cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

harrysphone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

sorry did not try that. not sure what to do

harrysphone

wife is on public as well hers works fine.

we switched sim cards and the problem just went over to her phone.

It does not make any sense about texting If I just text my wife and say hi

I get message on my phone that your plan does not cover texting.

They do not sell a plan that does not include texting so where does that come from.

I still think that on my last payment. I received a $1.00 new credit for some reason . When they made that change

I think someone screwed up. I ever got a text thanks for your payment

@harrysphone 

Device blacklisted (yes/no)?

harrysphone

sim card is correct

@harrysphone 

Try this site to ensure your phone did not get blacklisted, the site will fully describe how to go about doing this:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | DeviceCheck.ca

Also, @harrysphone , while you're at it, log into your self-serve, go under Change SIM card in the My Profile section, note the last 4 digits of the SIM card registered there.   Then remove your SIM card from your device and ensure the last 4 digits match the one showing under self-serve.

@harrysphone  - let's hope it is quicker than that.

Two hours ago now, eh? I would respond to that message again today. State this has been going one for days already and ask really nicely for help as soon as possible.

harrysphone

Got a message back about 2 hrs ago from the last guy that said there was not ticket

on my phone. He must of checked hand found that they had the ticket number wrong.

He sent me the new ticket number and said it was in the hands of the tech guys and could

take 72 hrs to get back. Long weekend i guess .He said they may call on my land line.

You still getting that message on my phone screen that says "you do not have text on this plan"and same thing  happens on 2 different phones @harrysphone ?

Keep on the CSA ticket, respond back and tell about this message.

Do you happen to know anyone else in your area with Public Mobile (is your wife) experiencing any issues?

Check for outages in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus

https://downdetector.ca/status/telus/map/ 

harrysphone

Just a heads up

Like to thanks every one for the suggestions and helping me get on to agent.

Sorry to say I have text's between 4/5 agents and are getting no wwhere.

The last agent I talked to said he / she could not even find a ticket on the

problem phone of mine and wanted to start all over again.

I did have a phone call from a tech guy a couple of days ago but we did

not connect and the return number has not way to reconnect.

From  one of the tech guys the same phone came across my cell

but of course I could not answer . Phone does not work.

There must be a better system.

Getting very frustrated here

harrysphone

yes thank you.

opened a ticket yesterday. Got a reply today. I was asked to change my sim card with another

phone. Then try using that phone. The different phone had the same problem.

I was told that my account was good. I have replied to him. I believe that if if did not 

work he would forward the problem to the technical department.

we will see what happens.

Were you able to open a ticket? Keep us updated on how this gets resolved. Thanks. 

@harrysphone  - if neither of the above works for you perhaps our community settings is set to hide your private messages...if this is the case, turn it on under your Community Settings under your AVATAR.

Ensure the check is selected under "Turn on private messages" as shown below:

esjliv_0-1649727167987.png

Like this @harrysphone 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods: (recommend #2)

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

@harrysphone wrote:

how do I do the . submit ticket. with CSA.>>> When to the site that was suggested .. Saw a sample

but would not let me do anything

@harrysphone 

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster  use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) by submitting a message(ticket) to them here: 

Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

harrysphone

how do I do the . submit ticket. with CSA.>>> When to the site that was suggested .. Saw a sample

but would not let me do anything

harrysphone

Hi I tried that site you sent. I cannot  see were you  connect  with a customer support agent CSA

Talking to the computor is a waste of time

@harrysphone  - if you are not on an old grandfathered plan with no texting included, and your account is active, I don't know why you would be receiving this message.

I would submit a ticket with CSA to inquire about this via the links provided above.

harrysphone

logged in say active...... tried to reboot the phone ....

harrysphone

hi there.... plans recharges on may 2.... Have lots of minutes,,,,, tried to text my wife again. message on my phone screen says you do not have text on this plan>>>>I tried turning phone off and looked at the sim card.

