cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

Pizzaeh

@Nikita wrote:

@Pizzaeh   lol hihi. Umm its the bug everyone is talking about .Trust me they know about. Im just warning other to use the add on sparingly

Welp, PM gave you the minutes to use while they work on the problem and you're surprised that the minutes are being used up when you make calls.  Water, it's wet.  Use those minutes sparingly folks, you might run out. ;o)

@Nikita , my quick math tells me 400 minutes give you 6 hours and 40 minutes of usage. @Alan_K @Said the techs plan for the fix to be applied early Wednesday morning.

its still late Tuesday evening.

Sleep well. 

Nikita
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Pizzaeh   lol hihi. Umm its the bug everyone is talking about .Trust me they know about. Im just warning other to use the add on sparingly

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nikita wrote:

hey guys.

Earlier today i thought my phone was working again. I'm one of those touched by the Quebec bug on outgoing calls only. Unfortunately as i logged into my account to see the 400 min long distance gift they have given,  i realized that every call I'm making is using up the minutes of the add on even if its local.  So it's not fixed!!!  We can make calls because of the free add on! So just a warning. Don't use your phone at will. Use sparingly till problem is fixed .   🙂 In the mean time hang in there. I love public mobile and even if we had been on telus or fido, no companies are with out bugs. 🙂  

Regards Nikki

@Nikita 

The annoucement said something about early morning March 20. It's not March 20 yet. So you'll use up the 400 minutes calling out.

Pizzaeh

@Nikita wrote:

hey guys.

Earlier today i thought my phone was working again. I'm one of those touched by the Quebec bug on outgoing calls only. Unfortunately as i logged into my account to see the 400 min long distance gift they have given,  i realized that every call I'm making is using up the minutes of the add on even if its local.  So it's not fixed!!!  We can make calls because of the free add on! So just a warning. Don't use your phone at will. Use sparingly till problem is fixed .   🙂 In the mean time hang in there. I love public mobile and even if we had been on telus or fido, no companies are with out bugs. 🙂  

Regards Nikki

Sorry to hear about your troubles.  What plan are you on?  

You should probably send a private message to the mods.

Skills at math, reading the terms of service, and a nice guy...  game, set, and match.  

Crap happens.  It could have been worse.  I got an amber alert on my phone tonight.  A 4 y/o in York Region has been abducted.

there are larger issues in the world than 36 hours without phone service calling out.  Maybe try a collect call.  I know I would accept the charge.

Nikita

hey guys.

Regards Nikki

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PeddyPower wrote:

Heh VCornett.  Your comments do not help here.  As explained before, the add on is not working unless willing to pay. As for your technically speaking.....👎

Did you mean to tag me, @PeddyPower ?

EDIT: if so, you agreed to the Terms of Service when you activated.  And they state this:

In addition, service failures or interruptions can occur due to events beyond Public Mobile's reasonable control. These may
include:
• Atmospheric conditions (including solar activities);
• Physical obstacles interfering with the transmission of radio signals; Limitations on the capacity of the network to carry traffic from all nearby users;
• Technical limitations of the systems of other telecommunications companies or limitations of the interconnection of
transmission facilities;
• Defects or failures in network equipment; or

• Emergency or public safety requirements.

Last EDIT:

This outage lasted what, about 36 hours?  Your 30 day plan has 30 * 24 = 720 hours, meaning 36 hours represents about 36/720 * 100 = about 5% of your current 30 day cycle.  If you were to get compensation for 36 hours, that would repesent about 5% of your 30 day plan cost.  Let's assume you're on a $50/30 days plan.  5% of $50 = $2.50.  PM has given you a free add-on worth $15, or 6 times the compensation you might think you were entitled to on a $50 plan.  Adjust the math as needed for your plan, but any way you slice it, unless your plan costs more than $300 per 30 days, you're getting more $ value from the add-on than 5% of your plan cost.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

PeddyPower
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Heh VCornett.  Your comments do not help here.  As explained before, the add on is not working unless willing to pay. As for your technically speaking.....👎

srlawren

@PeddyPower wrote:

📍How about explaining the step by step process to add the add on of free minutes.  Right now if I try to add on minutes my public mobile account, my public mobile account says I have 0 minutes and it will cost me. 👎

@smp99 wrote:

Yes how do you get the add on? I happen to be in Quebec this week even thought my number is Ontario. I have had to resort to Fongo so not all is lost. Do you contact moderators? How do I prove that I was visiting Quebec?

@smp99 @PeddyPower  according to @Alan_K, it's arleady been added to anyone affected.  See here:

@Alan_K wrote:

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

@vcornett62 wrote:

is there going to be able compensation on my account for not being able to make any calls for the last 2 days as its saying i have no long distance add on on my account and i cant use my phone at all when i need it for emergancies.

