cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[RESOLVED] Select customers on Province-wide talk plans experiencing outbound call issues

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Most Recent Update

19:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

Earlier today we identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls were unable to be placed. Inbound calling, texting and data services remained unaffected.

Our technical teams are implementing a solution which will restore outbound calling service to normal by early morning of March 20. No action is required on your behalf.

However, in the meantime, we have added a complimentary 400 minutes Long Distance Talk Add-On (includes calls to Canada & the U.S) for our affected customers, which you can use immediately and will allow you to make outbound calls. This Add-On will not expire as any unused minutes will roll over to your next cycle.

We understand that your service and staying connected is important and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

Updates

Please click the spoiler for a full history of this service issue to date.

Spoiler

13:30 ET - March 19, 2019

Hey Community,

We’ve identified an issue affecting select customers on Province-wide talk plans in which outbound phone calls are unable to placed. Currently, this looks to be isolated only to Quebec.

If you’re currently experiencing this issue, please note that inbound calling, texting, and data services remain unaffected. Meanwhile, wi-fi calling services and inbound calling may meet your talk needs temporarily.

Our technical team has identified the source of the issue and is working to restore service as quickly as possible. We will provide updates as we learn more.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

-Public Mobile Community Team

523 REPLIES 523

ndnk78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is it also the reason people can't make local call right now in Quebec?

PM please get it fixed as fast as you collect service charges.

@ApatheticFloW wrote:

@Lieux 

They won't help even though they own PB they'll just see if u wanna switch to them.

Now the CCTS is exactly what we all should be filing a complaint. Besides PB working on the issue which we have no confirmation of what's going on let alone when it might be fixed so the next best thing is for everyone of us to file a complaint with the CCTS.

Follow the bottom link to make a complaint 

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaints-process-explained/

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Re: Call dont go through

Appelez à TÉLUS - MOBILITÉ.

Le technicien vient de résoudre mon problème.

Insistez! Au début, ils disent que PublicMobile ne leur appartient pas!

Appelez TÉLUS MOBILITÉ

Bonne chance!

Call TELUS - MOBILITY.

The technician has just solved my problem.

Insist! At first, they say that PublicMobile does not belong to them!

Call TELUS MOBILITY

Good luck!

ApatheticFloW
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Lieux 

They won't help even though they own PB they'll just see if u wanna switch to them.

Now the CCTS is exactly what we all should be filing a complaint. Besides PB working on the issue which we have no confirmation of what's going on let alone when it might be fixed so the next best thing is for everyone of us to file a complaint with the CCTS.

Follow the bottom link to make a complaint 

https://www.ccts-cprst.ca/for-consumers/complaints/complaints-process-explained/

ApatheticFloW

@jamaleddarkaoui 

Sorry but customer service that legacy members had access to is no longer working the customer service is officially closed as of March 17 the exact same day people started having issues with their phones. Weird coincidence perhaps ?

So unfortunately we all gotta wait until it's fixed once and for alm whenever that will be. I do agree that we should have an exception and have a senior person or someone who has the authority or access to information via Public Mobile create a thread and then lock all the threads that are pertaining to the same issue to avoid all these new posts about the same problem all over the forums. Every thread should be redirected to the same place. Idk just a thought. 

@jamaleddarkaoui wrote:

is there a number to call ?

You can try to call Telus..or the CCTS...

jamaleddarkaoui

can we call some one to explain what happen guys ?

jamaleddarkaoui

is there a number to call ?

Samiab

+ 1 Is not the problem. It’s a network problem and PM is doing nothing about it. It’s been 2 days for me and the Moderators have not answered by messages. 

y2005y
My Plan

My Plan
  • This plan includes: -
  • - Unlimited International Text
  • - Unlimited Provincial Talk
$27 per 30 Days

I wont to do call from my number (438)-***-***1 to number my wife (438)-***-***2.
Where are here "long distance"?

I am not sure how the CCTS can be leveraged to shorten an outage duration.  I don't think the provider is abdicating responsibility and not taking action.  

JulioQc

ya that's what the info in the link describes 😉

pierrette1012

I'm in Quebec, my brother, my husband and my son all have the Province of Quebec only plan and can't make calls since yesterday, CAN SOMEONE FROM PUBLIC MOBILE TAKE 5 MINUTES TO POST SOMETHING ? We don't wish to pay more then we need to and pay for a Canada plan we don't need, it's the reason we are with PM to pay for what we use only ,  please can someone from the company give us some update ?   

gerardorz

Aim the MODERATORS...this robot is useless...somebody has time to call LA FACTURE?

