cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA calling

KevinReichel12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to the us-canada plan and I am now if the USA. I seem to have good 5g service most all the time and the mobile data seems to work well. The problem I am having is I can't seem to make phone calls back to Canada and also an not getting calls. I manage to get through once and a while. Any suggestions as to why

2 REPLIES 2

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@KevinReichel12 first, remove the 5G and put phone to manually connect.

Is your phone VoLTE capable?

Put your phone to 4G/LTE and connect to T-Mobile or AT&T.   

If calls still don't work, put your phone to 2G and connect to T-Mobile. From the settings menu, turn on data roaming.

Resart might be needed.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@KevinReichel12 

because of 3G decommissioned and the problem that not all VoLTE phone are whitelisted with PM, voice calling in US with roaming is a bit tricky

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  You can test the voice on AT&T.  If it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

Need Help? Let's chat.