@vcornett62 technically they don't have to provide you any compensation (seriously, review the terms of service if you don't believe me 🙂 ).  However, please see the bit I've quoted above. They should have already added a complimentary 400 min long distance add-on (these normally sell for $15) to your account.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

vcornett62
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

is there going to be able compensation on my account for not being able to make any calls for the last 2 days as its saying i have no long distance add on on my account and i cant use my phone at all when i need it for emergancies.

smp99

Yes how do you get the add on? I happen to be in Quebec this week even thought my number is Ontario. I have had to resort to Fongo so not all is lost. Do you contact moderators? How do I prove that I was visiting Quebec?

srlawren

@Alan_K wrote:

Most Recent Update

@Alan_K we appreciate you keeping the thread updated.  I think the community would have preferred a quicker initial posting, but otherwise your communication was quite good.  Also, the 400 min LD add-on is a very nice gesture for those whom were affected.  

PeddyPower

📍How about explaining the step by step process to add the add on of free minutes.  Right now if I try to add on minutes my public mobile account, my public mobile account says I have 0 minutes and it will cost me. 👎

jamaleddarkaoui

hi every one

I've changed the plan and now it works !

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Service restored @ Montréal. Cheers.

Kosta20

Hello, 

My service is up again here in Laval, Quebec. 

Hopefully it stays that way. 

All the best. 

@PeddyPower  a écrit :

Still not working for my Mom in Quebec.  She powered off and on her phone and it still does not call out.  I will officially begin looking for another cell provider as Public Mobile’s customer service and treatment of this situation is 0 on 10.

FYI:📍I pay for my Moms phone.  I will contact Videotron where I have my IPhone and where there is respectable customer service by paid workers here’s the province of Qc. 🗣We, the holders of cell phone agreements should not have to provide customer service ourselves in these here community forums.

Still not ok for your Mom? I suggest you to write to the moderator here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and explain them that it's not ok with your phone. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days USUALLY...Smiley Frustrated

@PeddyPower wrote:

🗣We, the holders of cell phone agreements should not have to provide customer service ourselves in these here community forums.

Agree it was ridiculous to have no information from PM on either the French or English forums, however we did "sign up" for help support to be delivered here. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Alan_K Thanks for finally acknowledging the issue. Even if a day late and a £ short. Robot Sad

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

PeddyPower

Still not working for my Mom in Quebec.  She powered off and on her phone and it still does not call out.  I will officially begin looking for another cell provider as Public Mobile’s customer service and treatment of this situation is 0 on 10.

FYI:📍I pay for my Moms phone.  I will contact Videotron where I have my IPhone and where there is respectable customer service by paid workers here’s the province of Qc. 🗣We, the holders of cell phone agreements should not have to provide customer service ourselves in these here community forums.

orangeworx

Lol @ bug is over while I'm posting my issue

Great then! Only took about 24 hours...

Both our phones are back

@computergeek541  a écrit :

@Lieux wrote:

The bug is over!!!Smiley HappyCat HappyMan HappyWoman Happy

You just tried making calls?  I hope it's over for everyone.  I'm sure that customers were not happy about all this.

Yes not just for me... a lot of people wrote the same thing! And yes a lot of angry...some have left...

orangeworx

Both our lines are also exhibiting this problem... Since yesterday, noticed around noon. At first, my wife noticed it. I shrugged it off thinking the number she was trying to call was spam (long story) but a little later when I needed to make a call of my own, I got the same message about not having long distance calls as part of my plan. Though everything else works; data, calling voicemail, texting in/out and incoming calls.

So from this TLDR thread, I understand it's been identified and being worked on?

@Lieux wrote:

You just tried making calls?  I hope it's over for everyone.  I'm sure that customers were not happy about all this.

@srlawren wrote:

@Lieux this is helpful, but instead of copying the full contents of the announcement, you might be better to just link to it.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/KNOWN-ISSUE-Select-customers-on-Provinc...

Yes that's a nice idea @srlawren ! Thanks.

skrausz1818

we should be getting regular updates as koodo reps that handle public mobile customers...

been getting angry customers all day lol. many are asking if there will be a credit in place for the down time

1er-Ginette

srlawren

@SSSTrio wrote:

Public Mobile is now the worst server in Canada : ( I paid my bill and now my phone plan doesn't work; I cannot make any local calls.

Are you in Quebec?  If so, there is a known issue.  Please stay tuned here for updates:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/KNOWN-ISSUE-Select-customers-on-Provinc...

Need Help? Let's chat.