cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

@lxd7777 wrote:

I can not make any call since March 18, but I can receive

Yes there is a bug in québec...if it's the case for you....nothing to do...There is another alternative...switch your plan to the 15$...if YOU want...it was tested by people on the french forum and it worked....

@djean123 wrote:

I am going on 24 hours with this issue. Yes, it would be nice if they made some kind of announcment!!!!!!!!

The only thing you can decide to do..is to switch your plan for the 15$ plan...it was tried by people in the french forum and it worked...But it's YOUR decicion...

@Lieux wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@fadi1965 wrote:

Thank you but I want my plan to work like normal, like it used to. Sorry for sounding rude, but it's just frustrating. 

There's a known outage in different areas today and yesterday, that's afecting cell service. As suggested by @Lieux , you can switch to a talk and data plan, then use a VOIP service to make calls until normal service is restored. Not the best, fer shur, but it's an option for now.

@hairbag1 that's not a talk and data plan...the 15$ has texts illimited too...Smiley Wink

BONUS !

djean123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am going on 24 hours with this issue. Yes, it would be nice if they made some kind of announcment!!!!!!!!

@hairbag1 wrote:

@fadi1965 wrote:

Thank you but I want my plan to work like normal, like it used to. Sorry for sounding rude, but it's just frustrating. 

There's a known outage in different areas today and yesterday, that's afecting cell service. As suggested by @Lieux , you can switch to a talk and data plan, then use a VOIP service to make calls until normal service is restored. Not the best, fer shur, but it's an option for now.

@hairbag1 that's not a talk and data plan...the 15$ has texts illimited too...Smiley Wink

@fadi1965 wrote:

@devouges wrote:

We are starting the second day without phone service 

There is another alternative...switch your plan to the 15$...if YOU want...it was tested by peolple on the french forum and it worked....

fadi1965

@Scruffy wrote:

i try to make a local call and a message says i dont have long distance package. i tried all troubleshooting now what

There is another alternative...switch your plan to the 15$...if YOU want...it was tested by peolple on the french forum and it worked....

@nuker wrote:

Where are the @CS_Agent or a emergency service number we can call?!? this is ridiculous.

@fadi1965 wrote:

exactly! the problem hasnt been recognized officially by Public Mobile, which is frustrating to be honest. I know that I have other alternatives to make calls, but i cannot use Viber or whatsapp or sms to call my son school, or call my doctors office, or any other office.

I am paying to make calls within the province from my phone. 

devouges

We are starting the second day without phone service 

@ErikWolf wrote:

This is the second day,  what does it's give us to pay you and get half a service , no awnsered via private message, no public post to keep us informed we both use our phone for the job.  And we both had prejudice from this and I know lot of people right now who just think of changing provider.  You are not acting like a compagny , you are acting like scammer after they took the money hide and hope people don't find them.

Public Mobiles uses Telus backbone so unless Telus makes a statement there's not much you can do except wait. I know it's very frustrating. Good luck.

@ErikWolf I'm just a customer like you. Because of the outage the moderators are probably taking longer to respond than normal.

fadi1965

exactly! the problem hasnt been recognized officially by Public Mobile, which is frustrating to be honest. I know that I have other alternatives to make calls, but i cannot use Viber or whatsapp or sms to call my son school, or call my doctors office, or any other office.

I am paying to make calls within the province from my phone. 

Kosta20

Hello again, 

Just to confirm that I am located in Laval, Quebec. Hopefully public mobile will give us an update because it's important that I can make calls since I don't have data on my plan and cannot use other apps to make calls. 

@Frank46 As I said, there have been service outages there the last 1-2 days. The moderators are aware of it, I'm sure they're working on fixing it. Unfortunately you will just have to be patient. Smiley Frustrated

For now, you can use apps like What's App, Fongo, or Viber to make calls/texts.

ErikWolf

This is the second day,  what does it's give us to pay you and get half a service , no awnsered via private message, no public post to keep us informed we both use our phone for the job.  And we both had prejudice from this and I know lot of people right now who just think of changing provider.  You are not acting like a compagny , you are acting like scammer after they took the money hide and hope people don't find them.

Frank46

Yes Quebec my phone doesn’t work 

@fadi1965 I haven't heard anything official on either the cause or when it will be fixed. For now you can use apps like Whats App, Fongo or Viber to make calls/texts.

fadi1965

Same problem here since yesterday , 3 phones, different plans, same problem, yes in Quebec.

still not fixed. I do understand that they must be working on resolving this issue, i totally understand, but can someone at least give us a time frame for a solution? 

@Gspook Are you currently in Quebec? There have been service outages there recently and they may not be fixed yet.

Gspook
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can’t call out since change over March 17 2019.. my plan includes unlimited talk and text... someone at public mobile messed up ... help... need to be able to call out 

@Kosta20 wrote:

Good morning, 

I currently have a 75$/90 day plan. My current issue is I cannot make local calls. I can receive calls and check voice mail but I cannot call. When I attempt to make a local call I get a recorded message saying that I do not have a long distance plan. I have attempted restarting my phone and reinserting the Sim card but this has not worked. Please help. 

Where are you located ? Sounds like there are several areas reporting outages since yesterday.

@Kosta20 Are you currently in Quebec? There have been service outages there and I'm not sure if they are fixed yet. If you are not in Quebec, try going into your account, report your phone as lost/stolen, log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and report it found, then restart your phone.

nuker

Where are the @CS_Agent or a emergency service number we can call?!? this is ridiculous.

AlexanderCA

@nuker No. Yesterday I've sent a message to Moderator_Group and still have no response 😞
That is not very best service from their side but we have no option but just wait I guess.

Kosta20

Good morning, 

I currently have a 75$/90 day plan. My current issue is I cannot make local calls. I can receive calls and check voice mail but I cannot call. When I attempt to make a local call I get a recorded message saying that I do not have a long distance plan. I have attempted restarting my phone and reinserting the Sim card but this has not worked. Please help. 

Brinastielow

Still can't make calls since yesterday!

nuker

Still can't make call this morning in Quebec anyone any idea what is going on?!?

Need Help? Let's chat.