Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System issue expired select customers' services

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

17:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has investigated the issue and is restoring service in batches for those affected. By 9:00 PM ET, all services should resume. Customers impacted by this issue will receive an SMS in the coming days.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

14:00 PM ET - April 23, 2019

Hey Community,

Today we identified a technical issue affecting select customers where plans were mistakenly renewed prior to the plan renewal date, resulting in loss of service for some customers.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

202 REPLIES 202

Prakashb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i'm still unable to call...PM is such a irresponsible company i didnt knew 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Another service interuption?  Public Mobile needs fix this. Customers only have so much patience.

TheOldVR

Was offline for a while, really happy to see a skicky on this topic....

Hope everyone gets back running soon, I could see my temper getting a little hot if my mobile stopped working.

#FirstWorldProblems

meaalberts
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Were you able to contact the link that was provided?  Let me know.  I was also going to do the same thing but thankfully hesitated...I feel so badly for you.  Let us know how things work out.

jmarini

I actually paid today to make my phone work again, even though my account is supposed to be renewed later this month. Will I be receiving my money back or what will happen. I do not want to have to pay twice..........

Marzipan

@Johnmichael2u wrote:

I hope so. Public Mobile is my only contact phone and I am disabled. 

Thank you

Your phone should still work for emergency 911 service.

dave2

@Iwonka40 

Okay, thanks, that's reassuring. 

Iwonka40

My plan is $25.00 and yes it was showing that I owe it. Now its showing a balance owing 0 and account balance $25.00 meaning the money is in my account for next payment.

nabil114

It is fixed for me. I am on the $25 1GB plan but there is promotion for 5 dollars for 1 GB more. I never asked for it. 

dave2

@Iwonka40 

I see what you're saying. Seems they debited me then credited me the same amount. 

Did you also receive a statement that you owe $27.00?

Iwonka40

I paid twice because i needed my phone but just checked my account again and it seems like they reimbursed me. I have a balance ewual to my next payment. Check your account and look into payment history as well

dave2

So, my service has been restored, but it says that I owe $27 in order "for your plan cycle to restart."

This is the first I've heard about having to pay $27 in order to restart a cycle that I was never even informed was coming to an end.

What's with the $27 payment? Could someone please offer me an explanation?

Jordan9191
Still cant send text or make phone calls .

francine75011

@Alan_K. This message would have been appreciated as soon as the problem was identified. I found this out around 8 am and never received and answrr from a moderator even it would have been an automated message. 

I had to spend 48$ in payment card to reactivate my service with a new date of renewal. I don't know the impact of my action on my account since I had to reactivate my account because I need my phone for work. This phone is not for recreational purposes.

I hope to get a full refund for the amount I had to add today and also a compensation for the problem I encountered all day long.

Finally a real answer from a modetator 

nabil114

I have the same problem. 

monicap

But what about the additional payments I had to make. I had paid on April 15 for the next month and my husband paid YESTERDAY to renew. Both of us now had to pay AGAIN to have our service back! I don't want a credit, I want my money back until my next payment is due next month. I was highly inconvenienced as I depend on my phone for work. 

@Iwonka40 wrote:

Hello. I made a payment to my account on April 20th. Today my phone was disconnected. Made another payment because i need the phone. Will my account be reimbursed?

Ask the moderator here..  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

T-Dot-Traveller

And while you are looking into this - try hiring some quality IT people , so that this does not happen again ..

AND - It would be nice if their domicile was Canada . 

meaalberts

Apparently its their system error.  Hopefully it will come back on shortly.  There will probably be no reimbursement.  My payment is not due until May 3rd or 4th.  

Iwonka40

Hello. I made a payment to my account on April 20th. Today my phone was disconnected. Made another payment because i need the phone. Will my account be reimbursed?

meaalberts

Thanks - situation is completely unexceptable.  My plan does not expire until the 4th of May.  Really unhappy about this situation.  😞

@Denis3 wrote:

Hello,

I am a public mobile customer since 2012, my plan was 45 $ for 30 days for 1 GB,etc ... - till May 7 , 2019 . Lately I changed my plan on public mobile internet site for another : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May  2019 it should come into force, I have proof for that. Now the service is back but when I enter my account space there is no any mention about change of plan in May : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May   2019 it should come into force, and situation is unacceptible, and it seems very strange , at least.

I would like to see today that there is a change in plan in my account in May : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May , 2019 it should come into force.

So I need immediate assistance of Public Mobile and Telus management and directory to get everything fixed today . 

And @meaalberts you need to reach the moderator here..  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem they will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

meaalberts

PLEASE FIX ISSUE ASAP- THANK YOU

Denis3

Hello,

I am a public mobile customer since 2012, my plan was 45 $ for 30 days for 1 GB,etc ... - till May 7 , 2019 . Lately I changed my plan on public mobile internet site for another : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May  2019 it should come into force, I have proof for that. Now the service is back but when I enter my account space there is no any mention about change of plan in May : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May   2019 it should come into force, and situation is unacceptible, and it seems very strange , at least.

I would like to see today that there is a change in plan in my account in May : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May , 2019 it should come into force.

So I need immediate assistance of Public Mobile and Telus management and directory to get everything fixed today . 

@mh1983 wrote:

So, what checks and balances are being put in place to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen again? 

Hard to say.  This type of widespread outage has been too frequent in recent times.  Maybe the hard lesson comes when people start walking out the door or carpet bombing the CCTS with complaints.  Hopefully there is a lesson learned with each outage so that history is not repeating itself. 

mh1983

So, what checks and balances are being put in place to ensure this sort of thing doesn't happen again? 

Jordan9191

My acc was suspended i tryed a few tricks but only got my acc activated but no calling or txting can be done .will that also be fixed as well ? 

toronto647

I just had my service restored with the credit.  When messaging the MOD's include your name and phone number.

Thanks to the community!!  Hope you all get your service back asap.

JohnP

You can use this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Or go to the top right and press the Envellope and press New Message and then send a message to @CS_Agent 

freefallin69

I am extremely new to the community, could you please tell me how to private message and who to message?

Need Help? Let's chat.