cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming scam!

jaysoninniamey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the US/CDN plan because I travel back and forth a lot and I just got to the states but data doesn’t work unless roaming is on, when I turn on roaming public mobile sends me a text saying to purchase the add on to roam in US. I should not need to roam! Help!

5 REPLIES 5

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @jaysoninniamey 

I had this plan until recently and I got that every time I crossed the US border. I just ignored it because I know everything with Public Mobile is prepaid service. I did have to sometimes reboot my phone and sometimes go into network settings to pick either ATT or T-Mobile but most of the time my phone remembers my time on T-Mobile and never a problem. As mentioned, just leave data roaming on all the time so you don't have to play with the settings. This is prepaid, always remember. You get what you pay for and can't be charges extra. Enjoy the US.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jaysoninniamey 

I just leave Roaming enabled in Settings. You'll never have to be afraid of surprise data overages with Public Mobile. As a "pre-paid" service...if you don't pay ahead of time..you don't get.

jaysoninniamey
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay great, thanks guys!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @jaysoninniamey 

not scam.  everyone, with or without roaming package , will get this txt.  just ignore it

Important thing is to enable your Mobile roaming on the phone and connect to AT&T or T-Mobile

eddieO
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@jaysoninniamey, disregard that message, most Public Mobile customers will receive that message when crossing the border but you can ignore it, your data, talk and text will work fine as long as you are connecting to T-Mobile or AT&T. Keep your phone's data roaming on, you will not be charged extra. My wife and I have the same plan and she was in the US last month and had no issues and no extra charges. Remember, Public Mobile is a prepaid service so you will not be charged extra for anything

Need Help? Let's chat.