cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

ibebriguy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account isn't disabled anymore since April 2, I was asking the other poster if his account is disabled. I'm still angry about the past outage and no emails or apologies from Public Mobile about it, so I switched 2 of my 3 numbers to Lucky Mobile.

@ibebriguy wrote:

What does account disabled mean?

I am still so angry with Public Mobile, just switched 2 of my 3 accounts with them to Lucky Mobile.

@ibebriguy 

@falon 

Where are you seeing this 'disabled' message?

Is it when logging into Self Serve, found here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Have you ever created a self serve account before, if not you can register for one here:

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

ibebriguy

What does account disabled mean?

I am still so angry with Public Mobile, just switched 2 of my 3 accounts with them to Lucky Mobile.

falon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Account disabled 

chainsawcowboy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ibebriguy

Take your original offer from koodo to the competition like virgin and ask them is of they can beat it?

ibebriguy

To add insult to this whole fiasco, I was interested in switching to Koodo after I got an email from Public Mobile about a switch over offer. I phoned Koodo today and when mentioning the code in the email, was quoted 35.00 per month for 5 gb data and unlimited calling Canada wide and 1250 minutes a month long distance calling to certain countries with no expiry date on the plan.  Sounded good since I didn't want to keep dealing with Public without any support or warnings when outages happen, so I spent about 35 minutes on the phone with Koodo giving them all my info for their credit check. Then, they informed me that since I still had another account active under my name ( not me, but another member of my family ), they couldn't give me the offer but could give me something similar for 24 months only, and then it would be back to full price. Screw them ! I was so angry that they emailed me and then didn't even give me the offer.

chainsawcowboy

@PMSiteIsBuggy 

Lol....nice name! That gave me a belly ache!

chainsawcowboy

@Luddite 

Good suggestion about fongo. I have never used one of these internet phone companies but maybe I should have a back up option if I get caught up in a Public Mobile screw up?!!

chainsawcowboy

@softech 

I am glad I was no April Fool this year? Now an old fool perhaps? Quite the read so far though.

HScott

Mine has stopped working again too. Very annoying.

@Mihari how long has it been suspended?  Can you still login My Account?  If so, make a manual payment yo reactivate the service.  

At Payment tab, click One time payment

Then use the option Other (Enter the desired payment amount) and enter the plan amount

Once payment made successfully, click the button Reactivate current plan if it is there, then logoff from My Account and reboot the phone and it should be good

Mihari

Hello, my Account was suspended and still not reactivated…can someone tell me what I should do…thanks

HI @esjliv 

Yes, you can.. not just 1, can be 3.  Netflix basic video quality is around 300Mb only

@harrysphone wrote:

I  text back to the agent and have my plan moved back to the $15.00 plan.

@harrysphone - better safe than sorry. It may have been a nice gesture to offer. But in the end it may have cost you more, without realizing, upon next renewal.

Can you watch a movie with 1 GB @hTideGnow ..I really don't know, can you?

harrysphone

I  text back to the agent and have my plan moved back to the $15.00 plan.

Hi @harrysphone,  the extra data you got from the free upgrade cannot be kept if not used.  So, make sure you "waste" it.  Watch a movie.🥸🎞

harrysphone

Thanks again for your input

Back to the AGENT . this 15 to 25 update is for one month only.

I have more unused phone and data time in the bank than I could 

ever use. Also I have remember to change the plan back to the $15.00

plan by a certain date in MAY. I told him to change it back to the $15:00 plan

told him/her credit offer is more of a nuisance than a help.

Thanks again for the headsup!!!

harrysphone

The way the CS agent wrote. It implied that I was getting the the $25.00 plan for the $15.00 rate

MY $15.00 plan with rebates is now only $8.96

I asked if that would be the price.?? 

no reply yet.

@harrysphone  - they offered to change your plan from $15 to $25, interesting. 

If that works for you, rather than a credit on your account - great.

NOTE, though, if you don't want to continue paying for the $25 plan, you may need to schedule a plan change back to the $15.

Did they mention anything about that?

harrysphone

Just me again

I text the CSA agent and asked if there is any credit for all my time and 

lost 2 weeks of phone use.

He replied that yesterday (thats before my request) He/She changed my 

plan from the $15.00 plan to a $25.00 plan AT NOT COST TO ME.

Sounds to good to be true. I will take it.

