cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Resolved] System Issue: Accounts in Suspend

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Update: The account suspend issue has been resolved. Thank you.

————————

Hey Community, 

We’re currently having some issues with our Monthly Renewal Charge and Auto Top-Ups, causing some customer accounts to mistakenly go into suspend. Our team is working on a fix, all services for impacted accounts are expected to be reinstated by 4pm EST. Check back for more updates. We’ll also update this post when the issue is resolved. 

Thank you,

- Public Mobile Team

591 REPLIES 591

Clemhoeck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Monday afternoon now. Still not resolved! I have not been able to make calls, receive calls or take messages now since Friday afternoon April 1st. Do not tell me to swap out my sim card with another phone, suspend my account, restart my phone or make a dance and pray. I want this resolved, I want a full refund from autopay, the deposit I added to try and make this work so I can cancel my service and find a different provider. I want this resolved yesterday! I am at my 8th ticket opened! How is any of this acceptable???

Bradley17
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I had the same problem as you and i just upgraded my plan to a more expensive plan and it reactivated everything. i hope this can help.  

edmunday35

My Issue was I paid on my renewal date with top up vouchers and the money was accepted but no service the following days I added a top up voucher of 40 to get it going but there's still the matter of the vouchers used earlier and the money that was in my available balance......................

@jwon wrote:

Yes, I've created a ticket but this should not be happening. 

@jwon   totally agree.  I understand it's unavoidable for some system issue once in awhile, but they should have done a better join to help those still have issue after the main issue was resolved.  

Once your service is back up and running, you should ask for some kind of compensation.   

jwon

Yes, I've created a ticket but this should not be happening. 

@jwon  have you open a ticket yet?  

Yes, this issue from April 1st, although mostly resolved, selected number or users still have problem with their service.  Open a ticket with PM Support and have them look into it

In the mean time, you can try to put your SIM into another phone  and see if it will trigger a re-provision and that might resolve your issue

jwon

This is still not resolved. Autopay failed and my account went into 'Expired' state. I do have enough funds, but when I try to 'reactive' it just takes me to payment page. I added even extra money but still not working.. UNACCAPTEBLE

Clemhoeck

NO IT HAS NOT BEEN RESOLVED!! 4 DAYS NOW WITH NO SERVICE!

@Clemhoeck wrote:

I've tried all this too many times to count now. Resolve this!

@Clemhoeck   I can't .  We are just customers like you

@J_PM , can you escalate the issue @Clemhoeck , It's Day 4 already.    Thanks

Clemhoeck

I've tried all this too many times to count now. Resolve this!

@Clemhoeck   So, is it saying Active now but no service, or is it saying Suspended still and you are unable to reactivate?

If showing Active but no service, try to get another phone and put your SIM card there and test.  This could trigger a reprovisioning of your SIM/account and that might fix the issue

Clemhoeck

Yes, I suspended it myself to see if after half an hour it might reboot when I reactivate it for the umpteenth time! This is just crazy.

@Clemhoeck  I am pretty sure you opened ticket with PM Support, what did they say?

Also, has PM debit the money from your credit card yet  Did that show on both your Transaction log on My Account and credit card as well?

your Account status on My Account still showing suspended?

In any case open another ticket with PM Support again and press for an answer

Clemhoeck

Day 4 with no service. 

Clemhoeck

It's Sunday evening where I live. I've lost service since Friday afternoon and I still have no service!!!!! I've added funds to my account, I have asked for a reimbursement of them now, I've swapped out the sim card to another phone, I've restarted it too many times to count, I've disabled and reenabled my phone....Public Mobile this is on your end not mine! Get this fixed!

54321Wonderful

MariaRamsey,

Ive the same problem as you, I also expecting phone calls from my doctor's office regarding an appointment.

So flustrted, finally my problem is solved now.  Hope they will solve your problem soon.

Clemhoeck

Yes I have and many other things to try and resolve this! This is on your end not mine. It is Sunday evening here now and still my service does not work! How is this acceptable? 

@MarieRamsey  - we depend on our phones so much these days that when that luxury is removed it is an inconvenience, no doubt about it.

You are welcome to vent to the community, but like @Yummy said we cannot explain anymore or help anymore as the information is shared here.

If your service is still not working, ensure you have an open ticket with CSA. OR, open another one to keep that conversation going until this is resolved for you.

I have noticed your community account has been around for quite some time, so you are not new to PM. If you are chatting with an agent, you may want to consider changing your community username (if that is your actual full name). It is up to you, but there are fraudsters out there can can use personal information against you, if they really want to. Just a cautious suggestion.

I understand your frustration but you are talking to customers like yourself and we all know that.

MarieRamsey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm one of the many that has been without service for days due to the auto-pay failure, (even though i also made a manual payment).

I'm not only disappointed in the service, but the lack of updates and statements in regards to this issue.

The last official statement I've seen posted in the forum stated this issue should be resolved by now, when it in fact has not.

There aren't any updates, nor have they explained HOW and WHY this happened. Public Mobile is owned by Telus, and i've never heard of Telus forcing their customers to be without service for DAYS, especially not without an adequate explanation. 

And what credit will they offer for this inconvenience? I applied to jobs, now they cannot contact me. If I miss out on a job opportunity because of this? Do you think a stupid $20.00 credit would cover that? It won't. It will not for most of us. we need our phones working NOW.

MarieRamsey
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My service is still suspended due to the autopay fail. this is embarrassing. 

@mpxiii 

Awesome. Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear he sorted out all the credit and plan stuff and I suspect he reprovisioned your SIM card as well. Anytime you need help come to the community and if we can't offer a solution we will direct you to customer support to do on the account side what we cannot do on the community side of things.

Wishing you well!

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

mpxiii

He had to fix it on the system end.  I didn't have to do anything to resolve it.  When I checked back into my account, I noticed that my previous plan was back in place and some transactions were entered in the transaction history and I received an email a few minutes later asking to try out my service and to check if thing were back to normal.

I did receive the feedback link and responded positively!

@mpxiii 

Did Francisco tell you how he fixed your account/service? Did he reprovision your sim card? You can also ask him for a review link if you would like to give feedback on the customer service you received today.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin#.

mpxiii

I didn't try this because the CSA resolved it, but thank you for letting me know of this troubleshooting step.

mpxiii

My issue has been resolved by Francisco, CSA.  I must say I am very impressed with the level of urgency to my response and resolution to my issue.  I commend Francisco on his service and understanding of my situation. 

Thank you for turning a very negative experience into a positive one.  The disruption of service was a major annoyance but I do appreciate the response from Public when they realized how it was affecting me.

'Koodos' to your team 😉

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Has there been any further updates on what the issue was and if it is actually fully resolved?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@J_PM   it is now Day 3 and look like we still have selected customers with no service.  Was it an issue that PM unable to get the money and hence unable to resume the service? or even PM got the money but a problem with resuming service on those accounts?  

honest, it is a crisis now.  Many affected  have talked about moving to another provider, especially those still have no service on Day 3..  If it is a matter of not getting the money due to system issue, maybe it is time for PM to just resume the service for them first, and  debit them the money back after when the issue is resolved.

@selenacaparello   Many already have service resumed but still some without service this morning

When you login to My Account, did you see it showing Status Active or Suspended?  did you see PM took money on April 1 (or 2 or 3rd0 yet?

I understand your frustration.  If you need a phone to use and you have wifi, consider downloading VoIP app TextNow and use it as a temporary phone for now 

Need Help? Let's chat.