Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for ESIM

RumianR
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I saw in the FAQ section this segment

Can I Transfer from eSIM to eSIM?

Currently, the transfer of an eSIM from one device to another is not supported.

However, we do offer the option to transfer the service from one eSIM to another. To make this transition, you'll need to purchase a new eSIM. When you request a new eSIM, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee.

The steps for purchasing a new eSIM are as follows:

1. Log into the Public Mobile app or My Account.
  2. Tap on the 'Account' tab.
  3. Select 'Purchase SIM Card.'
  4. Choose 'eSIM' as your SIM card type.
  5. Tap 'Install' to complete the purchase.

Note: It's recommended to be connected to a Wi-Fi network when purchasing a new eSIM for optimal performance.

I followed all these instructions and I was still charged 5.75$

Was this a mistake?
My goal was to transfer my esim to my other phone.

5 REPLIES 5

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RumianR - I see. Please contact CS_Agent for help of crediting you back the $5 for new eSIM:

Submit a ticket via Chatbot:

fixin1_0-1714698626254.png

If you just want it quick and easy, here it is:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

@RumianR wrote:

That is what I did but I was still charged 5.75$

You'll need to use the chatbot to open a ticket to ask for the refund. https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

RumianR

That is what I did and as I understand in the article it says “When you request a new eSIM, we automatically identify you as an existing eSIM user and waive the replacement fee.”

RumianR

That is what I did but I was still charged 5.75$

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@RumianR you cannot "transfer" esim from one phone to another, but you CAN buy a new esim for free on your new phone (the old one will then be voided)

To rebuy new eSIM, first, download the app on your new phone.  Click Account from the bottom, then click Purchase SIM Card and select eSIM.  Once it confirms your phone is eSIM compatible, click Pay $  and Install and following the prompt to complete and purchase and install eSIM on your device

Need Help? Let's chat.