active at the time of August 19, 11:59 PM ET and continue to remain active until at least September 4, 2019.
  • If your account falls into suspend before September 4, you will become ineligible for the bonus Data Add-On.

How to claim your data:

• No action required- on August 23rd, eligible customers will receive an SMS from Public Mobile confirming you’re on the list!
  • Bonus Data Add-Ons will be applied within 2 weeks of receiving the confirmation SMS. Note: Please allow the two week period to pass before reaching out to the Moderator Team if you are expecting a bonus Data Add-On.
  • Once it’s been applied to your account, you will receive a confirmation SMS. 

Happy net surfing!

-Public Mobile Community Team

632 REPLIES 632

maheshboloor
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Mark25 wrote:

Did not receive an SMS about the 1GB data bonus? Anything i need to do? Have been here about 3 months.

Since you were an active user from 3 months, you are eligible for the bonus data. Contact the moderator team about it. Also just wondering if you have unsubscribed from PM promotional SMS s. It maybe be one of the reasons for y

not receiving the SMS.

Also fyi, everyone eligible will get another text message after the bonus 1gb is added to thier account. Keep an eye for that SMS.

Joelkim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I activited my first PM at LD today. I'm very happy that you're having rewards. This made me switch to PM. I missed it by a few days, but I will wait another chance. 😄

Ledrizzel_1995
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Awesomeness love public mobile 😀

Mark25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did not receive an SMS about the 1GB data bonus? Anything i need to do? Have been here about 3 months.

marcnoel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@trustsea wrote:

This is also a nice way for those folks who only use the $10 plan to see the benefit of carry over data for free.  Most folks are either very limited in their usage of their cell phone in telecommunications or senior or both.  Although the purchase of carry over data is $30 for 1 G it is as stated a guarantee flip over to the next month and thus only used till its entirety if signed up for service with Public Mobile.  An in a tangential method of sales consideration this allows folks to peruse the other add on services available in an a-la-carte modality.  In the long run it serves both the consumer and the seller.  And as was announced in the original email here for this plan - since they do not have any data in their plans, then they will be afforded their data in the highest quality data available for public consumption 4G data.  So if a senior is afforded this high quality there is less chance of a drop or fault or delayed transmission - and this bodes well because seniors presently (65-100 years old) GENERALLY are not as technologically literate and perhaps either not as patient or willing to learn beyond the basic functionality of cell phone operations.  In a business sense this is a demographic that relies highly on the referral component rather than walk-up or investigative clientele - so win/win all around. 

"GENERALLY"

Good save.

gooddog123

wow thank you this is amazing.

susan0401

HeartHave a wonderful weekend!:)

@Griffyn wrote:

So is there any way to track how much data I've already used on a day to day basis?  Or will my cell phone alert me when I'm about to go over my limit?  Using data is new to me since I've got it turned off on my phone...I'm okay with using WiFi wherever I go.  But since PM has so generously given me 1GB to play with, I'd like to try it out.

Most recent smartphones have something like this already built into the OS - it's a common feature - but it's not a standardized feature, so you might have to dig around your settings and network stuff to find it.  Or you can install a dedicated data usage app which will (usually) offer more features and usefulness than the boring OEM software.

You'll get best results if you start the app when you start using data on a fresh billing cycle.

And data usage is measured (billed) from the network.  PM/Telus knows how much data their hardware has sent, it doesn't care how much data your device reports it received.  There's always a little overhead, error correction, re-sent packets, etc - you might get billed for 1GB (1024MB) while only receiving, say, 975MB - the discrepancy can be significant if you use data in fringe service areas (with low signal bars) where those lost packets really start to add up.

"Public Mobile here..." will send you SMS notifications when you reach 75% and 95% thresholds on your allocated data.  At 100% it'll cut off whatever you were doing and redirect you to the Public Mobile webpage ... your phone is technically still connected to data but the only things you can do with that data are read a webpage explaining why you've been cut off from more data or login to your PM self-serve account to buy more data.

sue-s

What a nice surprise!!

Gaethano

Yes

Gaethano

Hello

Gaethano

Hello 

@samanthaburton wrote:

Missed this by 6 days 😞 

Any chance this is extended? Cat Very Happy

Very doubtful

By extending, they'd just have more people wanting the bonus data since they only missed it by a few days.

samanthaburton

Missed this by 6 days 😞 

Any chance this is extended? Cat Very Happy

@samanthaburton wrote:

Great to see the Bonus Data being gifted without any strings attached! 

Brand new member to Public and glad to be here. 

Unfortunately, if you're a brand new customer (if joined after August 19), you will not be receiving this bonus data add-on.

samanthaburton

Great to see the Bonus Data being gifted without any strings attached! 

Brand new member to Public and glad to be here. 

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Griffyn wrote:

So I can't go to my phone's settings app and find it somewhere?  I have to log in to PM?

Griffyn

Your phone does have a data usage app and it can give you a rough idea but it's not always 100% correct. You would need to change the billing date (as most phone apps show from a certain date like the 15th) but PM date changes due to 30 day billing.

Best most accurate way of seeing how much data you used is log into PM site on your phones browser.

Griffyn

So I can't go to my phone's settings app and find it somewhere?  I have to log in to PM?

Griffyn

teazle

You can check how much you have used at any time by logging in to PM and looking at the data segment om ghd main page.

teazle

When you’ve used it up you get no more, unless you purchase some more or change to a data inclusive plan.  So no overage charges are possible.  That’s the joy of prepaid!

jaelee88

Thank you very much Public Mobile

deepatiwari

You can login to your account and check your uses

Griffyn

So is there any way to track how much data I've already used on a day to day basis?  Or will my cell phone alert me when I'm about to go over my limit?  Using data is new to me since I've got it turned off on my phone...I'm okay with using WiFi wherever I go.  But since PM has so generously given me 1GB to play with, I'd like to try it out.

Thanks for your help.

Griffyn

iguy416

This is great news. No complaints about public mobile. It just works!

balvinder

excellent 

lingzhang

THANK YOU!!!

very good job!!!!!

Willaug56

Thanks I await your text

Cardinal

Thank you so much an extra G is a very thoughtful gift ..much appreciated

Keep up the good work Thanks again and have a wonderful day

trustsea

This is also a nice way for those folks who only use the $10 plan to see the benefit of carry over data for free.  Most folks are either very limited in their usage of their cell phone in telecommunications or senior or both.  Although the purchase of carry over data is $30 for 1 G it is as stated a guarantee flip over to the next month and thus only used till its entirety if signed up for service with Public Mobile.  An in a tangential method of sales consideration this allows folks to peruse the other add on services available in an a-la-carte modality.  In the long run it serves both the consumer and the seller.  And as was announced in the original email here for this plan - since they do not have any data in their plans, then they will be afforded their data in the highest quality data available for public consumption 4G data.  So if a senior is afforded this high quality there is less chance of a drop or fault or delayed transmission - and this bodes well because seniors presently (65-100 years old) GENERALLY are not as technologically literate and perhaps either not as patient or willing to learn beyond the basic functionality of cell phone operations.  In a business sense this is a demographic that relies highly on the referral component rather than walk-up or investigative clientele - so win/win all around. 

Eastlibra

This is AWESOME !!!

Need Help? Let's chat.