Have to wait to see if I get it>

Thanks again for every ones help.

harrysphone

thanks

@harrysphone wrote:

Hi  another question. I keep getting BADGES what are they for??

@harrysphone  - nothing really. Just Community participation milestones, that can keep some member's interest in the Community. You get more at the beginning while participating here as incentives to be like "hey, i a got badge, yeah!". 🙂

harrysphone

Hi  another question. I keep getting BADGES what are they for??

harrysphone

Thank you very much. I will stay on the old plan

@harrysphone 

for the lost 2 weeks, push for compensation, at least it is fair to refund the 2 weeks worth the plan amount, if they say no, ask them to escalate

for old rewards vs new, definitely the old is better, here is my summary

1.  $2 Autopay is no longer there and replaced with 5% ,  you get less (but you get 5% for your other Add-on purchases as well)
  2. No more loyalty rewards, meaning the loyalty discount of $1/month up to $5/month will disappear. Instead, they will only give $10 each year on the anniversary.

For someone with PM between 1st to 12th month
                  The old reward system will give $0 that year, versus $10 at the end of the 12th month with thew new system
    For someone with PM between the 13th and 24th month:
                    The old reward program will give $12 that year ($1/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 24th month with the new system
    For someone with PM between months 25th and 36th:
                   the old reward program will give $24 that year ($2/cycle), versus $10 at the end of the 36th month with the new system
    for someone with PM between months 61 and 72 (and every year after that after that point)
                  the old reward program will give $60/year ($5/cycle) versus $10/year under the new system 

3. You can no longer apply $1 or $2 you got to the bill right a way, you have to collect enough to 15 points to cash out $15 in one shot
    Also, you have to remember to convert your points to dollars once it reaches 15 points.  PM no longer automatic apply the reward discount.

On the other hand, the goodies for new system,

- 5% Points back for add-on purchases as well

- add-ons are around 33% cheaper when you redeem with Public Points
- you can use 1 point for lucky draw, so, technically you bet $1 and can win an iPhone 

harrysphone

That is what must of happened. You would think they would of looked at that right away.

I kept telling them it all started with extra $1.00 discount  on April 01 And the problem started on the 

date you mentioned. I guess the wrong ticket number put the tech guys looking in the wrong place.

But the good thing is the phone is now working.

Question!!! This new system of credits vs dollars is that a good or bad for those who have had a plan a long time??

Question!!! Since I have lost two weeks of phone do they ever give some kind of credits??

Thanks to all the community people for their help. in this matter.

It does see strange @harrysphone, but glad some things seem to be coming around.

That $1 credit...you are not referring to Loyalty reward are you?

I wonder if your account was affected by the April 1st renewal debacle:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Resolved-System-Issue-Accounts-in-Suspe...

harrysphone

All the CSA agents I text with (there were lots) could not fix the problem and transfer me to a tech guy.

Did have a call from Tech but we could not connect and the phone they gave was automated and

I could never get back to him/her. The last CSA agent could not find a ticket on my phone. Later he/she text and 

said the ticket was put in incorrect. They did a new one. They said be it could take 72 hrs to fix.

As I write its 2.32 AM here. I heard a noise on my phone so I checked. texted my wife and it worked, phoned

her cell and it went through. I think we may be back in business.  will see tomorrow.

your question >>>phone/text/data has worked fine for three years.

I still thing the problem started on last months bill payment when they gave me a new $1.00 credit.

somebody did something wrong. Its the only change in billing in a year.

thanks for your help.

@harrysphone wrote:

wife is on public as well hers works fine.

we switched sim cards and the problem just went over to her phone.

It does not make any sense about texting If I just text my wife and say hi

I get message on my phone that your plan does not cover texting.

They do not sell a plan that does not include texting so where does that come from.

I still think that on my last payment. I received a $1.00 new credit for some reason . When they made that change

I think someone screwed up. I ever got a text thanks for your payment

@harrysphone  - your symptoms you list appear an issue with your SIM card or account.

The account can only be 'fixed' by CSA agents. So what is there TECH support doing for you, I would like to know?

Have you ever had ALL your phone/text/data service working on this SIM card previously?

@harrysphone wrote:

sorry did not try that. not sure what to do

@harrysphone  not sure how to check if your phone is blacklisted, is that what you are asking?

Go to this site:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Enter *#06# on your phone dialer, and you will receive your IMEI #.

Enter your IMEI # in the device check link.

Need Help? Let's chat.