cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share the love: get a $25 Credit for You and Your Friend by Referring them to Public Mobile

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

*This offer has been extended to March 31, 2019.

*This offer is online-only.

Hey Community,

From February 14th until March 31st, 2019, you and your friend can each get a $25 credit when you refer them to Public Mobile and they activate online.

Get the full scoop below.

Taking advantage of this promo is easy. Just follow these steps:

As a Public Mobile customer you need to:

1. Be a good pal and refer a friend to Public Mobile.
  2. Tell your friend that they need to successfully activate online on a 30 or 90-day plan during the promotional period and include you as their referrer in order to be eligible for the promotion.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to your Self-Serve account within 72 hours of your friend’s online activation. In addition, you will continue to be eligible for the $1 referral credit off your monthly bill for as long as your friend stays with Public Mobile.

Your friend will need to:

1. Activate a Public Mobile SIM card online on any 30 or 90-day plan at activate.publicmobile.ca.
  2. Enter your active Public Mobile phone number on the referral page during the activation process. Be sure they enter your number and not their own so you get credit for the referral.
  3. The one-time $25 credit will be applied to their Self-Serve account within 72 hours of activation.

FAQs and terms and conditions are below. Happy referring!

-Public Mobile Community team

FAQs

Spoiler

Refer a Friend Promotion FAQs

1. If I am referred and then I refer a friend or family member am I eligible for both sender and receiver rewards?

Yes, you are. This means that you would receive one $25 credit for being referred. Then, after activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender and earn $25 Refer-a-Friend credits during the promotional period. Learn more here.

2.I am a Legacy customer. Am I eligible for these rewards?

Legacy customers are not eligible for rewards. However, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.

To learn more about Reward eligibility and Rewards,visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules . If you would like to take advantage of this promotional offer, our support team can help you switch your plan to one that is currently available.

3. As the referral receiver, am I eligible for the ongoing $10 Refer a Friend Reward credit, as well as this $25 Refer a Friend credit?

No, these credits are not stackable. Instead, you will receive a total of $25 via an account credit, rather than the ongoing $10 Refer-a-Friend Reward credit.

4. When does this promotion end?

This promotion will end March 31, 2019 11:59PM ET.

Terms and Conditions

Referral sender (current Public Mobile customer)

• All existing Refer a Friend eligibility requirements and rules apply. To learn more, visit publicmobile.ca/rewardrules.
  • While Legacy customers are not eligible for Public Mobile Refer a Friend rewards, Legacy customers’ referrals are eligible for this offer, and can receive a one-time $25 account credit.
  • You and your referee have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • You can only refer individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship to ensure compliance with Canada's anti-spam legislation.  
  • You can’t refer yourself or an existing Public Mobile customer.
  • TELUS team members, contractors, sales representatives acting on TELUS's behalf and associates at retail locations who receive special pricing are excluded from this promotion.

Referral receiver (your friend)

• Must activate on a 30 or 90-day plan with Public Mobile.
  • You must input the referral information (referrer’s Public Mobile phone number) during your activation.
  • You and your referrer have to accept these terms to participate in the program.
  • After activating with Public Mobile, you are eligible to take part in this promotion as a referral sender.

OTHER

TELUS assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed, damaged or misdirected referrals or communications or for any failure of the website, for any problems or technical malfunction of any computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or referral to be received by TELUS on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to your (or any other person's) computer related to or resulting from this program. TELUS reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, cancel or suspend this program should a virus, bug or other cause beyond the reasonable control of TELUS, corrupt the security or proper administration of the program or for any other reason. Referrals are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, unintelligible, falsified, altered or tampered with or unlawful in any way. Referrals submitted by unauthorized means will be disqualified. In the event that it has been determined that a referral has been made in a manner not sanctioned by these terms, you and all of you referrals will be disqualified from this program and any referral credits that have been awarded will be deducted. You agree to abide by the terms of this program and the decisions of the TELUS team, which are final. This program is subject to all applicable laws and regulations.

TELUS may end the promotion or change any of the terms at any time, without notice and without obligation to award any promotion.

PRIVACY

Your privacy is important to TELUS. We have a long-standing policy of protecting the privacy of our customers in all of our business operations. Please visit telus.com/privacy for more information on the principles that govern the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. These principles reflect our continuing commitment to protecting our customers' privacy.

460 REPLIES 460

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux wrote:

What's that @Alan_K ? I didn't wrote the solution....My message isn't the solution...is it a mistake or someone plays with the button??? @ShawnC13 do you know?

@Lieux 

Oracles and moderators have the ability to mark solutions to any topic, so the solution button is constantly visible next to every single reply, unless already marked.  It is possible that one of us accidentally marked a solution as we were scrolling down the screen, as the buttons occupy the same space we are swiping on our phones for any who are righthanded.  I've personally been very careful about it ever since I started seeing those buttons, and in any case, I wasn't visiting this thread using my phone any time close to when the solution notification arrived, so I know it wasn't me.  Perhaps one of the other oracles?  Or perhaps one of the many new moderators recently hired, who may not be used to the forum (though I'm not sure if they would use their phones/tablets to browse the threads)?

