cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Select ready-made plans expiring May 21

@z10user4 wrote:

While that $20 province-wide/texting is gone now, I'd still like to see a *promo* offer of $10 for province-wide and unlimited texting. Or maybe unlimited texting with autopay. Opens up the up-sell to the ld and data add-ons.

I keep dreaming Smiley Happy

The $20 Province wide plan didn't have texting. My folks use that plan. I have to say if they came back with a province wide with texting for $10 I would switch them to that for sure! Ultimate plan for them would be the $25 plan for $20 without the data option. (Canada Wide + Unlimited text)

Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K, Note that these 2 plans

• $20 for Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • $47 for 2 GB at 4G LTE speed

are still available under "Build your own plan" @ https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Mayor / Maire

Good housekeeping idea. Getting rid of "obsolete" and "unneeded" plans, I am hoping this will help simplify the backend processes and result in less service interruptions for the newer plans.

@Alan_K  smart move.  The $20 data only plan is not very competitive at all and I'm sure very few purchased it, and those that did probably assumed there was talk or text included even though it clearly says "data only".  

The $20 talk only plan is pretty useless not that there's more minutes available in that $15 plan.  But even before hand, I'm sure there are very few people who need unlimited talk with no text.  

And as expected another 4G LTE plan is leaving.  Guess that's part of the PM corporate plan to be a 3G network and if people want more then they'll need to move to the parent/sister companies for that.  And 2GB at that price isn't very competitive either.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking at the new ready made plan line-up, it now appears that the $35 plan provides little more than $25, yet it is $10 more... may be the next step is move the $40 and $50 plans down a notch to be $35 and $45 plans.  I can only dream :-)

Mayor / Maire

@zork1984 wrote:

Looking at the new ready made plan line-up, it now appears that the $35 plan provides little more than $25, yet it is $10 more... may be the next step is move the $40 and $50 plans down a notch to be $35 and $45 plans.  I can only dream :-)

$30.00 for Unlimited Canada wide calling/ International texts and 1.5 GB Data + 500 MB Bonus (AutoPay). 

@dna2016 wrote:

The $20 talk only plan is pretty useless not that there's more minutes available in that $15 plan.  But even before hand, I'm sure there are very few people who need unlimited talk with no text.  

My parents don't need data/text at all, but unlimited talk is great for them. Unlimited Canada-wide talk with no data and no text would be ideal for them. Text I would accept as a nice perk, but not something they would want to pay extra for (say the $25 plan). They don't like texting, "text is too small to read" or else inflated so much that only a couple of words fit on the screen and too hard for them to type on the tiny letters. Can't use a big phone (LG G Flex), arthritis makes it too hard to hold and makes them drop it, so they have to use the small Lumia 650 I had. They are seniors so every penny they can squeeze the better due to their low pension income. I support them the best I can.

Best guess, the plain talk plans are great for those that don't have the best eyes or the finger dexterity of the youth. I mean yes, the $15 plan might work for them, but having a cap on minutes would make my mother terribly worried about her call lengths. Right now she can call her sister or her sister can call her and they might talk for 2-3 hours. Can't really do that on a 100 minute cap. I mean I could see it being something like my mother [dials her sister] "Call me" [click] then wait for her sister to call her back so she has unlimited talk time, but that seems annoying, especially if she forgets she initiated the call and suddenly out of minutes an hour later.

The texting option though would still be beneficial, even if they have trouble reading/typing, they would be able to get authentication authorizations that way, and I also would be able to send them a text rather than calling to let them know I am coming to pick them up.

Mayor / Maire

If they expired these plans without announcing, it could have taken days before anyone noticed.  The $20 data and $20 talk plans are poor.  Who would take them over the $15 or $25 plan?

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Exactly... and with these changes, some of the other plans just do not make sense anymore either:

- $25 for 1GB data + unlt d talk & text (with AutoPay)

but then pay an extra $10 (or $35) for just an extra 500GB (total 1.5GB)

- but then the next plan for at extra $5 (or $40) gives you an extra 2.5GB (total 5GB)?

Then there is a HUGE gap but for another $10 (or $50) you can an additional 3.5GB (total 8.5GB).

That $35 plan does not make a lot of sense anymore either.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I also do not understand why PM continues to have build-your-own plans with identical prices points as pre-made plans with less features. Either re-price them as is, re-design them be different with a non-overlapping feature set, re-design them to match the pre-made plans with the same pricing so it does not matter whether you select them from above or in the build-your-own plan section, or simply remove the overlapping plans at the same price point.

It just makes things very confusing. otherwise.