The complaint should be sent the CCTS, not the CRTC.

CCTS-CPRST Complaints

gerardorz

@Alan_K, can you tell us what is going on with the Public Mobile service all over Quebec?

Since yesterday me and my wife are without service because all the phones are NOT LOCAL!

at least publish an add of not working network...

Im client for almost 10 years...never seen something like that...

Pls, inform us what to do or your clients will switch to another company...or maybe thats your goal?

Aim the MODERATORS...nobody will help...this robot is useless...

jamaleddarkaoui

i have the same problem since yesterday

i don't know how to resolve this **bleep**ing problem

Nikita

I am not on a legacy plan anymore for 3 years. But i  am the only one in my house that has been once upon a time and the only one ib my house that seems to have the bug thst makes me not able to call. All calls are directed to operator who says u need a long distance plan.  I could text, receive calls and use data but not make a call.  All other family member have no problems .

Anyone else a has beem or is legacy plan owner and in this situation?  Anyone never been on legacy plans and having this issue

gerardorz

@Alan_K, can you tell us what is going on with the Public Mobile service all over Quebec?

Since yesterday me and my wife are without service because all the phones are NOT LOCAL!

Pls, inform us what to do or your clients will switch to another company...or maybe thats your goal?

gerardorz

devouges

I do not agree with canada wide plan !   T hat is what the province-wide plan is for !

2 days without phone service is not very good.

JulioQc

I expect this to get deleted by mod but here is how to file a complaint with the CRTC:

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/plaint.htm

https://crtc.gc.ca/fra/phone/plaint.htm

Providers are imposed an MTTR of 24 hours on this type of interruption (48h-72h on other minor problems). So don't hesitate to make a complaint to get things moving. 

@mistigri wrote:

J'ai aussi le même problème, message, interurbain impossible, même si mes appels sont au Québec seulement.

Après plusieurs tentatives pour rejoindre Public Mobile et n'ayant toujours pas de réponse,

j'ai porté plainte au CPRST, j'espère avoir une réponse sous peu

Vous nous en donnerez des nouvelles....d'autres essaient avec TVA...à suivre...

VMAX

Where all moderators are? This IS a major problem. Still, not a single answer do direct messages, no update on community boards. So great 😞

mistigri

J'ai aussi le même problème, message, interurbain impossible, même si mes appels sont au Québec seulement.

Après plusieurs tentatives pour rejoindre Public Mobile et n'ayant toujours pas de réponse,

j'ai porté plainte au CPRST, j'espère avoir une réponse sous peu

@y2005y wrote:

I have plan 27$ (payment due on march 31st), is what my account said if I am paying today I will have my phone functioning again. I am located in Laval and my wife is in the same trouble that I am. Really we need our phones. Please do something

Yes IF your are changing for a plan with Canada calls not province only...and take note that you will not have your rewards for this switch..only next month..and you will lose what is on your current plan left...do your calculation..

y2005y

I have plan 27$ (payment due on march 31st), is what my account said if I am paying today I will have my phone functioning again. I am located in Laval and my wife is in the same trouble that I am. Really we need our phones. Please do something

Corina81

Jai changer mon forfait pas heureux mais le equipe donne pas nouvelles 😡

@Kosta20 wrote:

Hi thank you for your post. I'm in Laval, Quebec. According to the site you sent me there seems to be a reported issue in Montreal. Not sure what's happening. 

I've been a public mobile user for a little over a year. Is this typical for Telus not to officially announce any serious outages like this one. From the comments on the forum it seems like many customer in the province of Québec have this problem. 

I have been with Public Mobile for 2.5 years.  I have never seen any reports of service outages.  I am sure that local outage have taken place from time to time.  It does seem like they don't report outages in the community forum. 

@will13am There has been outage problems in Quebec since yesterday, others have been reporting it this morning still.

Kosta20

Hi thank you for your post. I'm in Laval, Quebec. According to the site you sent me there seems to be a reported issue in Montreal. Not sure what's happening. 

I've been a public mobile user for a little over a year. Is this typical for Telus not to officially announce any serious outages like this one. From the comments on the forum it seems like many customer in the province of Québec have this problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.