What's that @Alan_K ? I didn't wrote the solution....My message isn't the solution...is it a mistake or someone plays with the button??? @ShawnC13 do you know?

It’s just in your messages you you write the name of the customer 2 times and in the beginning of YOUR message and it’s mixing when we read it..the orange line on the left is going in your message too not only in the message from the customer you replied....it’s hard to explain but don’t be worry it’s not a big deal... perhaps just for me I need to pay more attention...Smiley Happy

Metal1967

@Lieux wrote:

@Metal1967 the way you replied is not very correct..,it’s not @Owenswake @who said 10$ +taxes but you.... it’s not a big mistake but...it could be....Smiley Wink

@Lieux 

Sims are 10$ plus tax....not sure what your reply means....

@Metal1967 the way you replied is not very correct...NOT WHAT YOU WROTE .,it’s not @Owenswake @who said 10$ +taxes but you.... it’s not a big mistake but...it could be....Smiley Wink

Metal1967

@Owenswake wrote:

How much is it to get a sim card so I can sign up my friend?

@Owenswake 

Sims are $10 plus taxes

Owenswake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How much is it to get a sim card so I can sign up my friend?

AdventrGrl
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the correction! March 18 it is!

@AdventrGrl wrote:

You can STILL get credit, if you refer others and they sign up using your name and phone number until March 16. 

Name is not needed.  Also, the promotin goes until March 18.

AdventrGrl

You can STILL get credit, if you refer others and they sign up using your name and phone number until March 16. 

AdventrGrl

They just have to go to London Drugs or Walmar and purchase a Public Mobile Sim card.  Costs $10.  They need to have their own unlocked phone and they will have to activate their own SIM card, instead of getting/allowing the store to do it.  When they activate their SIM card on-line, they will also have to have YOUR name and phone number so that you get the credit.

Easy-peasy!

Joro16

Haha, I hear ya. My wife and I signed up last month, duh!

Joro16

You can purchase the sim card online at Public mobile and have it mailed to your house or buy it in store at Walmart. Remember that the current $25 referral credit for both parties is only available if the sim card is registered online. Cheers Joro16

Pizzaeh

@juli-j21 wrote:

I referred my friend yesterday 20/02/19 but it didnt say anything about the 25$ thing. She put my number in the referall spot and then i did get a text saying about the 1$ but curious because in this it says we both have to agree to terms/?? how do we know if we did that? Or is it just the regular terms you agree to when you sign up? I know it says 72 hrs as well but just curious if it doesnt say anything until the 72 hours lol.

Friends don't let friends activate in-store for this promotion. 😫

Metal1967

@juli-j21 

If your friend activated themselves online, you will each receive the 25$

@juli-j21 

Did your friend sign up instore or at home, online? 

If at home, online, then both of you will qualify for $25 credit within 72 hours (usually within 24 hours). You will also get ongoing $1 monthly credit.  

If your friend signed up in store, your friend will get $10 credit and you will get ongoing $1 per month credit as long as your friend stays with PM.  

juli-j21

I referred my friend yesterday 20/02/19 but it didnt say anything about the 25$ thing. She put my number in the referall spot and then i did get a text saying about the 1$ but curious because in this it says we both have to agree to terms/?? how do we know if we did that? Or is it just the regular terms you agree to when you sign up? I know it says 72 hrs as well but just curious if it doesnt say anything until the 72 hours lol.

Ok you will need the help of the moderator here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain what happened...waiting time few hours to 2 days...

ramankant

how to operate my account

Forgot password or security question

Sharing is caring!

From Feb 14 – Mar 18, 2019 refer your friend to Public Mobile and both you and your friend will receive a one-time $25 account credit! See the Community for more details.

@ramankant if you want to activate a new account..at YOUR PLACE not in store...you will need the phone number of your friend...referral number...

ramankant

How to share 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dankaroo wrote:

@JennMarie wrote:

Anyone wanna be my referrer? Going to sign up today 😊

Keep in mind that for the referral rewards you must be signing up for  30day+ and 30$+ plans.

Check your private messages

Not true. Any plan. Just online not in store.

Dankaroo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JennMarie wrote:

Anyone wanna be my referrer? Going to sign up today 😊

Keep in mind that for the referral rewards you must be signing up for  30day+ and 30$+ plans.

Check your private messages

RestoralaxMagic

Thank you! My dad has referred my mom to Public Mobile.

RestoralaxMagic

Thank you! My dad has referred my mom to Public Mobile.

mb2003

Thanks all!

mb2003

Hi guys, I'm looking to sign up so please pm a referral. thanks

teeth1234

i am planning on signing up today so if anyone wants to refer me, please send me a PM. thanks.

FOUND. Thanks to all!

@buzzzman wrote:

does this apply to the 10 dollar plan too? thanks

Yes, it applies to all plans, including the $10 plan. 

Ooops, sorry, didn't realize that SD08 already answered this on the next page.

buzzzman

@SD08 wrote:

@buzzzman wrote:

does this apply to the 10 dollar plan too? thanks

@buzzzman 

Yes, as long as you do the activation online (from your own computer/device), not at a retailer.

thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.