The silly part is the the data works fine. If i phone 611 it say I am paid and I have $15.00 credit

@harrysphone - 

first....please select the right top arrow in your post and remove your personal information.

Okay so you seem to be active until May 2, 2022. That's good.

Some troubleshooting to try:

Try one or more of the below removing your SIM, then reinserting it.

Perform a reset network settings on your device.

Can you try your SIM into another compatible phone to see if services work then?

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

harrysphone

If I try to phone a lady comes on saying call cannot be done as dialed had up and try again. sometimes after a delay it will make the call. on the text I just texted my wife. she got nothing... She text me back and I got nothing but across my screen came something about 611. I phoned 611 and the message guy said my new bill will be may 02... your have 15.00 in your account. nothing about the text messages

@harrysphone  i just re-read your post...where does it say:

"For text is says I do not have text on this account.." ?

Hi @harrysphone , we are customers and members like you here on the forum. We have no access to your account.

Would you please select the right top arrow in your post and remove your personal information? 

When was your renewal date?

If your account is active try removing and reinserting your SIM card, or toggle into and out of airplane mode.

Does that help?

Can you confirm you have plan minutes left on your account?

Check the overview section of your self serve account under this section below. If you do not see the line item than you used up all your outgoing calling minutes. You can purchase a $5 / 500 Canada wide calling addon. This is a great addition to a limited minute plan, and will roll over each renewal until used up.

esjliv_0-1601935725902.png

If issues persist, and others suggestions are not working, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

HI @harrysphone   did you say data works and just not voice?

if it shows Active, reboot the phone once more time.  Then try to make an outgoing calls and try an incoming calls

harrysphone

Hi got the reg messsage to pay or forget if on automatic pay plan. next i get a text saying make payment.

Then I get a message thanks for your payment. Just in case I added 15.00 to my account, Data works. when I try a phone it says cannot connect as dialed. For text is says I do not have text on this account.. When I looked at the bank account

I could see that you must have given me a new credit as the bill went down by $1.12 and you seemed to be a little late billing me. 

Looking forword  your reply

harry dunnell

selenacaparello
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Unfortunately, that was what I had to do. I messaged the agents privately many, many times when this all started on Friday. They all said the same things and made the same suggestions (it's all script). Then they apologised and said tech was working on resolving it as quickly as they could. But never gave a timeline - just left me sitting there in limbo. 

I had no choice but to immediately change my account to another provider and request a refund from PM. This isn't about the inconvenience of calling a few friends - some of us need our phones for work and I had already lost 3 days of work due to this issuefor which I certainly wasn't going to get compensation feom PM. A service credit to my account means nothing at this point if I can't pay my bills. 

I'm sorry but this whole thing is being handled poorly by the company. One update from three days ago and they're done? Maybe they feel they don't need to stress about this as much because they managed to get most of the other accounts up and running so this seems less urgent now? Every agent I spoke to said they would keep me updated but they never did; I chased them every step of the way. 

It is unacceptable for a company of this size to think that their customers should just wait for as long as it takes for them to resolve this glitch in their system. If they valued our business, they would be treating us with kid gloves throughout this but instead, they've offered nothing but the occasional platitude. That should be a sign of what they think of us and our custom. 

I got tired of feeling helpless so I had to take back my control so that's what I did. 

I wish the rest of you good luck through this all. This is super stressful and don't let anyone downplay the urgency and importance of this to you. 

Leo57
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I know that it is frustrating cause it was for me. Most of the people here can suggest things but this problem can only be fixed from a PM agent. Good luck

Leo57

I have posted here how they fixed the problem with me. You need to message an agent. If that agent didnt help you message again. Keep going till you get the right agent that knows what to do. It took me a day and a half and finally I got one guy that fixed it in 2 minutes.

Clemhoeck

yes more than once. I'm at my 8th ticket. 

Leo57

Did you message an agent?

Need Help? Let's chat.