cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

523 REPLIES 523

@U2c wrote:

I'm having problem since yesterday. I can receive call but can't make a call. There is recording sa

There's been reported problems similar to yours, coming from Quebec. If you're in LaBelle Province, please be patient...PM is working on it !

KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

U2c
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having problem since yesterday. I can receive call but can't make a call. There is recording sa

SSSTrio

Public Mobile is now the worst server in Canada : ( I paid my bill and now my phone plan doesn't work; I cannot make any local calls.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lieux this is helpful, but instead of copying the full contents of the announcement, you might be better to just link to it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/KNOWN-ISSUE-Select-customers-on-Provinc...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

TheWingsExpert

Maybe next time, just send of a text please?

irishman4
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@norrmt29   here's a link  so you can contact them , i had same problem for 2 days

when they took care of my issue it took 2 minutes... so here's the link so you can contact them

hope this will help you , & all folks with same problem........Regards......

@normt29 wrote:

My plan expires march 22 2019
My local calls are being treated as long distance since this morning. I can receive calls but cant make them as of today. Yesterday everything was fine. Please help, I am presently job hunting & this is stoping me from contacting futur employers.
Thank you

Public Mobile
[KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Hey Community,

The only solution for you now it's to buy an add-on long distance Canada for 8$ for 200 minutes...for the important calls...no limit for this add-on..until it's finished...

normt29

@norrmt29

My local calls are being treated as long distance since this morning. I can receive calls but cant make them as of today. Yesterday everything was fine. Please help, I am presently job hunting & this is stoping me from contacting futur employers.
Thank yo

This may not be a Telus directly related issue, as most of the towers in Quebec, and east are Bell Canada.

\

@Nashashuk wrote:

Since yesterday I can receive call but I can't place any because it says I don't have the add on for long distance calls when I'm trying to call local. Please help 😞

Public Mobile
[KNOWN ISSUE] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Hey Community,

@s4rnold wrote:

While I live in the Montreal Island, my cellphone, which follows the province-wide talk plan, is having this problem since yesterday where I can't seem to reach a Montreal number because each time I type in a Montreal number, I get the response that says that cellphone requires what my plan doesn't cover: active long-distance add-on. What measures should I take in order for such contact to be possible again? I ask this as I don't want to end up paying a monthly fee for something I want that is no longer functioning.

Public Mobile

Hey Community,

Nashashuk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you 😞 I hope they fix it soon

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are you able to contact other people in other areas?

Montreal/Quebec has been expericencing outages.

Here is the link for the bug from TVA news....https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/03/19/le-reseau-public-mobile-connait-des-rates-1

s4rnold

While I live in the Montreal Island, my cellphone, which follows the province-wide talk plan, is having this problem since yesterday where I can't seem to reach a Montreal number because each time I type in a Montreal number, I get the response that says that cellphone requires what my plan doesn't cover: active long-distance add-on. What measures should I take in order for such contact to be possible again? I ask this as I don't want to end up paying a monthly fee for something I want that is no longer functioning.

irishman4

Paulettes  

Hello  to all people that can't make local calls , or get an answer you need an add-on

i had same problem for 2 days ...contacted   Moderator   and  when a Lady  from  Moderator took care of problem it was fixed in 2 minutes so  best way is to contact them  ,but.. be patient  a lot of  folks are without any service & they do their best... hope this will  help all......

rocco

I am dismayed that public mobile did not have the simple courtesy  to send an  announcement to the custommers affected by the glitch.

I waisted a lot of time  trying to troubleshoot with your help tool..... 

regards

rocco

Public Mobile

Hey Community,

irishman4

Hello  to all people that can't make local calls , or get an answer you need an add-on

i had same problem for 2 days ...contacted   Moderator   and  when a Lady  from  Moderator took care of problem it was fixed in 2 minutes so  best way is to contact them  ,but.. be patient  a lot of  folks are without any service & they do their best... hope this will  help all......

Public Mobile

Hey Community,

@Nashashuk wrote:

Since yesterday I can receive call but I can't place any because it says I don't have the add on for long distance calls when I'm trying to call local. Please help 😞

Yes if you are in Quebec and have a plan with provincial call...a lot of people have the same problemas you..public mobile work on it...Smiley Frustrated

PeddyPower

Wow.  The issue was brought up yesterday before supper and you are only doing message today at 1:30 pm.  Furthermore,  I received no reply by text nor email from moderator where as last year when I had issue I received personal text.  Plus you now have cancelled customer service reps.

👎

VMAX

Finally, some information and aknowledgment of an existing major problem!

Let's submit our complaints to Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services  (CCTS)

Nashashuk

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

I believe a similar issue happened in Southern Ontario last year, affecting Province-wide callers also.  I had LD add-on minute and that allowed me to make phone calls, while others were having difficulties.

bouchard

still no service

unable to call

QC - Montreal

normt29

Thank you

Corina81

The problem is for the customers who have the 25 dollar plan....i got fed up and paid for a the 35 this morning and my phone is working

@wj942 wrote:

Whenever I dial, the "automated publicmobile voice" is telling me that a local Montreal phone number I have been dialling for the last year is now a long distance number even though the number has not changed. Can anyone tell me why this might be happening?

Thank you for any help.

Here is the link for the bug from TVA news....https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/03/19/le-reseau-public-mobile-connait-des-rates-1

Here's the tink for the bug in Quebec from TVA news....

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/03/19/le-reseau-public-mobile-connait-des-rates-1

HERE the link for the bug in Quebec from TVA nouvelles.

https://www.tvanouvelles.ca/2019/03/19/le-reseau-public-mobile-connait-des-rates-1...

Need Help? Let's chat.