Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select ready-made plans expiring May 21

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

As of May 20th, 11:59 PM, the following price plans are being expired:

• $20 for 250 MB at 3G speed (Data only)
  • $20 for Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • $47 for 2 GB at 4G LTE speed

To check out our other plans, go to publicmobile.ca/plans.

Have some questions about this change? Check out our FAQs or post below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Question

Answer

Will I keep the same plan forever? Will my plan change?

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information about our plans.

My current plan is one of the ones set to expire. Is any action required from me?

If you would like to continue on your current plan, no change is required.

I currently have one of these plans. If I switch to another plan, can I switch back?

You can switch back to these plans up to May 21. After that, these plans will no longer be available.

45 REPLIES 45

@zork1984 wrote:

Looking at the new ready made plan line-up, it now appears that the $35 plan provides little more than $25, yet it is $10 more... may be the next step is move the $40 and $50 plans down a notch to be $35 and $45 plans.  I can only dream 🙂

$30.00 for Unlimited Canada wide calling/ International texts and 1.5 GB Data + 500 MB Bonus (AutoPay). 

zork1984
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looking at the new ready made plan line-up, it now appears that the $35 plan provides little more than $25, yet it is $10 more... may be the next step is move the $40 and $50 plans down a notch to be $35 and $45 plans.  I can only dream 🙂

dna2016

@Alan_K  smart move.  The $20 data only plan is not very competitive at all and I'm sure very few purchased it, and those that did probably assumed there was talk or text included even though it clearly says "data only".  

The $20 talk only plan is pretty useless not that there's more minutes available in that $15 plan.  But even before hand, I'm sure there are very few people who need unlimited talk with no text.  

And as expected another 4G LTE plan is leaving.  Guess that's part of the PM corporate plan to be a 3G network and if people want more then they'll need to move to the parent/sister companies for that.  And 2GB at that price isn't very competitive either.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Good housekeeping idea. Getting rid of "obsolete" and "unneeded" plans, I am hoping this will help simplify the backend processes and result in less service interruptions for the newer plans.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K, Note that these 2 plans

• $20 for Unlimited Province-Wide Talk
  • $47 for 2 GB at 4G LTE speed

are still available under "Build your own plan" @ https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans

Psygineer

@Anonymous wrote:

While that $20 province-wide/texting is gone now, I'd still like to see a *promo* offer of $10 for province-wide and unlimited texting. Or maybe unlimited texting with autopay. Opens up the up-sell to the ld and data add-ons.

I keep dreaming 🙂

The $20 Province wide plan didn't have texting. My folks use that plan. I have to say if they came back with a province wide with texting for $10 I would switch them to that for sure! Ultimate plan for them would be the $25 plan for $20 without the data option. (Canada Wide + Unlimited text)

Anonymous
Not applicable

While that $20 province-wide/texting is gone now, I'd still like to see a *promo* offer of $10 for province-wide and unlimited texting. Or maybe unlimited texting with autopay. Opens up the up-sell to the ld and data add-ons.

I keep dreaming 🙂

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

I was actually wandering if anybody is on data only 20 plan since introduction of 15 plan

That plan would be great for $10 as it's enough to have Fongo always running maybe some other voip providers too but most of them would drain more than 250. Fongo was the only one i saw claiming you can stay under 200 with moderate use. I never tested it really. Textnow is using about that for pretty much standby, i think i sent 3 texts received 2 and made 4 calls (3 of them pure 2 sec test) and it's at about 180 (2/3into the cycle)

I'm curious what price would people like for province wide talk only. 

mh1983

@Dunkman wrote:

@Alan_K 

Thanks for the update.

Compared to the $15 and $25 "promo" plans, those remaining plans don't provide much value.  Good to get rid of those plans.  

Don't always agree w/ the recent plan changes but these changes make sense. Nice way to clean house a bit!

lukealex121
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’ve always found that 4G LTE is very expensive with very little noticeable speed difference. I suppose they charge more for it to “set it apart” from 3G, but personally I don’t see how it makes much of a difference for PM cost wise, or users speed wise. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The full speed LTE plan is overpriced and likely not popular.  It is sad to see loss of anything full speed LTE.  I don't like seeing data speed being monetized.

TheOldVR

These have been replaced by better options I believe....  hopefully more deals to come!

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Who would use $20 for 250 MB at 3G speed (Data only) plan lol, it's just doesn't make any sense since we had that $15 plan...

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully, PM will be implementing new plans especially for data only.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K 

Thanks for the update.

Compared to the $15 and $25 "promo" plans, those remaining plans don't provide much value.  Good to get rid of those plans.  

Need Help? Let's chat.