cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

@Diagonales wrote:

Appelez à TÉLUS - MOBILITÉ.

Le technicien vient de résoudre mon problème.

Insistez! Au début, ils disent que PublicMobile ne leur appartient pas!

Appelez TÉLUS MOBILITÉ

Bonne chance!

Ah OUI??? Et comment a-t-il pû faire pour résoudre votre problème changer de forfait???? Ou...je suis curieuse de connaître cette solution!!

Service is working fine in the GTA at the moment.  You might want to check this outage map to see if there has been reported issues in your local area.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/6167865-toronto-ontario-canada

@Kosta20 wrote:

Any official announcement from Telus as to why Public Mobile users cannot make local calls? 

No..not yet..Smiley Frustrated

@denis2 wrote:

@Constance66 

@Constance66 wrote:

I did it I switched the plan I hope it works if not change the company

Did it work ?

@mrredlite It WORKED for my daughter...the solution seems to be to switch for a plan with canada calls...but you will loose the rewards for this month they will be for your next renewal date.....do your calculation...

Diagonales
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Appelez à TÉLUS - MOBILITÉ.

Le technicien vient de résoudre mon problème.

Insistez! Au début, ils disent que PublicMobile ne leur appartient pas!

Appelez TÉLUS MOBILITÉ

Bonne chance!

Kosta20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Any official announcement from Telus as to why Public Mobile users cannot make local calls? 

Lochness

Lots of people can't make calls within Quebec since yesterday morning (including myself and my partner), especially from Montreal.  You can check another thread called "Can't make local calls?", but there's no solution yet...

mrredlite

did it worked??

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Constance66 

@Constance66 wrote:

Did it work ?

VMAX

Same problem with my phone number and at least another one that I know.

Total f@ck-up by Public mobile!

Constance66

After I switched to 15$ plan my phone worked....... Quebec City arrea.

Corina81

Not happy i bad To pay a 35 plan so i could have my phone 

Constance66

CellGirl

@Gspook 

Are you in Quebec? There's a known issue there right now. Another member said: "There is another alternative...switch your plan to the 15$...if YOU want...it was tested by peolple on the french forum and it worked...."

@Constance66 Depositing money into your account won't renew your plan early, it will just mean that the money will already be there when your plan tries to auto renew. If you want to renew your plan early you will have to contact a moderator, or change plans and choose to have it changed immediately.

Quebec is having problems with the service, they do know about it but there hasn't been anything official on when it will be fixed.

CellGirl

@Constance66 wrote:

I have paid in advance (payment due on march 31st), is what my account said if I am paying today I will have my phone functioning again. I am located in Quebec city and I have seen a lot of people who are in the same trouble that I am. Really I need my phone. Please do something

@Constance66 

Another member Lieux said "There is another alternative...switch your plan to the 15$...if YOU want...it was tested by people on the french forum and it worked...."

Constance66

I have paid in advance (payment due on march 31st), is what my account said if I am paying today I will have my phone functioning again. I am located in Quebec city and I have seen a lot of people who are in the same trouble that I am. Really I need my phone. Please do something

ISIYGRN1

@Tremblayj wrote:

i switched to the plan but it will only activate on april first... hope they dont make a fool out of me as well that day.

I THINK ITS TIME TO SWITCH SERVISE

@emolano Unfortunately you are not alone, many people in Quebec have been having problems, you will just have to be patient. Smiley Frustrated

For now you can use apps like What's App, Fongo, or Viber to place calls/text.

@Marie523 You can always switch plans with no changes to the rewards you receive. The only issue is if you choose to change your plan immediately rather than on your renewal date the rewards may not be applied to the plan change for the first month.

Tremblayj

i switched to the plan but it will only activate on april first... hope they dont make a fool out of me as well that day.

Tremblayj

No i'm not reffering to this message. The problem is clearly with the network as others also have the same problem. It says in french (Quebec) "Désolé nous ne pouvons transmettre votre appel, vous n'avec pas d'option d'interurbains..." whis translates to Sorry we can't transfer your call, you have no long distance call option.... and i did do the 1 btw, and i tried other friend numbers too. I'm not trying to call another country, only another city in the same province and my plan always worked before.Currently i have this one activated and paid for (autorenewal):

• This plan includes: -
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk

and it will switch to canada wide on april 1st... yet its useless to have a canada wide option if i can't even make a call in the same province (No offense meant to anyone).

emolano

I am located in NDG - Montreal, and I'm getting the same message about not having add-ons to make long distance calls even though I'm trying to call locally. This is happening since yesterday. So How is it that this company doesn't have any customer service to fix issues like this one? 

fishcalledchips

I too live in Montreal and have been having trouble with the phone for 2 days. Yesterday I was making local calls and got the message saying that my call cannot be completed because I don't have the long distance option. Today, when I make local calls I get a different message saying that I don't have "talk" as part of my plan, which is of course false. 

Any idea what's happening? Has anyone seen/heard an official announcement about these issues? 

Marie523

100 minutes vs unlimited calls .... yeah that's a good idea, let's all switch to that 15$ plan... that's what public mobile want's us to do anyway. I don't beleive this probleme was unpredictable. And 100 minutes is not a plan I want, will we be able to switch back afterwards without loosing all the rewards they are promissing to those who stick to their usual plan? Feels like our clientèle is being sent to the slaughter house. And still no news, PV's or whatever from public mobile.

alexzhenma

there is special 25$plan, has somebody tried to switch to that plan,  would it fix the issue?

madhi19
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just started a three month cycle, I sure as hell won't be throwing it all away to fix this crap. I guess as first impression goes this is not going well.

@nuker wrote:

I sure want to take the chance but I'll lose money if I do the change right now since the new renewal date is set for april, anyone have tried to change plan for the new renewal day if that fixed it or must be change right now and lose some money on the current billing plan?

Yes..you will lose some money ..the OP who has done the switch did it instantly...

nuker

I sure want to take the chance but I'll lose money if I do the change right now since the new renewal date is set for april, anyone have tried to change plan for the new renewal day if that fixed it or must be change right now and lose some money on the current billing plan?

hml1976

Unless you dial a 1 before the number the network is just letting you know that there could be long distance charges this happens with most nextworks

@Thecrimson1919 wrote:

Are you referring to the message when you make a call that says "long distance charges may apply?" In my experience this will always happen regardless of your plan .The network recognizes it as a long distance number and warns you .the network does not know what your plan includes .

Need Help? Let's chat.